Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Super Egos team is presently Deletebeepbeepbeep, Big Nuts, Complete Badger and Mr Banana
Then we have 6 runners Left Back, Simgull, Penny's Harmonica, Knocky, big nuts cousin, Eamon the ringer

I'll go to Hove Parkrun Saturday and look for [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION] Elton's brother

We are then 1 runner short. Have I missed anyone? Any volunteers? Any suggestions?

Sir Knock - I have three excellent runners I may be able to recruit. Any use?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:lolol: :lolol:

How's the injury coming along mate? Hope you're going to be back soon.

Cheers......well, saw physio on Monday who found a ‘large slippery knot’ in my gluteus minimus (literally a pain in the arse).......what followed was one of the most painful 30 mins of my life as she ‘isolated’ it and tried to squash it.

This *might* have been at least contributing to the problem (muscle knot = everything nearby stops functioning properly = muscles trap sciatic nerve = running hurts). Ran Tues and Weds on treadmill a bit, and 5m on the road today (v slow and wheezy, lost a load of fitness) but it’s got better every day. Myofascial gluteal pain/syndrome is the technical term I think.

Seeing the evil bitch again tomorrow [emoji15][emoji15][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

On the plus side, after 3 months off I now have 8.5 toenails and none are black.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Cheers......well, saw physio on Monday who found a ‘large slippery knot’ in my gluteus minimus (literally a pain in the arse).......what followed was one of the most painful 30 mins of my life as she ‘isolated’ it and tried to squash it.

This *might* have been at least contributing to the problem (muscle knot = everything nearby stops functioning properly = muscles trap sciatic nerve = running hurts). Ran Tues and Weds on treadmill a bit, and 5m on the road today (v slow and wheezy, lost a load of fitness) but it’s got better every day. Myofascial gluteal pain/syndrome is the technical term I think.

Seeing the evil bitch again tomorrow [emoji15][emoji15][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

On the plus side, after 3 months off I now have 8.5 toenails and none are black.

Oh my word. good luck with THAT. :lol:

I always though not being able to run was a pain in the a***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am plodding along having lost quite a lot of mojo post Worthing but fully intend on a 12 miler this weekend to kick off Bright10 training. I will need the full 4 months to get to fighting weight I reckon. I now, sadly, cannot make the "Pair of Badgers Invitational" parkrun on 23rd as I am told we are going to Legoland that day since "the bloody football is on again on Sunday" :lol:

I will get another parkrun or two in during July I reckon.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
[MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] I have an extra runner to add to the Weakest Link squad. He’s just joined our running club and is a ST holder so perfect! Not on NSC though, he has a Spanish name so I guess we will inevitably call Spanish Dave for now.
Please add him to the list.

Spanish Dave is in.

Sir Knock - I have three excellent runners I may be able to recruit. Any use?

Can we see where we stand Sunday? May need one, two or all of them.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Do you need my cousin? Another Albion season ticket holder. Is around the 20 minute mark for 5k's.

Yes. He'll be guaranteed a place. I seem to be losing control. Best thing is for everyone to confirm on Sunday and we will hope the total is divisible by 4.

Hove Prom for me tomorrow. I'm no longer equidistant from the Park and the Prom.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
An absolutely rammed 100th birthday Worthing parkrun of around 670 today. Two special guests: Dame Kelly Holmes, who was really nice and is 'built' as they say; and a very nasty westerly wind which was less welcome. So a bog standard 21:33 for me. Loads of Arena 80 runners today including one who toped the AG with a 90%+.

