Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Farage Watch 2018

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Pioneer was the word used.

Verb: to initiate or originate.

I think he misunderstood the word pioneer, not our involvement in slavery. Britain had a big hand in industrialising slavery.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have moments when I am proud to belong to these shores, but if you want to take pride in the History of this land, and there is plenty, you need to ignore things like the Irish Famine, the Bengal Famine, The Partition of India, Concentration and Labour camps in Africa.
I see both sides, and I can't see things like the Falklands conflict as a proud moment for Britain, because Thatcher left the door open for the Argentines to invade in the first place. Every death there was avoidable if Thatcher had maintained the Naval presence. Though I am proud of the job our forces did there.
I don't feel a need to take the shame of the horrors of our history, and I don't feel I should take pride in its Glory moments.

Please. You really don’t see both sides, you’re not fooling anyone. Except perhaps yourself.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ah, you seek a different world in that case. They do a nice unicorn steak in Utopia I hear. If you could be so good as to send us all directions, there’s a good chap :)

I think you just blew your chance to shut up.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm sorry but I'm not even going to address that. Dial down the vitriol please.

I’d hardly say it was especially caustic! How about dislike then? Overtly or disproportionally negative? Let’s face it. The tone and general bitternesstowards Britain in your comments on this thread would be cited or deemed, by many, as racist - if you were writing about another country, by that definition, which frankly I disagree with (so I don’t think you are racist). Which way do you want it? Sunny side up AND scrambled? That’s going to be tricky...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’d hardly say it was especially caustic! How about dislike then? Overtly or disproportionally negative? Let’s face it. The tone and general bitternesstowards Britain in your comments on this thread would be cited or deemed, by many, as racist - if you were writing about another country, by that definition, which frankly I disagree with (so I don’t think you are racist). Which way do you want it? Sunny side up AND scrambled? That’s going to be tricky...

Well I can only surmise you have misunderstood my standpoint. As my edit on that post points out I am thoroughly British and proud to be so however I don't feel the British way of life is under threat. What points I make do you deem to be negative, bitter or racist towards Britain?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well I can only surmise you have misunderstood my standpoint. As my edit on that post points out I am thoroughly British and proud to be so however I don't feel the British way of life is under threat. What points I make do you deem to be negative, bitter or racist towards Britain?

Undeniably, the British way of life (if that means Britain as was) has been changed beyond all recognition by mass immigration. Only an idiot would argue otherwise. Or they simply aren’t old enough to have noticed changes. Whether you see mass immigration negatively or positively varies by individual but it’s definitely caused problems, challenges, issues or whatever word you want to use. Not least because politicians never adequately plan, lie and (particularly in Britain) are generally terrified of being called racist to the point it stifled any sort of rational debate for decades and consequently was a significant cause of Brexit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Undeniably, the British way of life (if that means Britain as was) has been changed beyond all recognition by mass immigration. Only an idiot would argue otherwise. Or they simply aren’t old enough to have noticed changes. Whether you see mass immigration negatively or positively varies by individual but it’s definitely caused problems, challenges, issues or whatever word you want to use. Not least because politicians never adequately plan, lie and (particularly in Britain) are generally terrified of being called racist to the point it stifled any sort of rational debate for decades and consequently was a significant cause of Brexit.

Immigration is the British way of life and has been for centuries. "Mass immigration" is a matter of scale, population and conurbation size. It's always caused problems. It's always bought benefits, it's always been British. If you want to go and watch cricket on the green, see a doctor, get free healthcare, buy a house, read Hare & Hound magazine, eat fish and chips, go to the theatre, walk in the countryside, drink a pint of Thurster's Badger Wax by a riverbank, shoot pheasants, then you are welcome to do so. You can also get Halal meat and order a curry.
Yes, some of Britain has changed beyond all recognition. In one's lifetime. View a long enough timeline and you realise it has been changing beyond recognition since time imemorium.
300 years ago 80% of us lived in rural areas. That's changed beyond recognition. 100 years ago the dockyards were teeming with activity. That's changed beyond recognition. Things change. they always have. Just because successive governments haven't been able to adapt and plan for this change doesn't mean it hasn't been happening for centuries.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Please. You really don’t see both sides, you’re not fooling anyone. Except perhaps yourself.

I think people who are happy to declare their pride in a country that has our history are perhaps more guilty of a one sided view. I am neither proud nor ashamed in general, there are moments, like legalising same sex marriages that make me feel proud, and moments like revoking the passport of a six year old boy and stranding him in Belgium, when I am ashamed. I don't own either of these things though and played no part in bringing about either situation about, so I don't hold onto either feeling for too long.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Immigration is the British way of life and has been for centuries. "Mass immigration" is a matter of scale, population and conurbation size. It's always caused problems. It's always bought benefits, it's always been British. If you want to go and watch cricket on the green, see a doctor, get free healthcare, buy a house, read Hare & Hound magazine, eat fish and chips, go to the theatre, walk in the countryside, drink a pint of Thurster's Badger Wax by a riverbank, shoot pheasants, then you are welcome to do so. You can also get Halal meat and order a curry.
Yes, some of Britain has changed beyond all recognition. In one's lifetime. View a long enough timeline and you realise it has been changing beyond recognition since time imemorium.
300 years ago 80% of us lived in rural areas. That's changed beyond recognition. 100 years ago the dockyards were teeming with activity. That's changed beyond recognition. Things change. they always have. Just because successive governments haven't been able to adapt and plan for this change doesn't mean it hasn't been happening for centuries.

