Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] First Ashes Test Australia vs England Brisbane 23rd-27th November

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I accept the past history of The Gabba and the record but what baring did that have on the match when we let them off the hook after lunch on Day 3 or even when we had them at 76 for 4 when Smith came in. History is great but that was the present and actually happening.

You seem hell bent on blaming the bowlers when we barely managed 300 runs on a flat wicket batting first to set the tone for the series. Bowling them out (as I've already said to you) for 328 was actually a more than decent effort on a surface in all honesty that someone should have got 400+ on. To then get skittled out for 200 AND then blame the bowlers is frankly ridiculous.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You seem hell bent on blaming the bowlers when we barely managed 300 runs on a flat wicket batting first to set the tone for the series. Bowling them out (as I've already said to you) for 328 was actually a more than decent effort on a surface in all honesty that someone should have got 400+ on. To then get skittled out for 200 AND then blame the bowlers is frankly ridiculous.

The reason that I blame the bowlers is that after lunch on the 3rd day we were over 100 in front and they had only 3 wickets left. It was not difficult to expect us to get a first innings lead of at least 50 and the mindset amongst our batsmen would have been totally different going into bat for the 2nd innings wanting to build on a lead. I would then have expected them to get at least 250 so a lead of 300+. That is where the game was lost.

As it happens I dont think 300 would have been enough as I cannot see who will get Smith out but we may have forced a draw.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
When was the last time we won at the GABBA, in fact when was the last time any touring team won at the GABBA.
Not many I would have thought, one swallow etc.

True, but you can tell which way the wind is blowing . They haven’t got it in them to turn this around. I hope I’m wrong but unless jimmy destroys the Aussies in Adelaide our goose is cooked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here