Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Syrian refugee attacked at Huddersfield school

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Um yep yes no one has ever had a vote to get rid of Johnny Foreigner . Not sure you understand English but no one has had a vote to do this. If there was a vote to get rid of foreigners what was the vote and when was it?

So you are delighted with May's deal then.

Excellent.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So you are delighted with May's deal then.

Excellent.

You clearly dont understand English, how you can confuse no one has ever had a vote to get rid of foreigners with the EU/UK withdrawal proposal is very special.
No need to be so spectacular when losing an argument

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You clearly dont understand English, how you can confuse no one has ever had a vote to get rid of foreigners with the EU/UK withdrawal proposal is very special.

Talking of clearly understanding English, it would be desirable to post a grammatically correct post, whilst spouting at others.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

You are clearly mistaken, but its OK it is the norm for you.

We have been told non stop that the vote to leave the EU meant xyz - but that is not the case now?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Talking of clearly understanding English, it would be desirable to post a grammatically correct post, whilst spouting at others.

Probably yes, but i will never take advice from a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx......hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
You are obviously ill informed as well, there has never been a vote to get rid of Johnny Foreigner.

5049.jpg

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
You come across as confused and ill informed .No one has ever had a vote to get rid of Johnny Foreigner, we have had a vote on the EU which obviously included controlling our borders of inward EU migration but this wasn’t a vote to deport and get rid of swathes of foreigners. This seems to be a common mistake held by a small minority of remainers who appear to be uneducated on the issue. I wonder when this stupidity will stop if it ever will.

I’m only relating what I hear. Working in the construction industry the vibe I get is that there is resentment from many about Eastern European’s taking “their” jobs. In truth the construction industry would have a massive problem if this workforce were no longer there as they are hard working, uncomplaining and good at what they do. Not easily replaced.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I’m only relating what I hear. Working in the construction industry the vibe I get is that there is resentment from many about Eastern European’s taking “their” jobs. In truth the construction industry would have a massive problem if this workforce were no longer there as they are hard working, uncomplaining and good at what they do. Not easily replaced.
I have worked in Construction for over 30 years now and have witnessed English Companies only employing East European labour as it is cheaper.
Also not putting them through for their blue cards so they don't have to pay them overtime rate at weekends.
Rates have been driven down because of practices like this sadly

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I have worked in Construction for over 30 years now and have witnessed English Companies only employing East European labour as it is cheaper.
Also not putting them through for their blue cards so they don't have to pay them overtime rate at weekends.
Rates have been driven down because of practices like this sadly

I suppose there are unscrupulous employers that will try to pay as little as possible, probably the agencies. We pay all our operatives on the same basis with overtime for nightwork and weekend working. In London you have to demonstrate equal pay / minimum levels of pay to companies like Multiplex, Mace, ISG, Lend Lease, Sir Robert McAlpine et al. However, on price work, generally, the Eastern European’s earn far more.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
I wonder if thousands of solicitors came what would happen? Bet our native solicitors would find a way to stop them? Wouldnt want there wages cut. Just thought from £200ph to national living wage...little Tarquin wouldnt be off on his public school skiing trip.
As for us construction workers we may be able to afford a brief as wouldnt be entitled to legal aid.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I suppose there are unscrupulous employers that will try to pay as little as possible, probably the agencies. We pay all our operatives on the same basis with overtime for nightwork and weekend working. In London you have to demonstrate equal pay / minimum levels of pay to companies like Multiplex, Mace, ISG, Lend Lease, Sir Robert McAlpine et al. However, on price work, generally, the Eastern European’s earn far more.
This isn't an Agency employing them it's a company based in the South of England mainly doing Student Accommodation.
Also seen them in Plymouth and Bristol and Manchester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here