Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It may be helpful to consider the UK's post war growth figures (compared to those in the union) for the period up until us joining, and then look at the same statistics for the period after we joined.

Helped by all the Commonwealth citizens we appealed to, to help us rebuild a post war Britain. They turned up in their droves to do the jobs, nobody else wanted to do, but once done, we then turned against them.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Enjoy today leavers, you will not be able to deceive yourselves much longer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thats what I love about you leavers, totally unencumbered by knowledge or concern. Must be like being a child again.

That's one way of putting it :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How has this Brexit got me agreeing with Michael Heseltine of all people!!??

Brexit: The biggest ever sacrifice of British Sovereignty?

"It is the biggest sacrifice of British self interest I know of."
Former cabinet member Lord Heseltine claims that triggering Article 50 could mean losing control as "the Europeans will tell us the conditions on which we can trade with our biggest market".

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Former cabinet member Lord Heseltine claims that triggering Article 50 could mean losing control as "the Europeans will tell us the conditions on which we can trade with our biggest market".

He also said about it:

'You see what's happening tomorrow is the one thing Margaret Thatcher was frightened of.'

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thats what I love about you leavers, totally unencumbered by knowledge or concern. Must be like being a child again.
I dread to think what happens to the markets and subsequent volatility when Mrs May's suicide note is revealed, after all, she is not one for coming up with innovative policy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

as they already do.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Who are 'My lot'??
So, oil exploration is another one of your many talents, is it?

I've known people working in oil exploration since the 1960's.I can also read.When are you going to start reading something factual?'Your lot'-the whinge about anything brigade.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
But one of the reasons for voting to remain in the UK, was it included membership of the EU, which an independent Scotland could not guarantee. Now, the situation is very different, and an independent Scotland is the best chance for Scots to be EU citizens.

You make it sound like a referendum vote is a foregone conclusion,How did that work out for Remain?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There won't be a deal.

The EU won't agree anything before the next UK election - as they'll see this as a realistic point for the UK to re-assess the situation.

Which means May will have to either negotiate past this ( if she is still PM and also not in a coalition ), or leave before the UK election without a deal in place.

Are you Mystic Meg?:lolol:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
During the negotiations I hope that EU citizens rights are preserved and given indefinite leave to remain. I hope immigration policy remains fairly liberalised to ensure continued cultural and economic exchange that enriches this country so much, and finally I also hope that the govt is able to secure our continued right to move and trade freely with the continent.

Not that often I agree with you,but that sounds good to me.:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dread to think what happens to the markets and subsequent volatility when Mrs May's suicide note is revealed, after all, she is not one for coming up with innovative policy.

I hope the EU issue a few early shots across the bows to bring some of the Tory muppets down to earth. They need to realise these discussions are going to be difficult.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here