Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fast show

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Taping it.

There was some top quality in that cast and it pisses me off to see 'no marks' on my TV instead of these comedy heroes of mine.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Is the bloke who has to explain life to his girlfriend/date [MENTION=13433]Kumquat[/MENTION] ?!?! :D

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I thought I was rather good tonight.
ffffffgggbhkhgg hhcvvcc chin jjghgvvgcvgg jjghgvvgcvgg Was bouncing around like a nun on a space hopper FFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIRRRRRRR sawdcvhhhh mjhgffgg then his genitals got caught in the zip of his sporran yfvgtggffffcf fcdszxddcc ha ha ha ha ha ha ggggcggggg had the texture of a ripe mango yfvgtggffffcf...........but I was very........very drunk :)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Despite it being very hit and miss, I would probably welcome it back with open arms. It's still better than 90% of the crap being made nowadays.

Yeah. It wasn't as good as it used to be but still far better than 97% of comedy nowadays

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Is the bloke who has to explain life to his girlfriend/date [MENTION=13433]Kumquat[/MENTION] ?!?! :D

No. Wasn't me. I'm even surer it wasn't my girlfriend. If she'd left the house I'd know about it, let alone found a job. I haven't watched said programme but I might, on your comments, add it to my collection of educational programmes that I show her.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I think I probably have a romanticised view of what it used to be like in its heyday. I only remember the good sketches, which stands to reason.

Therefore I found this rehash a bit of a disappointment but I don't know whether I'd get any greater enjoyment from the original series' now anyway.

Sketch shows are always hit and miss but the Fast Show gave the world so many hit characters that it's easy to overlook the weaker sketches.

Also it was one of those shows that just seemed so very of its time. Bringing it back now only sullies the memory. Times have moved on, even if the BBC's current output seems fairly weak by comparison. In fact if you take away their satirical stuff like Have I Got News For You there's a real lack of any good comedy coming out of the Corporation right now.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
. Times have moved on, even if the BBC's current output seems fairly weak by comparison. In fact if you take away their satirical stuff like Have I Got News For You there's a real lack of any good comedy coming out of the Corporation right now.

Whereas the other channels are wall-to-wall with comedy classics?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think I probably have a romanticised view of what it used to be like in its heyday. I only remember the good sketches, which stands to reason.

Therefore I found this rehash a bit of a disappointment but I don't know whether I'd get any greater enjoyment from the original series' now anyway.

Sketch shows are always hit and miss but the Fast Show gave the world so many hit characters that it's easy to overlook the weaker sketches.

Also it was one of those shows that just seemed so very of its time. Bringing it back now only sullies the memory. Times have moved on, even if the BBC's current output seems fairly weak by comparison. In fact if you take away their satirical stuff like Have I Got News For You there's a real lack of any good comedy coming out of the Corporation right now.

Good post, agreed. Watched the second 'new' FS last night, it was.....OK. Not a patch on some of the earlier stuff, but as always with the Fast Show there were some gems (Does my bum look big in this, Ted and Ralph and in particular Billy Bleach) but also a few misses (as always). Still better than the vast majority of the stuff that is on TV now though. The Harry and Paul '2s' programme at the weekend was fantastic though - shows what these two are capable of.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Jazz fella. Instead of taking a pull on his fag/joint, slaps a nicotine patch on his arm. Nice!

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I enjoyed it, anyway. If we're sticking up old clips, this absolutely captures the essence of 90s music for me.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It was good in parts. Used to love it back in the 90's. I thought Dave Angel was superb this time round but he was always my favourite. I found Munkfish: Out of work actor particularly relevant! A lot of these sketches are re-filmed from the Fosters online series that came out a couple of years ago so I had seen a few of them before. Simon Day was always my favourite and he does the best work on these 2 new ones I thought. Bit disappointing but good to see it back briefly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here