Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Met Police and Scooter tactics.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I saw this on the BBC and thought, "Oh, I'd better check NSC", and there it was, sitting at the top of the big board.

I could watch this all day. Hopefully they'll release a DVD for christmas.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
It doesnt go far enough. The officers should be incentivised/rewarded for their skill. Call it performance management.

And power ups like in mario kart for their vehicles, nitrous oxide, oil slicks like in spy hunter.

Hope no one gets really hurt though. But fair game, hell yeah

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Good grief. Is this a thread where everyone is in agreement for once?

:thumbsup:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It doesnt go far enough. The officers should be incentivised/rewarded for their skill. Call it performance management.

And power ups like in mario kart for their vehicles, nitrous oxide, oil slicks like in spy hunter.

Hope no one gets really hurt though. But fair game, hell yeah

Definitely something in this! Be great if the Police Car had a giant boxer glove that’s fired out on a metal extender Wacky Races-style. Police Camera Action ratings would soar into prime time TV. The after 10pm editions could also feature the Rozzers giving them a right kicking afterwards too. Loads of possibilities

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
My wife's brother was driving a Capri he'd nicked and was chased up Beulah hill in South Norwood by the Old Bill. They nudged the Capri and in the resulting crash her brother died.
This was 30 years ago ish, (he was around 18 years old) and she's so devastated by the loss still. Each year we travel to Honour Oak Crematorium on his birth date and put flowers on his grave, damn she goes to pieces. Usually she's strong but she absolutely crumbles. It's heartbreaking seeing her so heartbroken. What a waste of a young life, what he's missed and what she still misses. The Police did what they had to do but at such a cost. RIP Keith.

I think the Police will necessarily carry out this tactic with the moped riders until they're taken through the High Court and end up paying millions in compensation to someone now paralysed. They'll then back-track and decide the tactic was flawed.

I agree with the tactic. Thick little scrotes need teaching a lesson. Hopefully it'll deter others.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Definitely something in this! Be great if the Police Car had a giant boxer glove that’s fired out on a metal extender Wacky Races-style. Police Camera Action ratings would soar into prime time TV. The after 10pm editions could also feature the Rozzers giving them a right kicking afterwards too. Loads of possibilities

Make it Pay Per View and income could be used for more police or drones to launch paint bombs on fleeing vermin

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My wife's brother was driving a Capri he'd nicked and was chased up Beulah hill in South Norwood by the Old Bill. They nudged the Capri and in the resulting crash her brother died.
This was 30 years ago ish, (he was around 18 years old) and she's so devastated by the loss still. Each year we travel to Honour Oak Crematorium on his birth date and put flowers on his grave, damn she goes to pieces. Usually she's strong but she absolutely crumbles. It's heartbreaking seeing her so heartbroken. What a waste of a young life, what he's missed and what she still misses. The Police did what they had to do but at such a cost. RIP Keith.

I think the Police will necessarily carry out this tactic with the moped riders until they're taken through the High Court and end up paying millions in compensation to someone now paralysed. They'll then back-track and decide the tactic was flawed.

I agree with the tactic. Thick little scrotes need teaching a lesson. Hopefully it'll deter others.

Yep, if only these kids could realise they’re putting their own lives at risk too and their deaths would cause misery to their own families. Let’s hope the Police are protected from prosecution but I think you might be right when the first teenage scrote to be killed accidentally is prosecuted (using legal aid of course) by bereaved families.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Possibilities are endless

real-life-IRL-wacky-races-custom-cars-13661587431.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I like the ones where the little yobs bounce off the seat and kind of hold the same riding position just without the bike under them anymore.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I like the ones where the little yobs bounce off the seat and kind of hold the same riding position just without the bike under them anymore.

Did make me chuckle too! You can see the bubble come out of their heads as they’re knocked off ‘er, police can’t do that to meee...wait, they can and they just did!’

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I know I’m going to get flamed, but as an ex PO, this is wrong for so many reasons.
I’ve read every post until now and not one seems to think this practice is absurd.
Very strange, and somewhat worrying.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I know I’m going to get flamed, but as an ex PO, this is wrong for so many reasons.
I’ve read every post until now and not one seems to think this practice is absurd.
Very strange, and somewhat worrying.

It’s just that we are fed up with the Wild West out there

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here