Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Guys as an Iranian-American I'm overjoyed that Jahanbakhsh will be signing with Brighton soon (as it seems). I'm also joining this forum from persianfootball.com, and wanted to share my excitement with you guys and say I will be watching every single Brighton match this season and whole heatedly supporting Brighton and our man Jahanbaksh. Additionally there was a lot of chatter in the Iranian community that Jahanbakhsh should be signing with a team that finished in the top half of the table such as Leicester for example, but I couldn't disagree more. I think Brighton will be a great fit for Alireza for a number of reasons. For one Hughton has been keen on him since 2015 meaning he really trusts his abilities and will give him ample playing time as long as he continues to perform the way he has been, and secondly Brighton have been on a remarkable upward trajectory since Hughton took over the managerial position which makes for a stable environment since the club trusts him and won't be looking to sack him because of a string of poor results (god forbid), and thirdly I think Brighton performed remarkably well last season after coming back to the top flight as they conceded fewer goals then most other teams, so I think Jahanbakhsh coming in to bolster the offense with some of the other good signings that Hughton has made so far will set us for an exciting upcoming season!

Good post. I don't think Leicester are guaranteed to be top half next season, think they might have a hangover from losing Mahrez.

Hughton likes to play with 2 wingers and sets the team up to get the ball wide early, having seen him in the world cup I think we're a good fit for Ali.

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Guys as an Iranian-American I'm overjoyed that Jahanbakhsh will be signing with Brighton soon (as it seems). I'm also joining this forum from persianfootball.com, and wanted to share my excitement with you guys and say I will be watching every single Brighton match this season and whole heatedly supporting Brighton and our man Jahanbaksh. Additionally there was a lot of chatter in the Iranian community that Jahanbakhsh should be signing with a team that finished in the top half of the table such as Leicester for example, but I couldn't disagree more. I think Brighton will be a great fit for Alireza for a number of reasons. For one Hughton has been keen on him since 2015 meaning he really trusts his abilities and will give him ample playing time as long as he continues to perform the way he has been, and secondly Brighton have been on a remarkable upward trajectory since Hughton took over the managerial position which makes for a stable environment since the club trusts him and won't be looking to sack him because of a string of poor results (god forbid), and thirdly I think Brighton performed remarkably well last season after coming back to the top flight as they conceded fewer goals then most other teams, so I think Jahanbakhsh coming in to bolster the offense with some of the other good signings that Hughton has made so far will set us for an exciting upcoming season!

Great to see you here and it seems that we are getting a lot of new fans around the world with the signing of Percy Tau and now Jahanbakhsh - kind of cool really :albion2:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

I'm an Atheist but Juan is correct. Far more religious communities live side-by-side / integrated in peace than do in conflict, always have done. You rarely meet a religious person of any faith that doesn't get on with a variety of people from other faiths and non-faiths, outside of the extremist nutters.

larus

Excuse me! I think you deserve a ban. This is definitely not the place for articulate and logical posts.:wink:

Welcome to the forum. As you can see there’s a lot of hope/expectation around him, and yes, we also think we’re a better choice of club than Leicester for the reasons you say.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
In the case of religion it's generally extremists who cause the trouble.

Indeed, the extremists get all the press, even though time and time again these 'extremists' are found not to actually know much about the faith they claim to represent. But in my opinion, it is mostly down to the politicians who use any differences between people as leverage in any way they can. Your average person of faith gets on well with people of all faiths. I've had great times with Jews, Hindus and Muslims over the last few years, no enmity at all.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I'm an Atheist but Juan is correct. Far more religious communities live side-by-side / integrated in peace than do in conflict, always have done. You rarely meet a religious person of any faith that doesn't get on with a variety of people from other faiths and non-faiths, outside of the extremist nutters.

Vaguely getting the talk back on topic, if you look up the town that Alireza Jahanbakhsh was born in, it says the residents are Tats. Look up Tats and you'll find "Tats of Iran are mainly Zoroastrian, Jewish and Muslim". Fancy that, all living peacefully together.

larus

Indeed, the extremists get all the press, even though time and time again these 'extremists' are found not to actually know much about the faith they claim to represent. But in my opinion, it is mostly down to the politicians who use any differences between people as leverage in any way they can. Your average person of faith gets on well with people of all faiths. I've had great times with Jews, Hindus and Muslims over the last few years, no enmity at all.

Exactly; wars aren’t started by ‘people’. They are started by leaders, either political or religious.

Most peoples get on to a certain extent. There’s always people we don’t like in life, but very few would want to kill. It’s just the odd few who are a bit deranged.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Welcome.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Vaguely getting the talk back on topic, if you look up the town that Alireza Jahanbakhsh was born in, it says the residents are Tats. Look up Tats and you'll find "Tats of Iran are mainly Zoroastrian, Jewish and Muslim". Fancy that, all living peacefully together.

We are clearly not signing any old tat.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Used to know lots of Iranians in Brighton and Hove in the 70s and 80s, in fact the graffiti on the sound of the building I lived in Waterloo Street was Iranian. We used to play football with a lot of them on the lawns, then the war with Iraq came, and they left, never seen any of them again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

My Iranian friend is a Christian, and came over to the UK after 1979.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

A good example of that at the Albion I think, Tomer Hemed and Beram Kayal, both Israeli, but one a practising Jew and the other following Islam. The greatest of mates too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A good example of that at the Albion I think, Tomer Hemed and Beram Kayal, both Israeli, but one a practising Jew and the other following Islam. The greatest of mates too.

Many left wingers despise Israel, but it's the one country in the Middle East where Christian, Jew and Muslim can live side by side.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Here from Persianfootball forums. Once you guys sign AJ you'll have a huge support from Iranian crowd.

Guys as an Iranian-American I'm overjoyed that Jahanbakhsh will be signing with Brighton soon (as it seems). I'm also joining this forum from persianfootball.com, and wanted to share my excitement with you guys and say I will be watching every single Brighton match this season and whole heatedly supporting Brighton and our man Jahanbaksh.

Great to see you here and it seems that we are getting a lot of new fans around the world
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will be drinking champagne out of his shoe tonight...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here