Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
So what. You've left (as you keep telling us) and you have taken control over your borders so why are you still pissing your pants over what Germany does?

It is interesting, the ongoing Brexiteer fascination with the EU despite in theory heading out. Whilst the EU economy booms the U.K. Goes backwards. From the BBC today

"The British Chambers of Commerce has issued a gloomy warning about the state of the UK economy.

The business group says next year will be the weakest since the 2008-09 recession.

"The UK economy as a whole is treading water, and there is no sign on the horizon of a return to healthier levels of growth," BCC Director General Adam Marshall says."

But regardless, many don't seem happy and think an independent UK will lead to nirvana. Won't happen.

Last edited:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Apologies for jumping on someone else's debate but I'm not sure the EU has much to do with this to be honest. In Britain life is tougher; trains don't work, healthcare is a constant conundrum which takes away from the business of helping people, you can't decide if state, free or academy is the best type of school, you can't find an NHS dentist for love nor money nor bad teeth, you have to pay ridiculous amounts of money to educate your kids and when they are educated there's **** all work for them beyond finance and the high street. This struggle is due to successive governments doing **** all. Like this other chap I wanted a much much easier life so i upped sticks as well. He's not being arrogant....why wouldn't people want to live where the sun shines and trains run on time? So let's rejoice this gent eating a nice meal by the water....why wouldn't you?

Sadly, when the likes of your good self have raised the drawbridge others won't be able to follow as easily.

Even for you, thats embarassing, I can only guess a past midnight post was fuelled by other things other than knowledge ........................

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even for you, thats embarassing, I can only guess a past midnight post was fuelled by other things other than knowledge ........................

Is that really the best you can do? Have a coffee and try again.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So what. You've left (as you keep telling us) and you have taken control over your borders so why are you still pissing your pants over what Germany does?

Strange innit. In fact it's strange any of them are even on here. If I had "won" something the last thing I'd want to be doing is spending time listening to the "losers" talking about it and arguing about it. I'd be well out of it, safe in the knowledge that we were headed in the right direction and all was well. Unless of course they are trying to convince themselves of something?.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Strange innit. In fact it's strange any of them are even on here. If I had "won" something the last thing I'd want to be doing is spending time listening to the "losers" talking about it and arguing about it. I'd be well out of it, safe in the knowledge that we were headed in the right direction and all was well. Unless of course they are trying to convince themselves of something?.....

Quite. Its very odd. And a little bit of envy on display when [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] mentioned enjoying a nice meal by the waterside. Think we're now starting to see the underlying bitterness emerging from some. A bitterness and envy which has maybe fuelled their Brexit decision?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Quite. Its very odd. And a little bit of envy on display when [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION] mentioned enjoying a nice meal by the waterside. Think we're now starting to see the underlying bitterness emerging from some. A bitterness and envy which has maybe fuelled their Brexit decision?

They are basically realising the lives they made weren't shitty because of the EU. We're heading out and their shortcomings are still there , they just have nobody to blame but themselves now.
The Brexiteers hanging on in this thread are all massive bedwetters who fly off the handle on any subject. This thread is the perfect outlet for their impotent rage.
This thread has it all for them.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Brilliant analysis from Mark Steel in the Independent:

The success of the Brexit negotiations show that we're finally getting our country back

They don’t know how it’s going to work or when it will start or who will be allowed here, but the leaked Brexit papers show at last they’re going to STOP THE IMMIGRANTS from doing all those jobs they do. So we can walk past a field in Hereford with tons of rotting apples no one has picked and be PROUD because we’ll be certain no Pole has been picking them off trees, so they can lie on the ground rotting like PROPER BRITISH apples full of BRITISH MAGGOTS because we’ve GOT OUR COUNTRY BACK.

And half the staff in London restaurants are from the EU, but now we can look forward to going out to eat, fetching an empty plate from the kitchen and enjoying an ENGLISH meal, that isn’t cooked or prepared and doesn’t consist of any food so we can look out of the window for an hour and then leave because we’ve got SOVEREIGNTY.

We can lie on hospital trolleys singing the National Anthem between screams, enjoying the freedom of knowing none of our taxes are going towards foreign nurses so we can stick a Union Jack in our open wound as it turns septic, shedding tears of happiness because we’re in charge of our affairs again.

This is the boost the low-paid have been waiting for, because poor wages are caused by immigration. For example, the nurses have gone several years without a rise, because of a pay cap imposed by Bulgarians. The Prime Minister tried her best to give them more money, but Bulgarians took her guinea pig hostage and threatened to squirt carpet cleaner in its eye unless she kept them poor, so what could she do?

