Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just saw this and since the OP mentioned the Giro I thought it might be of interest of those of you who don't have Eurosport. It's available for £19.99 for 12 months:
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/eurosport-player-19-99-for-12-months-via-gift-subscription-2681376

I subscribed to this in January. Absolute bargain. I am spending quite a lot of my time in France at the moment, and it works over here too...and they have even more cycling than Eurosport UK.

If you don't have Eurosport, get a Chromecast, and subscribe!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Me and my luck again.

I had a nice new route planned for the weekend so decided to see if my LBS had tyres because I was warned that my rear was squared off, so was of limited lifespan. A complete fluke saw me fall arse over tit on the way. Straight down onto my old haematoma site and right hand equally. Bloke on a mobility scooter checked I was all right and offered me a lift. I smiled it off in proper agony. Swollen and bruised hand and up inside of wrist and hip is swollen and grazed. Not expecting to ride this weekend now. Oh well, at least I've got a new tyre.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Me and my luck again.

I had a nice new route planned for the weekend so decided to see if my LBS had tyres because I was warned that my rear was squared off, so was of limited lifespan. A complete fluke saw me fall arse over tit on the way. Straight down onto my old haematoma site and right hand equally. Bloke on a mobility scooter checked I was all right and offered me a lift. I smiled it off in proper agony. Swollen and bruised hand and up inside of wrist and hip is swollen and grazed. Not expecting to ride this weekend now. Oh well, at least I've got a new tyre.

You need to take it easy fella.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Me and my luck again.

Doh, that's not fair. I've been carrying a spare tyre on my commuter bike for a couple of months to ensure my squared off tyre doesn't puncture.

Now for an early night so I can give my Chinese Girl team a good teamtalk in the morning!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Me and my luck again.

Hope you're back in the saddle soon mate - at least you have the Giro to watch in the meantime!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
A rush of blood to the head has seen me add 3 complete wildcards to my Giro lineup, purely to add another contender.
GCN's Dan Lloyd better be right about 2 of them.... ;o)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A rush of blood to the head has seen me add 3 complete wildcards to my Giro lineup, purely to add another contender.
GCN's Dan Lloyd better be right about 2 of them.... ;o)

With that in mind...

...who wants to stake a claim for second from last?

Dan Lloyd FFS :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, as Stat clearly knows more than an ex pro ;o) I've had one last jiggle with the squad.
Much more balanced now, & a big improvement....

Thanks Stat! :eek:)

power-plays-mind-games-the-top-3-games-people-play-against-each-other-2-638.jpg

:lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey with the exception of 1.5km yesterday, so far this Giro is a race it's own mother would struggle to love.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At least today's peloton only has 148km to half pedal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank god for 50kph crosswinds and a team of Belgiumists.

Loving Bob being absolutely imperious, that was a hard earned 10 seconds.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Nah I stay off the A272 - inexplicably [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] trundles along that.

Alternatively

I didn't run [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] off the road, merely shouted abuse at him.
Well to be more precise, shouted abuse at his right knee - there ain't a court in the land that would convict me of that (certainly not after seeing the offending knee in action) :lolol:

I'd love to know what happened in the build up to that footage.
There's no way the cyclist would willingly take up such a suicidal road position.
I'd wager some tit for tat 'red mist' is involved.

As if by magic this pops up on Twitter:-

[tweet]819485232869113857[/tweet]

Although doesn't help the fella in the report as you can comfortably get 2 riders inside him.

Last edited:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Nah I stay off the A272 - inexplicably [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION] trundles along that.

Alternatively

I didn't run [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] off the road, merely shouted abuse at him.
Well to be more precise, shouted abuse at his right knee - there ain't a court in the land that would convict me of that (certainly not after seeing the offending knee in action) :lolol:

I'd love to know what happened in the build up to that footage.
There's no way the cyclist would willingly take up such a suicidal road position.
I'd wager some tit for tat 'red mist' is involved.

As if by magic this pops up on Twitter:-

[tweet]819485232869113857[/tweet]

Although doesn't help the fella in the report as you can comfortably get 2 riders inside him.

I love a good trundle. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here