• No

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • Not arsed

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
I'm pretty "meh" about Yorkies at any time, but my kids would instigate a mutiny if they were missing from the Christmas dinner.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Roast Dinner = Yorkshire Pudding. How is there even a doubt?

Also have the inlaws coming this year and my father-in-law is from Leeds so probably wouldn't go down well without!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Roast Dinner = Yorkshire Pudding. How is there even a doubt?

Also have the inlaws coming this year and my father-in-law is from Leeds so probably wouldn't go down well without!

I'm pretty "meh" about Yorkies at any time, but my kids would instigate a mutiny if they were missing from the Christmas dinner.

I was until I started making my own! like to make them a bit herby and garlicky.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yorkshire pudding was traditionally served with beef because it contained the dripping from the joint. In the past, it wouldn't have been served with white meat, not because they do not complement each other, but because there was no dripping with which to make it. Unless you are eschewing the Aunt Bessies or the, now standard, eggs, milk and flour recipe, and making a traditional pudding with the dripping, there is no current reason to get so precious.

If you want to argue that its not acceptable to have Yorkshires with your turkey, you may want to consider that you shouldn't be eating turkey anyway. Its a new world arriviste that didn't become a British Christmas dinner option until Tudor times and didn't overtake goose as the staple until the nineteenth century.

Each to their own I say. I don't expect anyone else to adopt my Christmas traditions, although I would highly recommend my Yuletide breakfast of Coco Pops and sugar with double cream. It reeks of Saturnalian excess, a winter festival that precurses Jebus by some centuries.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are many recipes out for them but a foolproof way is equal quantities of eggs, milk and SR flour leave mix in fridge for 1 hour and then put in dishes of boiling fat/ dripping, never fails they always rise, sometimes too much, but it works for people that are dubious and buy them frozen.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There are many recipes out for them but a foolproof way is equal quantities of eggs, milk and SR flour leave mix in fridge for 1 hour and then put in dishes of boiling fat/ dripping, never fails they always rise, sometimes too much, but it works for people that are dubious and buy them frozen.

1 egg, 1 pint of milk and 1 bag of self-raising flour?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Very different to my recipes, and I find leaving in the fridge always makes them rise less. You want lots of air in there. I do 140g plain flour, 2 eggs and 200ml milk and whisk to a FRENZY.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Very different to my recipes, and I find leaving in the fridge always makes them rise less. You want lots of air in there. I do 140g plain flour, 2 eggs and 200ml milk and whisk to a FRENZY.

If that's anything close to 4oz and half a pint then that is pretty much what I would do too!

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
If that's anything close to 4oz and half a pint then that is pretty much what I would do too!

It's more like 5oz and a third of a pint.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mine have never failed either myself or my wife. I first saw it done by Brian Turner on the TV and it works a treat but will agree with beating it well or use a mixer.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Beef only - therefore definitely NOT for Christmas.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I'm all for it, but we'd never call it y*******e pudding, just pudding.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
definite yes from a yorkshireman. and yorkies with ice cream or treacle in them for desert.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I am of the opinion that any roast dinner is improved with a good yorkie. Xmas dinner is not excluded from this rule.

Are you mad? I'm firmly in the Yorkies for Beef only camp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here