A thread for people who were not fans of Prince or his music

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
Just LOOK at Dhani's face when he launches into that solo!

You know, that's the first time I've ever knowingly come across Prince's work. The man clearly had talent, I shall be exploring his work further.

should have let his fingers.do the talking PRICK!.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No more so than every other person who starts a thread on here. We're all equal in the attention-seeker stakes ... or then again, maybe we're not ... maybe we're just posting stuff which interests us, or irritates us, or makes us laugh. At least no-one can post cute dog or cat videos ... yet.

Most people wouldn't bother to start a thread which they know full-well will end up in an argument and insults being thrown though. As someone in another thread you attempted to derail with your trollling crap said "in these circumstances if you haven't got something nice to say, best not to say anything".

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I did not really like the mans music, but no need for a thread like this to be honest. The rumor mill in the States is he went the same way as his "muse" who died a few months ago.

R.I.P.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
OP: Idiot. Beyond words to start a thread like this. Someone has died. Someone with more talent, love and soul in his heart than the OP will ever possess. Idiot of the highest order.

I take it you knew Prince well then?

May 9, 2008
Stanmore, London
The worst thing about someone famous dying is that so many other famous people use it as an opportunity to get a little attention with their boring tweets.
When that person who died was alive those who write these tweets or give those interviews probably never gave that person 5 minutes.

Completely agree, but it's not just famous people guilty of this trait - seems like nearly everyone on Twitter & Facebook doing the same thing...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was never a Prince fan, tho was grateful to the Daily Mirror for including a free and exclusive copy of his at-the-time new album of a couple of years back for no real reason at all. Really must get round to listening to it sometime.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Completely agree, but it's not just famous people guilty of this trait - seems like nearly everyone on Twitter & Facebook doing the same thing...

Yep,everyone all of a sudden becomes a fan of someone when they die.Best thing you can do as a star to boost your popularity or sell records is to die.
It's a drastic step yes but it always works.

I just hope Shaky isn't next because after losing Elvis I couldn't cope with that.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I'm going to make a note of all the tweets/comments made by stars in tribute to another star who has died for the next 10 years then after that I'm going to for example expose Madonna as saying 'you were my number one inspiration' 50 times.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I Would Die 4 U
Nothing Compares 2 U
U Got the Look

Say what u like about Prince, but the little fella invented textspeak about 20 years b4 we were all texting. And 4 that we should all be gr8ful.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Was never a Prince fan, tho was grateful to the Daily Mirror for including a free and exclusive copy of his at-the-time new album of a couple of years back for no real reason at all. Really must get round to listening to it sometime.

Daily Mail.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Why should I get sad and upset for people I dont know?

Do you say this to charity collectors?

I think you may be the one in a sad world with imaginative fantasy celebrity friends they dont care about you.MOVE ON

Nothing to do with an imaginary friend or celebrity. All about the loss of a human who made the world a better place through his performance and art.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Why should I get sad and upset for people I dont know?

I think you may be the one in a sad world with imaginative fantasy celebrity friends they dont care about you.MOVE ON

How far do you take this? Do things like the Paris and Brussels terrorist attacks have no effect on you emotionally? Do you not care about the victims of these?

It doesn't matter that they don't care about us. Some people have played important parts in my life, and I feel sad when they are gone. They are not fantasy celebrity friends, they are people who have meant something to me.

I won't grieve like I did for my dad, but I won't shrug my shoulders and think 'who cares?' either.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Will there be two threads for when goldstone pops his clogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here