Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which ex-England star(s) are jealous of the current England group's success?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Really????

I think he’s one of the most self- interested, narcissistic people out there. Everything he does is designed to bolster his image and profile.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was who Rooney was talking about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possibly. But self-interest and narcissism are not the same as jealousy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
roy keane never stooped so.low ?? are you on drugs ? he ended alf inge haalands career with a horror tackle you clown

No he didn't. Bit of a perpetual myth, that. Haaland actually finished playing that match, he wasn't even subbed off injured.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This team actually plays like a team unlike the talented individuals in the 'Golden Generation' that both suffered from unsuccessful national managers (e.g. Keegan, McClaren, Hodgsen), and who also allowed club parochial rivalries to affect the dynamics in the national set up.

Ferdinand, Gerrard and Lampard threw some light on the club v country issues in this from a year ago. One wonders with the benefit of hindsight what they could have done with this realisation that the national shirt should always be more seen as more important than the particular colour of the club shirt.

It's a marked contrast with what Southgate is trying to do with this young England side.

And, purely looking at the results, what he's doing is proving successful.

Fantastic interview, which explains why we haven't done better in the past. We'd often lose out narrowly, on penalties, and (as we know with our current team) the extra you get from a team that's #together could have been the difference between progressing and going home.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Fantastic interview, which explains why we haven't done better in the past. We'd often lose out narrowly, on penalties, and (as we know with our current team) the extra you get from a team that's #together could have been the difference between progressing and going home.

yeah and the bollox going on between him , gerrard , rooney and terry was the needle that burst the balloon of thousands of fans who spent their hard earned travelling to tournaments ......not a fan until becomes GS understudy and brings the world cup home .

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Jack Wilshere following his comments when southgate mugged him off. The most over hyped player of my life time. Absolutely useless player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here