Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth recruitment

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Regarding Wilson, I believe that our Warren was telling the club to go for him well before Bournemouth went in. Unfortunately, the guy in charge of player recruitment (who has since left the club) decided that he wasn't good enough.
I heard that we had a choice between Wilson and Chris O'Grady and that Chris was just that little bit cheaper.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Eddie Howe has a better eye for strikers who deliver than CH and our recruitment team, sadly. Luckily GM used to play for us and wanted to come back, likewise Zamora. Our record in signing Premier quality strikers, other than those coming to the end of their career who had been here before is pretty woeful, maybe Andone will come good, it’s not like he’s had a chance yet.

Ulloa, Baldock and Barnes are as close as we’ve come and only one is Premier League class.

Careful I think you might have set off an alarm in Chailey.

The club has gone through over 30 strikers in the AMEX era, and a case can be made that Leon (not the) Best, signed for a second time by CH, wasn't actually the worst.

Oh and to save time, the player Lingard has become is pretty meaningless when compared with the player he was.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Careful I think you might have set off an alarm in Chailey.

The club has gone through over 30 strikers in the AMEX era, and a case can be made that Leon (not the) Best, signed for a second time by CH, wasn't actually the worst.

Oh and to save time, the player Lingard has become is pretty meaningless when compared with the player he was.

.... and he's never been a striker.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I quite enjoyed this from the Argus today, are we going to go “touchy feely” ?

Andone’s arrival, plus the fact Everton were two goals up, led to a tactile change in the home ranks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here