I know all that, the keyword is ‘mass’ though isn’t it? For example, in the past, mass didn’t constitute millions over such a short time frame; nor did we have as developed public services to impact upon; nor as big an existing population; etc etc

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Here he is in all his glory, spruiking his bile.

Capture 36.PNG

Capture 37.PNG

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Credit here goes to Henrey Bradley on Quora, sums it up pretty well and saves me having to write a long post:

Important cities founded or built by the British across the world include New York, Boston, Sydney, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vancouver to list a few.

Maritime laws, governing all ships at sea regardless of nationality were laid out by the British 200 years ago.

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) also known as Coordinated Universal Time, is still the world’s time standard, meaning all clocks are still set by British time.

British legal system (common law with trial by jury) is used by around 25% of the world.

Over half the world’s nations use the British democratic system (parliamentary democracy)

Sports invented and codified in Britain include Association Football (most popular sport), Cricket (worlds 2nd most popular), Rugby, Golf, Badminton, Rounders/baseball, Snooker, Tennis etc.

The Japanese department of Trade and Industry (MITI) launched a massive project to list every item currently used by humans. When the project finished they discovered that 54% of all things used by mankind today across the entire world, were invented or designed by the British, the rest of the world combined made up the other 46% (Japan's share - 5%)

I will close with the contributions of Edward Jenner the pioneer of smallpox vaccine, the world's first vaccine. His work is said to have "saved more lives than the work of any other human” and Alexander Fleming’s for his discovery of the world's first antibiotic Penicillin.

Imagine a world without Britain's ridiculous contribution to Music, Art, Science, Acting, Literature or Medicine. Let alone the Industrial revolution, English language or often forgotten abolition of slavery, which finally ended 3000+ years of human cruelty at its worst.

https://www.quora.com/In-what-way-has-Britain-contributed-to-the-world

Great stuff

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Here he is in all his glory, spruiking his bile.

View attachment 100358

View attachment 100359

Nigel must love threads like this about him which probably appear all over the interweb.
Keeps him in the public eye, shows up the loonyness from some of his stranger swivel eyed detractors thus validating his claims, a one stop shop for promoting him via youtube videos and also advertising his tours and tickets.
All in all 10/10, The Farage Fan Club couldn’t do better

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And you have every right to report it. If the Mods see fit to change it or ask me to do so, I will abide by that. Of course, you could have quite easily reported it without posting about it but then I suppose that wouldn't have fitted in with your agenda to derail a thread you just happen not to like.

As regards the actual Avatar it's the visual equivalent of saying "Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke". Sorry you have been offended by it, not everybody finds the same things amusing and I appreciate that. An indication of the snowflake generation I suppose.

But I digress, this is a thread to discuss the bleak existence of Nigel Farage, not what you are currently getting upset about.

Still a hypocrite I see Nibble. You seem to have forgotten that you did exactly the same in the Brexit thread when you reported PPF.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
There will be scenes in Melbourne no doubt.

The scruffy dole bludging shitlord lefties will be out countered by the bogan right wing dickheads all the while some Sudanese gang is out there doing someone over but we're told not to talk about that openly.

Luckily the Police just got given some new anti-****wit equipment to shoot them all with.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Has immigration really been the British Way of life for centuries?

It would be helpful if you could amplify on this assertion?

The last census confirmed that London was 45% white British, and other cities like Leicester are either ethnically plural (like Leicester) or on the cusp.

Are you honestly stating that this dynamic has been the case in British cities for hundreds of years?

For context, my view is that GB for centuries has been statistically a country of emigration, and up until the last 60-70 years that would be the overwhelming nature of how this country has operated.

I look forward to being enlightened.........

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
In the situation, she did a noble thing, it would not further her Political career, it would cause her problems, perhaps due in some part of the guilt that still exists in Germans for the holocaust, she took the action to save lives. I will defend her policy, I only wish we and others had taken on more of that burden.

Was it not so much guilt as more the fact that she grew up in East Germany and all that went with a communist state . So putting up a wall or allowing restricted movement is not on her agenda .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Has immigration really been the British Way of life for centuries?

It would be helpful if you could amplify on this assertion?

The last census confirmed that London was 45% white British, and other cities like Leicester are either ethnically plural (like Leicester) or on the cusp.

Are you honestly stating that this dynamic has been the case in British cities for hundreds of years?

For context, my view is that GB for centuries has been statistically a country of emigration, and up until the last 60-70 years that would be the overwhelming nature of how this country has operated.

I look forward to being enlightened.........

It’s a fascinating subject as well as a hugely expansive one. Certainly difficult to cover in a post. Better I link a few book titles and some statistics. That will have to wait til later as I’m off to bed now but I’ll certainly send some stuff your way. It’s an eye opening topic from the traders in the Bronze Age , the Vikings, our French cousins the Irish, Chinese, Indians, Persians, Jewish and many other migrants we have a rich and long history of immigration and invasion that literally stretches back over 5000 years. But yes, the 45% figure is a first in modern history.
Rest assured I’ll reply properly later.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here