Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth Finances

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
We are indeed tinpot, we like it :)

We hilariously named the Brighton Beach End adter your beach, as originally the BBE was a bank of pebbles, not crumbling away.
It was 'St. Fairies', not 'Mary's'and it was a bit noddy.
Shit-puffins, very good, we like that.

Just to clear this bit up. It was most definitely marys. Bless. First 10 seconds of this video to jog your memory

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0q-njoDl7tE

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
Just to clear this bit up. It was most definitely marys. Bless. First 10 seconds of this video to jog your memory

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0q-njoDl7tE

Clucking Bell! You are correct. In my defence, I didn't join in with that singing (can't stand that song) and it's always been either the New Delhi or St Faeries/Fairies in my mind.

On the plus side, you may well play Burton next season and it's a good day out (especially if you like beer)

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Clucking Bell! You are correct. In my defence, I didn't join in with that singing (can't stand that song) and it's always been either the New Delhi or St Faeries/Fairies in my mind.

On the plus side, you may well play Burton next season and it's a good day out (especially if you like beer)

Haha I won't be playing burton, maybe Real Madrid at St fairies though ;)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But if it adds up to £100k overall a season its still £100k less than what we're shelling out at The Amex. Our transport subsidy is the equivalent of six players on £5k a week.
Still doesn't add up to the extra £5m we take on ticket sales, and that's before match day sales are accounted for.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I hope the six fingered Daaarset freaks go bust and slide back into oblivion where they belong. What would please me immensely though would be to see that plastic grinning smug faced tw4t Ken doll manager of theirs looking less smug as they blow auto promotion and bottle it in the play offs.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I had the pleasure of Eddie Howe's company a couple of weeks back for an.imterview... He is in control of all transfers, and absolutely refutes the idea that they overpay for wages...

I suspect that this control helps massively - he only gets in peoole he is willing to play - thus less risk of a Kemy situation.

As for the fees they are willing to pay - they have made quite a bit on transfers. Granted, they don't make as much on the gate, but their overheads are much much lower.

Suspect that place would fall apart with him not there, it almost did when he went to Burnley.

Jan 1, 2014
I hope the six fingered Daaarset freaks go bust and slide back into oblivion where they belong. What would please me immensely though would be to see that plastic grinning smug faced tw4t Ken doll manager of theirs looking less smug as they blow auto promotion and bottle it in the play offs.

You sound angry, did the dole officer give you an 8 am appointment?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Correct as always, [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION].

Bournemouth are a bunch of tin pot twats. I've always disliked them for a couple of reasons: 1) they "hilariously" named their away end "the Brighton beach end" because it was crumbling away and 2) South Today always gave more coverage to that noddy club over ours purely because they are that bit closer to Southampton. Even in the days when we were going for promotion to the top division and they were in division three, they'd give more airtime to these little SHIT-PUFFINS.

And as if you weren't sure how noddy they really are, when they got promoted to league one a few years ago at Burton, this is what their fans sang: "Que sera sera, wherever we'll be we'll be, we're going to St Mary's, que sera sera"

How fking NODDY is that?

I hope they end up in the play offs and end up back in league one where they belong in 18 months time.

Loving the term SHIT-PUFFIN

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I had the pleasure of Eddie Howe's company a couple of weeks back for an.imterview... He is in control of all transfers, and absolutely refutes the idea that they overpay for wages...

I suspect that this control helps massively - he only gets in peoole he is willing to play - thus less risk of a Kemy situation.

As for the fees they are willing to pay - they have made quite a bit on transfers. Granted, they don't make as much on the gate, but their overheads are much much lower.

Suspect that place would fall apart with him not there, it almost did when he went to Burnley.

This is how I view it. It seems to me that they have that very rare occurrence of a perfect fit between manager and club. He's also done the exact opposite of what Hyppia achieved here in that he's got a group of players to play as a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Personally I wouldn't mind them(or Brentford for that matter) making it to the premier league. If for no other reason than it would be one more slap in the face for Portsmouth. Its not enough that they are rotting in the bottom division, they've got to watch their biggest rivals outdoing anything they ever achieved in their so dearly paid for premier league years, they've also got us living it up along the coast in a belter of a stadium pushing(this ear excepted, obviously) for the premier league. To have Bournemouth serenely glide into the top Division too would be one more kick in the balls for them. The South Coasts never had it so good...apart from for Portsmouth. Super stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still doesn't add up to the extra £5m we take on ticket sales, and that's before match day sales are accounted for.
If IF NSC is to be believed we'll have handed just shy of £1m of that extra £10m to Kemy, over the course of his 2 year contract.

