Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*Warning* Ticket collection tomorrow night.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This is easy to resolve. You email the seat number and ask the attendee to bring this with them. Those that forget, or try sitting in the wrong seat, will be checked against a hand-held device and issued their seat number.

So you get the attendee to bring along their loaded smart card AND a print off of an email stating their seat row and number, which is sort of like a print at home ticket.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is easy to resolve. You email the seat number and ask the attendee to bring this with them. Those that forget, or try sitting in the wrong seat, will be checked against a hand-held device and issued their seat number.

True, but the whole process is starting to become labour intensive, which is precisely what having a smart card is intending to resolve.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So you get the attendee to bring along their loaded smart card AND a print off of an email stating their seat row and number, which is sort of like a print at home ticket.

Exactly ... So whats the point of the smart card in the first place?, might as well just print a ticket as normal

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
All I can say is that they better not bloody delay KO yet again just because people cant get their arses in gear and follow the advice by the club. Should keep KO at 7.45 regardless, if you miss it - tough luck as you were warned days in advance to either print at home or collect well in advance or sign up to the free Gold membership and have it uploaded to your ST.

Not to mention, with it being a school night and all - a delayed KO will screw over those with kids too and they will have to decide to either leave early or keep the kids up even later.

Anyone moaning about queuing or missing KO will get zero sympathy from me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fine in theory ... Problem is, that smart card will only work if the customer continually occupies the same seat. That's the reason STH need a paper ticket if they wish to change their seat for certain games.

That's not the case. Some friends had a 'last 4 game season ticket' last season. They had smart cards but not allocated seats. On the morning of each game they would receive a text or email telling them where in the ground their seats were to be for that match. All the system reading the smart card needs to know is whether the presented card is permitted to enter that part of the stadium or not. It's then up to the person to make sure they know which seat they need to find.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can now board a plane to anywhere in the World without a paper ticket or 'smartcard', so the technology exists for barcodes to be sent to mobile devices for scanning at the gates..........got to be the way forward.

You can. The confirmation is emailed to your mobile phone. So long as you have a smartphone device of some description, you can bring up the barcode, either by opening the email or (quicker, assuming the mobile signal at the Amex isn't so great) saving a screenshot of the barcode on your phone beforehand and waving it under the scanner as you enter.

I asked whether this was possible earlier and somebody confirmed that they'd done it at a previous game.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Well I have the solution but now I'm wondering whether to patent it first. All your problems will be solved by next year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You can. The confirmation is emailed to your mobile phone. So long as you have a smartphone device of some description, you can bring up the barcode, either by opening the email or (quicker, assuming the mobile signal at the Amex isn't so great) saving a screenshot of the barcode on your phone beforehand and waving it under the scanner as you enter.

I asked whether this was possible earlier and somebody confirmed that they'd done it at a previous game.

Cool - in which case can't understand all the moaning about printing, collection etc......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cool - in which case can't understand all the moaning about printing, collection etc......

That wasn't an official club answer, but it stands to reason that the barcode readers could pick up the information from a phone screen as easily as from a bit of paper. Someone on here says it works, and I've no reason to doubt it.

They should be able to send them to the Passbook app on iPhones. The only time I've ever used app that is last time I flew EasyJet. Worked a treat.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That wasn't an official club answer, but it stands to reason that the barcode readers could pick up the information from a phone screen as easily as from a bit of paper. Someone on here says it works, and I've no reason to doubt it.

They should be able to send them to the Passbook app on iPhones. The only time I've ever used app that is last time I flew EasyJet. Worked a treat.

If it works should be made offcial. The BA app is brilliant. OCR code for boarding pass.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If it works should be made offcial. The BA app is brilliant. OCR code for boarding pass.

Not used the BA one yet but presumably it works in exactly the same way.

Wonder how much of a technology ask it would be for the Albion to produce a similar app.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They will be closing the ticket office moments before [MENTION=19800]lawros left foot[/MENTION] arrives.

:lolol: I have visions of them posting someone to the gatehouse with a pair of binoculars, scanning the A27 for any sign of his car. He turns into Village way, and it's "Quick, he's here! Drop the shutters!"

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The speed I had to go last night to get there by five to seven, they wouldn't have got the shutters down in time.

You're not really a Police woman, are you?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The speed I had to go last night to get there by five to seven, they wouldn't have got the shutters down in time.

The story is starting to change now. 6:53 earlier, and "five to seven" now.

I put it to you, [MENTION=19800]lawros left foot[/MENTION], that you weren't actually at the Amex until 7:32pm.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The story is starting to change now. 6:53 earlier, and "five to seven" now.

I put it to you, [MENTION=19800]lawros left foot[/MENTION], that you weren't actually at the Amex until 7:32pm.

Alright Guv, its a fair cop, and no mistake.

This is getting like Eastenders now,except the actings better.

Oh, and the script

Mew

Aug 16, 2011
When the "print at home" option is not available. This has happened not only to myself but to others, where the only option available on the ticketing website was to collect.

I had the same problem when buying a ticket for tomorrow. When I went to the shop to collect on Monday, she pointed out I have 2 fan numbers against my name with the same details (apart from the 1 & 2 after my name).

Sure enough when I logged in again to try and buy more tickets, I noticed that if I use one fan number I can print at home, the other I can only collect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here