The staff at McDonalds went on strike this week against dreadful pay, because Ronald McDonald is a Romanian – the tight-fisted foreign clown, coming over here and setting up burger chains that pay £7 an hour. Luckily, once we’re out of the EU, we’ll rely on investment from America, where I’m sure their burger chains treat staff with far more kindness.

The slogan the Government seems keen to adopt is British jobs for British workers. This may involve a bit of thought, as it’s hard to be sure what a British job is. Making pie and mash is a solid British job – though obviously not the bit involving pastry because that’s French.

Spitfire Pilot is a highly British job – except that one-fifth of them were Polish, and being Jacob Rees-Mogg sounds British but has a whiff of medieval Italian Pope.

But PROPER British jobs such as knight, chimney sweep, coming 26th in Eurovision and pissing in a foreign fountain will be reserved for BRITISH workers.

The new system will be fair, because foreigners will be entitled to stay here for two years before they’re replaced. This won’t put them off in any way, because all of us, when choosing where to move to, like to select somewhere that’s going to kick us out two years later.

After all, the first questions we ask an estate agent before deciding to relocate are “What are the schools like?”, “Are there nice parks nearby?” and “Do they have a rule that we’ll be kicked out after two years, because we don’t want to become institutionalised?”

This seems only fair, because the 300,000 British who live in Spain are all critical to the local economy. Many of them are top-quality, high-grade criminals. We don’t just send them any local burglar: they get our finest bank robbers, hit men and plotters of major heists, to provide skills the Spanish are often short of.

They also take many of our most talented and professional pensioners, who are so skilful they can live in a Spanish village for twenty years and still not have the slightest idea how to say “please” in anything but English.

So it’s encouraging that the negotiations are going so smoothly. David Davis warned us: “No one said Brexit will be easy,” and this is true, as no one did – except his negotiating colleague Liam Fox, who said a Brexit deal “should be the easiest in history”, but it would be unfair to interpret this as suggesting it might be easy.

In some ways the Conservatives are making it look easy, because they clearly haven’t got the slightest idea what they’re doing. It’s like if I was at a meeting of a Formula 1 team that were asking for ideas about how to improve an engine. I’d just sit there and look at diagrams, occasionally saying, “What’s this bit?” while read a copy of Viz.

This means some clauses are a slight surprise, such as the rule we have to pay £50bn to leave. Luckily we’re all prepared for this, as this bill was always mentioned throughout the referendum campaign, with complete honesty. Sometimes the exact figures were slightly off, so they came out as £350m every day would come TO us FROM the EU, which we could spend on the National Health Service, but that’s just a detail. Everyone accepted there would be lots of numbers and that’s the main thing.

Because now we can stand in a market and know our beetroot can be triangular without being confiscated by the EU, should we so desire – that’s got to be worth £50bn.

And to make it happen, we have the joy of the government having to introduce Henry VIII laws, so to get out of the outdated bureaucratic EU, we have to go forward into the sixteenth century.

By 1 December they’ll introduce an Ethelred the Unready law, allowing the government to burn down a village and hand our womenfolk to the Danes, because it’s all going brilliantly and makes us PROUD.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brilliant analysis from Mark Steel in the Independent:

The success of the Brexit negotiations show that we're finally getting our country back

They don’t know how it’s going to work or when it will start or who will be allowed here, but the leaked Brexit papers show at last they’re going to STOP THE IMMIGRANTS from doing all those jobs they do. So we can walk past a field in Hereford with tons of rotting apples no one has picked and be PROUD because we’ll be certain no Pole has been picking them off trees, so they can lie on the ground rotting like PROPER BRITISH apples full of BRITISH MAGGOTS because we’ve GOT OUR COUNTRY BACK.

And half the staff in London restaurants are from the EU, but now we can look forward to going out to eat, fetching an empty plate from the kitchen and enjoying an ENGLISH meal, that isn’t cooked or prepared and doesn’t consist of any food so we can look out of the window for an hour and then leave because we’ve got SOVEREIGNTY.

We can lie on hospital trolleys singing the National Anthem between screams, enjoying the freedom of knowing none of our taxes are going towards foreign nurses so we can stick a Union Jack in our open wound as it turns septic, shedding tears of happiness because we’re in charge of our affairs again.

