Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cheers, GB.

I ran Bright10 the week after IOW, and it was fine – plus I feel a lot better than I did on Monday/Tuesday – so I'm hopeful that it's won't be too much of a ballache. Bit of a shame I faded so badly on Sunday which has knocked the confidence a bit, but I'm sure it'll be alright on the day...

Don't dwell on it - we all get days where it simply doesn't work, no reason for it. You'll be fine.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Enjoy the London Marathon in the morning all NSC entrants.
I'll be waving the flag for you all in Hove before watching my neice in the u-13 Cup Final Mile Oak Wanderers v Crawley.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Tucked up in my hotel room in Bexleyheath. Looking forward to the morning - had a peak at the start this evening, makes Preston Park look like my back garden. Met one other BHA fan at the expo (Hi if you read this). Good to see the win this afternoon (thanks again [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]) to take my mind off it all.

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Best of luck to [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] [MENTION=30744]Pembury[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION]

Hoping all 3 of you produce the goods and do yourselves proud.

Just managed to down load my Brighton Marathon run. Final 10k as always prevented me going sub 3:15

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1138986892

Thanks big nuts. Good luck everyone running tomorrow.. Just watching the goals again then must get some sleep!

Great splits by the way.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Parkrun yesterday was heavy going. Lead boots. No recovery run or stretching all week the cause of that. Managed to finish last 1/4 mile at and just below 6" mile pace.
Off with the Beagle to play around on the Downs ready for next week.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
3:44:26 great day too knackered to say anything else for now

Thanks to whoever it was shouting Seagulls at 21? Miles
Wow. I did it in 3:44:31 so only 5 seconds behind you!

I saw a specator wearing an Albion coat at around half way and gave her a shout of Seagulls! and a clap as I went past

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
3:44:26 great day too knackered to say anything else for now

Thanks to whoever it was shouting Seagulls at 21? Miles

Well done. Look forward to hearing about the day. I'll have to volunteer at Parkrun Saturday to find out.

As to the Seagulls shouter- hallucination?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great times VLMers. I ran 4.16 but absolutely loved it despite being slower than Brighton. No walking until 22, when my efforts from last week kicked in a bit. Stuck with the 4hr pacers from the start but faded and walked/ran from 22 - just about mustering a 'sprint' finish.

An amazing occasion and the crowd was unbelievable. I now see why everyone wants to run London as opposed to any other marathon.

Can't pinpoint where but I shouted 'Seagulls' at a Watford fan and then at a Palace fan, who told me to Foxtrot Oscar. 😂

The double is done - I wouldn't recommend it. Physically and mentally, it's tough!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fantastic running everyone but particularly [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] - back to back marathons AND winding up Palace goons. :bowdown:

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
Congrats to all NSC 2016 London Marathon runners! :clap2: Very happy with my finish time of 3:18:01. First time taking on the marathon distance. Such an awesome experience. The support from the crowds was unbelievable the entire way. A day to remember. Same again next year guys?! I just need to go get a new set of legs...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Fantastic running everyone but particularly [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] - back to back marathons AND winding up Palace goons. :bowdown:

I aim to please :)

Here are the stats, for anyone who's interested: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1141321217

Mrs B mentioned that maybe I should just take it easier from marathons from now on - accept the fact that I'm not going to be pulling up trees times-wise. I *almost* started with the 3:45 pacers yesterday as they were in the same pen as the 4hr ones, but I know I would have had another crap experience as I did in Brighton. I've done a sub 4-marathon, and I'm quite happy with that. Maybe it's time to stop chasing times?

Dunno, maybe I'll change my mind when the next one comes around, but I'm gonna concentrate on the shorter stuff now, with Phoenix and other 10ks in mind.

Thanks for all your support guys - really appreciate it :thumbsup:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I aim to please :)

Here are the stats, for anyone who's interested: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1141321217

Mrs B mentioned that maybe I should just take it easier from marathons from now on - accept the fact that I'm not going to be pulling up trees times-wise. I *almost* started with the 3:45 pacers yesterday as they were in the same pen as the 4hr ones, but I know I would have had another crap experience as I did in Brighton. I've done a sub 4-marathon, and I'm quite happy with that. Maybe it's time to stop chasing times?

Dunno, maybe I'll change my mind when the next one comes around, but I'm gonna concentrate on the shorter stuff now, with Phoenix and other 10ks in mind.

Thanks for all your support guys - really appreciate it :thumbsup:

Great attitude. Well done again. As to chasing a marathon time, too many maybes in there methinks. :lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here