Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A complete downgrade on accuweather now with 7 C all next week

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A complete downgrade on accuweather now with 7 C all next week

Remember Accuweather is a computer generated forecast based upon the GFS Op run. The Op run was not quite a warm outlier, but was the warmest of the warm cluster.

I'm not going to say it won't be like that, but there's still hope.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
C'mon Papa, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it, it's going to be a cooler for a couple of days then back to mild by the weekend!

#reversepsychology

Flex Your Head

Met Office:

UK Outlook for Wednesday 13 Jan 2016 to Friday 22 Jan 2016:

A cold spell is expected to be underway around the middle of next week which will most likely last into the weekend across much of the UK. The weather will tend to vary day to day, with some dry and sunny periods, but also wintry showers which will occasionally merge to give longer spells of rain, sleet and snow. Snow will fall to low levels at times in the north, but also perhaps in the south too. Temperatures will be below average with widespread overnight frosts as well as a risk of icy surfaces. As we go through the following week it seems most probable that less cold weather will return as Atlantic weather systems try to move across the country bringing strong winds and outbreaks of rain.

I put the bit in bold for US' benefit ;o)

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
C'mon Papa, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it, it's going to be a cooler for a couple of days then back to mild by the weekend!

#reversepsychology

I guess if we treated comments in the same was an a model ensemble, your view above and that of [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] are towards the mild end of the available view. Other view exist, which still may be correct.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
2015/2016 the Winter that never arrived. I think today may have been the first day this winter when the maximum temperature did not reach double digits, that is from 39 days. If you include November that is 69 days as it was double digits all that month also. We have had no nights when the minimum temperature reached 0 C, 2C has been the coldest so far. I did say several weeks ago that the set up would mean we would just have 3 months of Autumn. Sure it will be chillier next week but only 6-7 c by day and 0 c by night which in itself will be enough for Carol Kirkwood to be wetting herself declaring how bitterly cold it is. Let's put this to bed now. It has been a complete and utter washout

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
2015/2016 the Winter that never arrived. I think today may have been the first day this winter when the maximum temperature did not reach double digits, that is from 39 days. If you include November that is 69 days as it was double digits all that month also. We have had no nights when the minimum temperature reached 0 C, 2C has been the coldest so far. I did say several weeks ago that the set up would mean we would just have 3 months of Autumn. Sure it will be chillier next week but only 6-7 c by day and 0 c by night which in itself will be enough for Carol Kirkwood to be wetting herself declaring how bitterly cold it is. Let's put this to bed now. It has been a complete and utter washout

Last winter was awful as well. We'll see what January / February brings.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Netweather going for a couple of days around 5 c next week and back to 12 c by Sunday 17 January

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rather than start another incredulous thread I will post this here.

Warm? I live in Kent. I had Echiums in my garden. They normally die off in September. This year I have three that are still alive. In January. Not only that, they are still in flower. And a couple of days ago there were bees on the fowers. BEES. In JANUARY. I'll upload a piccy later if household chores permit.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Warm? I live in Kent. I had Echiums in my garden. They normally die off in September. This year I have three that are still alive. In January. Not only that, they are still in flower. And a couple of days ago there were bees on the fowers. BEES. In JANUARY. I'll upload a piccy later if household chores permit.
Our daffodils started to sprout in late December :ohmy:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Echiums. Love 'em.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Latest GFS is a mess.

graphe_ens3_zhc7.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here