Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton fans go mad for the Daily Mail..............

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I remember reading a polite request from Bozza not so long ago to not copy and paste a whole article onto NSC but just part of it and leave a link for the rest, for the obvious reasons.
Can i take it this request no longer exists?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There we go some of that leftie anger I so frequently see, it's only a newspaper TLO.

Oh, Mouldy-poos... if only you could post something where (a) you knew what you were on about and/or (b) it wasn't celebrating bigotry...

Anyway, it's great to see a Brighton player in what you feel is a homophobic paper.

... like this, for example.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The most recent contract, confirmed last week, was particularly significant after West Ham and Arsenal registered interest in the summer, while Leicester were ready to swoop had Maguire joined Manchester United.
:thumbsup:

:lol:
Move along. Lewis isn't stupid.

Sidenote: Stop ****ing arguing about nothing, everyone else.

D

Deleted member 2719

Oh, Mouldy-poos... if only you could post something where (a) you knew what you were on about and/or (b) it wasn't celebrating bigotry...

... like this, for example.

Let that anger out TLO, it's not good to bottle it up.

At the end of the day it's a printed paper, why do people get so wound up over a newspaper and some words they may not believe in.

You're so special.

Call me immature
Call me a poser
I'd love to spread manure in your bed of roses
Don't want to be rich
Don't want to be famous
But I'd really hate to have the same name as you

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Let that anger out TLO, it's not good to bottle it up.

At the end of the day it's a printed paper, why do people get so wound up over a newspaper and some words they may not believe in.

You're so special.

Call me immature
Call me a poser
I'd love to spread manure in your bed of roses
Don't want to be rich
Don't want to be famous
But I'd really hate to have the same name as you

Yeah you really told him Mouldy; it's like why did people get so wound-up about Mein Kampf? It's just a book and some words, when has that ever influenced people?

D

Deleted member 2719

Yeah you really told him Mouldy; it's like why did people get so wound-up about Mein Kampf? It's just a book and some words, when has that ever influenced people?

I make my own decisions in life, the day I start reading books and believing all they say is the day someone should put me down.

Never been a sheep and never quite understood the sheep mentality.

Each to there own.

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
Everything is political, to some degree or other, and those that suggest otherwise are pushing a political line, one seeking to uphold a status quo.

On the general point of the effectiveness of exposure to propoganda it must be the case that it does have an effect even if a marginal one, otherwise why else would advertisers spend billions? Denying this to yourself I suppose is a bit like the delusion that everyone is bettter than average at driving, or we don’t think Facebook advertising can have affected the way we voted etc. You don’t need to worry that you might be stupid to be aware you’re influenced by your informational environment but denial of this mind trick is how propagandists have played us for.... ever.

Personally I loathe the Daily Hate but realise since it probably pays its writers well it’s sport coverage might be better than some others. However one of the strengths and lovelinesses of NSC I like is the diversity of views on all things which, I imagine, helps me to be better informed, if at least what other people think.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There really only seems to be one poster on this thread who is 'worked up'.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Everything is political, to some degree or other, and those that suggest otherwise are pushing a political line, one seeking to uphold a status quo.

On the general point of the effectiveness of exposure to propoganda it must be the case that it does have an effect even if a marginal one, otherwise why else would advertisers spend billions? Denying this to yourself I suppose is a bit like the delusion that everyone is bettter than average at driving, or we don’t think Facebook advertising can have affected the way we voted etc. You don’t need to worry that you might be stupid to be aware you’re influenced by your informational environment but denial of this mind trick is how propagandists have played us for.... ever.

Personally I loathe the Daily Hate but realise since it probably pays its writers well it’s sport coverage might be better than some others. However one of the strengths and lovelinesses of NSC I like is the diversity of views on all things which, I imagine, helps me to be better informed, if at least what other people think.
Indeed, the only way to lessen these influences is to recognise and understand when they are happening.

Same with our biases.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here