This is the boost the low-paid have been waiting for, because poor wages are caused by immigration. For example, the nurses have gone several years without a rise, because of a pay cap imposed by Bulgarians. The Prime Minister tried her best to give them more money, but Bulgarians took her guinea pig hostage and threatened to squirt carpet cleaner in its eye unless she kept them poor, so what could she do?

The staff at McDonalds went on strike this week against dreadful pay, because Ronald McDonald is a Romanian – the tight-fisted foreign clown, coming over here and setting up burger chains that pay £7 an hour. Luckily, once we’re out of the EU, we’ll rely on investment from America, where I’m sure their burger chains treat staff with far more kindness.

The slogan the Government seems keen to adopt is British jobs for British workers. This may involve a bit of thought, as it’s hard to be sure what a British job is. Making pie and mash is a solid British job – though obviously not the bit involving pastry because that’s French.

Spitfire Pilot is a highly British job – except that one-fifth of them were Polish, and being Jacob Rees-Mogg sounds British but has a whiff of medieval Italian Pope.

But PROPER British jobs such as knight, chimney sweep, coming 26th in Eurovision and pissing in a foreign fountain will be reserved for BRITISH workers.

The new system will be fair, because foreigners will be entitled to stay here for two years before they’re replaced. This won’t put them off in any way, because all of us, when choosing where to move to, like to select somewhere that’s going to kick us out two years later.

After all, the first questions we ask an estate agent before deciding to relocate are “What are the schools like?”, “Are there nice parks nearby?” and “Do they have a rule that we’ll be kicked out after two years, because we don’t want to become institutionalised?”

This seems only fair, because the 300,000 British who live in Spain are all critical to the local economy. Many of them are top-quality, high-grade criminals. We don’t just send them any local burglar: they get our finest bank robbers, hit men and plotters of major heists, to provide skills the Spanish are often short of.

They also take many of our most talented and professional pensioners, who are so skilful they can live in a Spanish village for twenty years and still not have the slightest idea how to say “please” in anything but English.

So it’s encouraging that the negotiations are going so smoothly. David Davis warned us: “No one said Brexit will be easy,” and this is true, as no one did – except his negotiating colleague Liam Fox, who said a Brexit deal “should be the easiest in history”, but it would be unfair to interpret this as suggesting it might be easy.

In some ways the Conservatives are making it look easy, because they clearly haven’t got the slightest idea what they’re doing. It’s like if I was at a meeting of a Formula 1 team that were asking for ideas about how to improve an engine. I’d just sit there and look at diagrams, occasionally saying, “What’s this bit?” while read a copy of Viz.

This means some clauses are a slight surprise, such as the rule we have to pay £50bn to leave. Luckily we’re all prepared for this, as this bill was always mentioned throughout the referendum campaign, with complete honesty. Sometimes the exact figures were slightly off, so they came out as £350m every day would come TO us FROM the EU, which we could spend on the National Health Service, but that’s just a detail. Everyone accepted there would be lots of numbers and that’s the main thing.

Because now we can stand in a market and know our beetroot can be triangular without being confiscated by the EU, should we so desire – that’s got to be worth £50bn.

And to make it happen, we have the joy of the government having to introduce Henry VIII laws, so to get out of the outdated bureaucratic EU, we have to go forward into the sixteenth century.

By 1 December they’ll introduce an Ethelred the Unready law, allowing the government to burn down a village and hand our womenfolk to the Danes, because it’s all going brilliantly and makes us PROUD.

Perfect.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Before I give you the most aoccasionally nt post of the the day award, on a quite serious note what exactly was your 'genre' of hard work that rewarded you with 'sufficient funds' to retire at 50 and how did the EU uniquely offer you the environment in which to achieve this whilst at the same time delivering a struggling lifestyle to those oiks that supposedly were inexplicably unable to rejoice in your own success by voting Brexit.

Sorry for the late reply but a few glasses of wine after dinner and then a bit of a lie-in, I'm sure you know how it is.

Anyway, I've worked hard across a number of genres, primarily UK based although with some international business. Basically I've just done what anyone would do. Worked hard, made the most of opportunities that came along and had some luck. (And started at the bottom )

I just don't like seeing people who haven't had my luck or opportunities get taken in by privileged shitesters such as Nigel and Boris.

And many thanks for the award, I'll put it with my others :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
BigGully threatening to give Watford zero an award for the most arrogant post of the year is probably the funniest thing I've read on this thread.

