Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Bank Holiday washout...

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I know And could have all been spared simply by looking at a weather app.

How so, when she has it on the same bank holiday Sunday every year and has done for ten years?

Oh yeah, it'll rain according to an app, so she'll cancel 60 people that have been invited and food bought, 4 stews cooked, cocktails made, cheeses from around the globe, beers bought.

The only parties you're ever invited to probably involve you buying loads of Tupperware.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The long weekend festival we were at was cancelled this morning due to the weather. 4.5 hour drive back home. Apparently they’re going to be “considering refunds”, so that’s good.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I got sunburnt in San Francisco today which is ridiculous given it’s by far and away the coolest day I’ve had for over two weeks.

Bloody weather.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just got back from a 3.5 hour trip down the Thames from Westminster to Hampton Court (pre-booked a couple of months ago) followed by a visit to the BBC food show at HC. Needless to say the river trip (lovely in the sun, not so lovely in the rain) had to be supplemented with copious amounts of alcohol in order to make it bearable and the food fair was a complete washout. As a result we went to Hampton Court itself and I have to say it was stunning...a real snapshot in time of Henry VIII, his life and everything associated with him, amazingly well preserved and each room is overseen by the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff I have ever encountered in a uk public building.

Went to the Christmas food fair there two years ago. Never have I been subject to such extreme attempts to part me from my cash. Complete rip off. You were probably lucky.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Great photo of the rain bouncing off the tarmac at Notting Hill

_103180816_gettyimages-1023860186-1.jpg

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
Hired a van for the day to clear a lot of rubbish from my son's garden. After 5 trips to the tip I was soaked to the skin.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just stick a lead on your JR and go for a walk in the rain as if it’s the most normal thing to do.

Take it somewhere where it’s a natural surface, it’s often the noise of rain on hard surfaces that young dogs are actually scared of.

I did take her out in it in the end and she pulled me round the block in double quick time. We got drenched but it’s a start..:thumbsup:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Helping on the gundog display at the Edenbridge show tomorrow so hoping the weather is kinder. Feel sorry for the guys up there today, we were helping a couple of years ago when it chucked it down on the bank holiday Monday and the only people at the show were those that had to be there for displays or stalls etc and everyone had to be towed out of the quagmire afterwards!

Do you work dogs?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just got back from a 3.5 hour trip down the Thames from Westminster to Hampton Court (pre-booked a couple of months ago) followed by a visit to the BBC food show at HC. Needless to say the river trip (lovely in the sun, not so lovely in the rain) had to be supplemented with copious amounts of alcohol in order to make it bearable and the food fair was a complete washout. As a result we went to Hampton Court itself and I have to say it was stunning...a real snapshot in time of Henry VIII, his life and everything associated with him, amazingly well preserved and each room is overseen by the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable staff I have ever encountered in a uk public building.

We've visited Hampton Court many times. A brilliant attrraction, two palaces for the price of one, with the Georgian half hiding behind the Tudor palace.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I lived a couple of streets away from HC for a few years. Evensong in the King’s Chapel is one of life’s awesome moments.

Being pedantic but surely only Sunday was a washout? Saturday was very pleasant were I was - indulging in steam train rides whilst other Pottings were elsewhere, and whilst Sunday was dull at least it stayed dry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
August bank holiday - wouldn’t happen in Germany

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Being pedantic but surely only Sunday was a washout? Saturday was very pleasant were I was - indulging in steam train rides whilst other Pottings were elsewhere, and whilst Sunday was dull at least it stayed dry.

It tipped down on Sunday. Absolutely hammered with wind and rain.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bank holiday Sunday all Day Music Festival in the Broadway Haywards Heath thank you all those who turned up in awful conditions.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watched the filth get enjoyably humped at Watford, then wandered down the pub with my paper for the Newcastle game. Ended up staying till about 10pm as the pub had a charity auction on. Bought a fake Rolex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here