Because player contracts far outweigh every other income and expenditure (with the exception of an Ulloa type deal) it only takes a couple of wrong'uns and the club is up pooh creek.

We all know the Albion was haemorrhaging money at an unsustainable rate.
Yet we all hate the tough austerity measures (selling Leo buying CoG).

But until the middle ground can be reached, and the player recruitment funds itself, a la Bournemouth, I don't see what other option is available.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If IF NSC is to be believed we'll have handed just shy of £1m of that extra £10m to Kemy, over the course of his 2 year contract.

Because player contracts far outweigh every other income and expenditure (with the exception of an Ulloa type deal) it only takes a couple of wrong'uns and the club is up pooh creek.

We all know the Albion was haemorrhaging money at an unsustainable rate.
Yet we all hate the tough austerity measures (selling Leo buying CoG).

But until the middle ground can be reached, and the player recruitment funds itself, a la Bournemouth, I don't see what other option is available.

What if Bloom had hired Eddie Howe to be our manager this season with a similar squad ?
or if Hughton had been hired in the summer instead ? Or if Barnes hadn't hit the bar at Palace in May 2013 or if we'd held onto Lingard's lead at Derby in May 2014.
Or if Bloom hadn't hired Barber as CEO thus saving us £6m last year and next already...Fine margins. Doesn't necessarily tell you that Bournemouth's approach is the right one and Albion's isn't. What if Bournemouth don't go up ? What then ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What if Bloom had hired Eddie Howe to be our manager this season with a similar squad ?
or if Hughton had been hired in the summer instead ? Or if Barnes hadn't hit the bar at Palace in May 2013 or if we'd held onto Lingard's lead at Derby in May 2014.
Or if Bloom hadn't hired Barber as CEO thus saving us £6m last year and next already...Fine margins. Doesn't necessarily tell you that Bournemouth's approach is the right one and Albion's isn't. What if Bournemouth don't go up ? What then ?

This sounds as IF we need a TOON

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't see how the Bournemouth approach will end up in anything other than Pompey II
Although obviously there are no guarantees, either way.

The 'problem', as I see it, with Tony's approach is it requires PATIENCE.
The one commodity, as proven on this thread, football fans are in short supply off.

In the meantime it's just a massive juggling act of money, contracts, potential, and proven talent.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
From what they have said, Howe watches players. Hughton watches players.
Poyet, Garcia and Hyypia were all too busy and watched dvds or signed players who did well against us like Buckley.
Lets hope that we are also on the right track now.
Jealous of Bmouth and Brentford? Yes. But lets also admire them and learn from their player recruitment policies.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Very much this. I remember reading that some people on here couldn't stand EH. I'd have to say that he is one of the most impressive people I've met in football. luckily, I'd rate Hughton up there as well (Gus too....)

SeagullsEatChips

Jan 26, 2015
It saddens me to say this but it looks like we are not the best club on the south coasft anymore

Probably 3rd or 4th now

Bad times for us

Good luck Bournmouht

Love from Brighton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It saddens me to say this but it looks like we are not the best club on the south coasft anymore

Probably 3rd or 4th now

Bad times for us

Good luck Bournmouht

Love from Brighton

I'm not sure we've ever been the best on the South Coast have we? We are normally 3rd best, which is where we are now.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This is how I view it. It seems to me that they have that very rare occurrence of a perfect fit between manager and club. He's also done the exact opposite of what Hyppia achieved here in that he's got a group of players to play as a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Personally I wouldn't mind them(or Brentford for that matter) making it to the premier league. If for no other reason than it would be one more slap in the face for Portsmouth. Its not enough that they are rotting in the bottom division, they've got to watch their biggest rivals outdoing anything they ever achieved in their so dearly paid for premier league years, they've also got us living it up along the coast in a belter of a stadium pushing(this ear excepted, obviously) for the premier league. To have Bournemouth serenely glide into the top Division too would be one more kick in the balls for them. The South Coasts never had it so good...apart from for Portsmouth. Super stuff.

Very much this. Good luck to Bournemouth, they play great football,nice stadium that creates a good atmosphere, good manager all who are punching above their weight. But hey so would we be and we have no right to belittle their success. We sound so bitter......Instead let's imagine how our club would be in their Position, our atmosphere would be brilliant with 28 to 30k flocking to The Amex to watch exciting attacking football. Good luck Cherries and thanks for making the gap between yourselves and The Fritton park goons bigger than it has ever been!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here