Yes, that very same perma-tit, BigGully - unarguably the most arrogant buffoon on the board. You couldn't make it up. :lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

We haven't left yet (as 'you' keep telling us) not that our membership status has any bearing on the post I made. Unlike closed minded little Europeans, Brexiteers are generally full of empathy and outward looking so we take a keen interest in our neighbours affairs. Plus of course our countrymen's (and women's) innate sense of fair play and favouring the underdog means we must speak up when we see injustice and bullying.

The added bonus of a little bit of wee dribbling out of your undercrackers every time we mention Germany is purely coincidental.

Jan 30, 2008
I hate to do this but

As the result of a lot of hard work and taking opportunities when they arose
I am currently sat in a restaurant in a harbour overlooking the Mediterranean. I retired at 50 and have sufficient investments that although I'm paying 20% more for my meal tonight, it doesn't really make much difference.

That's the extent of my grizzling.

Meanwhile, there are people struggling to survive on their current income who were so naive (or stupid, I like to think naive) that they really thought Nigel and Boris would represent their interests and get them a better deal.

Wonder which group you're in?

"I'm richer than you" , ENOUGH SAID , YOU CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT ME:D
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
I am definitely British. And I won't stop "grizzling". Even after 29th March 2019 I will carry on campaigning for peace, understanding, togetherness, empathy, etc, etc. It will annoy the hell out of the xenophobic, isolationist, monolingual, monocultural Brexiteers, and the more it annoys them, the more I'll enjoy it! Fortunately the younger generation don't have the baggage of WW2 jingoism, the ill-judged superiority complex, and sense of entitlement that's rife in many of the older generation who voted to Leave. So - we might go through a painful decade or two learning that the world doesn't actually owe us a living - but sooner or later we will be back in the fold.
Deluded :tantrum:
regards
DR

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We haven't left yet (as 'you' keep telling us) not that our membership status has any bearing on the post I made. Unlike closed minded little Europeans, Brexiteers are generally full of empathy and outward looking so we take a keen interest in our neighbours affairs. Plus of course our countrymen's (and women's) innate sense of fair play and favouring the underdog means we must speak up when we see injustice and bullying.

The added bonus of a little bit of wee dribbling out of your undercrackers every time we mention Germany is purely coincidental.

"take a keen interest in our neighbours affairs"

From behind the suburban net curtains eh? You are little England.

:lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
IT'S QUITE CLEAR THE NEARER WE GET TO WAVING GOOD BYE TO THE EU THE MORE DESPERATE THE CLAMOUR TO REMAIN WILL GET ...................dry your eyes
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
BigGully threatening to give Watford zero an award for the most arrogant post of the year is probably the funniest thing I've read on this thread.

Yes, that very same perma-tit, BigGully - unarguably the most arrogant buffoon on the board. You couldn't make it up. :lolol:
you just have, LOOK IN THE MIRROR :thumbsup:
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
"I'm richer than you" , ENOUGH SAID , YOU CLEARLY HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT ME:D
regards
DR

You are right, I have no idea about you

And if I was to guess that you are an aging unfit closet racist who spends his whole time trying to re-live his teenage years through some rose tinted specs whilst fuming about how everyone else has done better than him and the state hasn't given what he deserved and was entitled to,

That would all be a guess too

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You are right, I have no idea about you

And if I was to guess that you are an aging unfit closet racist who spends his whole time trying to re-live his teenage years through some rose tinted specs whilst fuming about how everyone else has done better than him and the state hasn't given what he deserved and was entitled to,

That would all be a guess too

It's funny how you create these imagines in your head isn't it? I have this idea that [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] is the huge man full of waffle and hot air and verbose sentences found pontificating in the corner of his local saloon bar over a pint of Best. I could be completely wrong....of course :lolol:

(Please take this with humour)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It is interesting, the ongoing Brexiteer fascination with the EU despite in theory heading out. Whilst the EU economy booms the U.K. Goes backwards. From the BBC today

"The British Chambers of Commerce has issued a gloomy warning about the state of the UK economy.

The business group says next year will be the weakest since the 2008-09 recession.

"The UK economy as a whole is treading water, and there is no sign on the horizon of a return to healthier levels of growth," BCC Director General Adam Marshall says."

But regardless, many don't seem happy and think an independent UK will lead to nirvana. Won't happen.

From project fear forecasts of Recession and mass unemployment to this "This has led the British Chambers of Commerce to cut its growth forecast for 2018 and 2019 from 1.3 per cent to 1.2 per cent, and from 1.5 per cent to 1.4 per cent respectively." #slimpickings :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here