Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I still find it utterly bizarre how so many people can make assumptions about this deal and the guy's character based on absolutely no knowledge of the negotiations and what is actually happening.

Bizarre maybe, but there is a degree of inevitability about it to. For me, the will-he-won't-he saga (plus a less than inspiring World Cup) has gone on so long that I find I really don't care if he goes somewhere else. The next Jonathan Calleri - and what a relief that was when it was finally all over!

Conversely, if he does come here, I'll change my tune quite rapidly and welcome him and will him to be successful, just as I do for any Brighton player (although I'll probably keep the 'We paid too much for him' thought in the back of my mind for a while!) And of course, if he comes here and does really well he will join the ranks of my Albion heroes - but right now, based on no knowledge at all, I'm at best a bit meh about him.

Someone else mentioned the idea of adding a clause in his contract not to make a tit of himself on social media. I'd go one further - a clause specifying no social media at all. Surely 20-30-40 quid a week should be adequate compensation for giving up on social media until after he retires from football?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bizarre maybe, but there is a degree of inevitability about it to. For me, the will-he-won't-he saga (plus a less than inspiring World Cup) has gone on so long that I find I really don't care if he goes somewhere else.

I wonder if I'm alone here but I thought he looked a very neat little player at the WC.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
FWIW, one source says he was in London overnight. Another source says he was in Ashford.

MOTWYW...

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I was confident about this one and think it would be a great signing. However now it’s taking too long. I think there must be a hitch. I just hope it’s not a counter offer from Leicester but it looks worrying.

Saying that I will (hopefully) now have my usual effect and it will be announced at 12!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
32 minutes until all is revealed then?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd want more than 'neat little' for 20M euros!

As I said, I'm quite open to changing my mind if he comes to us and does well.

I’m very much on the fence, primarily because I just don’t rate Dutch football, and I actually thought he was ordinary in the World Cup. (There really wasn’t any Vicente syndrome he blended quite well into a mediocre team - IMO).

2-3 games isn’t much to judge though.
[MENTION=24827]Justice[/MENTION] has seen a lot more Dutch football and seems to be sensible (normally [emoji6]), and thinks he’ll do well - so hopefully correct...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
ive seen enough in the 9 min youtube clip to know he's decent, ignoring the price as they are just stupid all round
He can clearly see a pass, and can finish.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Okay what’s the latest? Haven’t viewed this thread for half a day and now it’s moved on by 60 pages!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here