Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've just watched the full match replay. I don't think we look tired. It looked to me like two teams set up not to get beaten (perhaps not surprising considering it was a derby and the respective managers were Hughton and Hodgson). Both worked incredibly hard to close down, keep their shape and not allow their opponents any time or space. While there weren't many crazy tackles flying around the game was played at an intensity greater than any of our games so far(the same is presumably true for Palace) and that combined with nerves and the lack of space led to a lack of quality in the final third. I thought we were marginally the better team but the draw was a fair result.

Too bad we couldn't have hammered them out of sight but it's another clean sheet, another point and it's a distraction out of the way. Also, what a week this is: Palace sandwiched by games against Man Utd and Liverpool. That's a seven day period we couldn't have even dreamed of 20 years ago.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I've just watched the full match replay. I don't think we look tired. It looked to me like two teams set up not to get beaten (perhaps not surprising considering it was a derby and the respective managers were Hughton and Hodgson). Both worked incredibly hard to close down, keep their shape and not allow their opponents any time or space. While there weren't many crazy tackles flying around the game was played at an intensity greater than any of our games so far(the same is presumably true for Palace) and that combined with nerves and the lack of space led to a lack of quality in the final third. I thought we were marginally the better team but the draw was a fair result.

Too bad we couldn't have hammered them out of sight but it's another clean sheet, another point and it's a distraction out of the way. Also, what a week this is: Palace sandwiched by games against Man Utd and Liverpool. That's a seven day period we couldn't have even dreamed of 20 years ago.

Spot on.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I thought it was a scrappy damp squib and an anti climax, ah well, we didn't lose.

Renegade

Nov 24, 2017
5 hours of my life wasted on this.

What a dire game having said that we are hardly matching Barcelona for entertainment overall.

Another home drawn game against another team we are capable of beating.It's not good enough.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Completely agree with this. I thought it was an entertaining, fast paced game, albeit lacking in quality, especially in the final third. Both teams pressing well as you said. We really struggled to get in behind them though - managed to more v United last Saturday!

In hindsight I'm happy with a clean sheet and another point in a typical scrappy derby game that we could have easily lost had Ryan not made yet another excellent double save.

Onwards... although we could do with a home win pretty soon!! We should play without fear against the scousers; their away form isn't great and they concede a lot of goals...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here