The standard was thus rather frightening - 2nd AG last week in Bognor with a slower time; 27th today. But maybe the Worthing event pulled some of the speed-merchants away from the Brighton events?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I had a really disappointing run this morning. I woke up at 8:35, which is nothing new but is disappointing because I had basically promised to go to Worthing for their 100th. The person I promised probably didn't mind too much, she's since posted a few pictures of her running alongside Dame Kelly - but it's disappointing. I'm not sure whether it was the weather or if I'm just not 100% today, I finished my second job last night at 11:30 and it's quite active and alert so I didn't really switch off until about 1am, which is never going to help preparations but even so. I started from the back of the field and never felt settled. I ran consistent splits, but I wasn't able to get up any real speed and I couldn't compete in the final run in. Usually I'd have caught the two ladies in front of me but I couldn't find another gear and it's just generally disappointing. I'd have loved the Weakest Link this week to get this out of my system but I'll just have to hope I'll enjoy the mystery gig I'm off to instead.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Super Egos team is presently Deletebeepbeepbeep, Big Nuts, Complete Badger and Mr Banana
Then we have 6 runners Left Back, Simgull, Penny's Harmonica, Knocky, big nuts cousin, Eamon the ringer

I'll go to Hove Parkrun Saturday and look for [MENTION=3975]ben[/MENTION] Elton's brother

We are then 1 runner short. Have I missed anyone? Any volunteers? Any suggestions?

Anyone above not running now is the time to say. We can add Spanish Dave, Eamon the ringer is happy to not run if need be to help the teams divide by 4. Need an update from Elton's Bro. Need to notify [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] if we need his 3 runners.

6pm Wednesday Volks Railway station near Marina. Commit now to guarantee a place in a team.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Very hungover 24:12 at Tooting Common Parkrun for me - one of those ones when your head hurts every time your foot hits the floor - never again!
Flat course with three fairly uninspiring triangular laps of the common. Over 600 runners, I came 180th but 5th in my age category - they must be young lot there.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
East Grinstead parkrun this morning more like a cross country than a parkrun - recommend it if you fancy something different but slowed me down by the best part of 3 mins!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I think I'd prefer it in a bog (albeit a slow bog) - spent half the run this morning trying not to roll an ankle on the rock hard uneven mud!

Absolutely amazing to see a parkrun need and get about 30 volunteers when they only get about a hundred runners!

I'm a tarmac man myself. But the 450 or so British parkrun courses have something for everyone. And there's even a fair amount of variety around Sussex, East and West.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I'm a tarmac man myself. But the 450 or so British parkrun courses have something for everyone. And there's even a fair amount of variety around Sussex, East and West.
Agreed on all counts. Think the Sussex parkruns are a bloody good mix from what I've seen (admittedly I say that having not done Chi, Bognor, Horsham or Bevendean)

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Anyone above not running now is the time to say. We can add Spanish Dave, Eamon the ringer is happy to not run if need be to help the teams divide by 4. Need an update from Elton's Bro. Need to notify [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] if we need his 3 runners.

6pm Wednesday Volks Railway station near Marina. Commit now to guarantee a place in a team.

23.40 for me yesterday. No ill effects from that or this mornings battle with the breeze.

The weakest link - I almost certainly will be, but I'm IN

See you there...

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Agreed on all counts. Think the Sussex parkruns are a bloody good mix from what I've seen (admittedly I say that having not done Chi, Bognor, Horsham or Bevendean)

Chi is basically laps around a field with some nice views; Bevendean is a tough as you'll get around these parts; Horsham is laps around a woody field: Bognor is Hotham park x 3.5 times. We await Lancing...…………………….

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Ran the first Loseley Breakfast Run today, which is the same course as the Hogs Back Road Race.

Ran it 4 seconds quicker than my only Hogs Back Road Race effort which was enough to place 6th, 5th male and 4th in category - which I guess means it was mostly old gits running!

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Chi is basically laps around a field with some nice views; Bevendean is a tough as you'll get around these parts; Horsham is laps around a woody field: Bognor is Hotham park x 3.5 times. We await Lancing...…………………….
Any news on Lancing, they've been talking about that for about a year now.

As long as there are the volunteers to do it then more parkruns in Sussex is a good thing, i see there were 600+ at Worthing yesterday and places like Hove Park and Preston Park are so busy that you wonder how big the events can get. I see they are also opening one at East Brighton, could be interesting

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here