Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A bridge over the Channel, so all the immigrants can just jog across.

I liked his bridge to Northern Ireland, that would be closed for a good part of the year due to the weather, idea too. You probably know more than me on this, but aren't there hundreds of thousands of tones of munitions dumped on the seabed in the Irish Sea in undocumented locations too?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I haven't seen any of them trying to stop Brexit.

They've tried to stop any form of Brexit that doesn't suit their agenda.

The assumption of what people voted for is just that, assumptions. All this posturing over this was voted for, that was voted for is all political opinion given we only voted on 1 simple question.

As soon as there is any form of negotiation that hasn't suited lead Brexit members of the Government, they've walked away or tried to throw their leader under the bus (probably the £350m per week bus). It has been nothing short of an absolute disgrace that the vote has been used as a stick with regard to various issues, but all the stick said was we would leave the EU.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Judging from that diatribe, I guess you would be one who identifies themselves in the remoaner camp? Just pointing out to you that leavers do have some deductive skills...

"I cannot believe that even the most ardent leaver cannot see what a complete shambles this has become" - well, yes, it has rather, with a huge majority of politicians and civil servants in Westminster and Whitehall rabidly anti-Brexit. Well, that's hardly the fault of the leavers, is it? Leavers' objectives are still vey clear, not fuzzy or mudded thinking at all - it is the remoaners refusal to accept that they are in a minority that has made leaving the EU far more difficult than it should gave been.

Expect an expostulation on the intellectual superiority of remainers any time now.

Back. Duck's. Off. Water

"For the sake of the future of this country and for the kids future, somehow we have got to get out of" the EU.

The trouble is, you are someone who doesn't care about how tough it is for the UK, so don't pretend now you had anybody's welfare in mind when you voted leave.
Farage and co wound you up, got you frothing at the mouth over the injustice of people in Brussels making 60% of our new laws each year, telling us what extraction process can be used to label your Olive Oil as Extra Virgin, or what soft furnishings must be fire resistant. The press got you seething about the NHS struggling to cope under the pressure of thousands of Foreign born women giving birth, even though the NHS was delivering 300,000 babies a year more in the 60's, and relies to a large extent on foreign born workers.
You have been had, it's painful to admit it to yourself, but when you can you will be getting angry at the right people.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I liked his bridge to Northern Ireland, that would be closed for a good part of the year due to the weather, idea too. You probably know more than me on this, but aren't there hundreds of thousands of tones of munitions dumped on the seabed in the Irish Sea in undocumented locations too?

No, I don't know.

I like this.

[tweet]1065760675077791744[/tweet]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That is pathetic. Not only are these people supposed to be fighting for a good Brexit deal, but they have been best placed to deliver it. However, they have all gutlessly walked away from the difficult job in hand once it has become clear that they can't deliver on what they've promised.

I suppose you could argue they've walked away based on their hands being tied, but that's politics - everyone is accountable. The direct impact of these gutless people walking away is that a) the job has been left to others, resulting in what appears to be a dreadful deal and b) consequently left the door open to another referendum.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
With this current deal what incentive is there for the EU to secure a future deal in advance of the backstop becoming effective? It seems to be in their interest for the backstop to become effective rather than not?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
With this current deal what incentive is there for the EU to secure a future deal in advance of the backstop becoming effective? It seems to be in their interest for the backstop to become effective rather than not?

There isn’t. But then we won’t get a deal with the EU as good as the one we have and won’t get many better than we have with the rest of the world so we will stay in backstop forever. Following the same rules but have no say over them. If only remainers had said this would happen. Oh, they did.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No, I don't know.

I like this.

[tweet]1065760675077791744[/tweet]

May did warn the Tory right at her conference and they don't seem to have listened. Could their own idealogy be their ultimate undoing?

It will be interesting to see if the markets panic, wonder if Moggy is shorting the markets??

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

exactly the point why some objecting to the backstop. it seems to go too far/give too much, and looks like not leaving from a certain point of view.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The obvious reality is that there won't ever be a pure backstop-free Brexit until Ireland is reunited.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

But they also haven't helped the process at all.

As a remainer I acknowledge the failure of politicians on both sides for the (in my view) terrible referendum result. Surely you can also acknowledge that Leave politicians have completely shirked any responsibility for Brexit and have thus contributed to a situation that is awful for everyone (regardless of whether you voted leave or remain)?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not when my half brother was out in Cyprus, they didn't.

Are you referring to the delegates of the UN or the blue beret force, who were taken from forces all over the world?

The Blue Beret lads spend a lot of their time mediating between unhappy Greek Cypriots and the Turkish forces.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
So you really believe that if Boris was in charge we would have got a better deal from the EU?

Really?

The. with. fairies. away.

Talking of away with the fairies,where's all the Septic Pig predictions you said you were posting?Internet goblins been nibbling at them?:D

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
exactly the point why some objecting to the backstop. it seems to go too far/give too much, and looks like not leaving from a certain point of view.

It cant be good. IMO leaving the EU will necessarily leave the UK in a worse position, leaving the EU in this way can only lead to that position being even worse.

What a decision for an MP. Vote for this bad deal on the basis of an advisory referendum, or against it and go against 'the will of the people'.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mad May doing a phone in on Radio 5 and BBC News at 1230 answering questions, if she does that will be a first

Question asked.

Theresa: "Let me be clear..." dodges the question

Question asked.

Theresa: "Let me be clear..." dodges the question

Question asked.

Theresa: "I've been very clear on this..." dodges the question

Question asked.

Theresa: "The answer is simple..." dodges the question

Question asked.

Theresa: "Let me be clear..." dodges the ques-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if someone will ask her why she triggered Article 50 whilst having absolutely no idea how to solve the issue with the Irish border, which has done untold damage to the economy as business struggle with a situation with zero stability.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder if someone will ask her is she would rather have an armpit that dispenses sun tan lotion or a hand made of ham.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That BBC host is WAY out of her depth, not moving the phone-in Q&A on anywhere near fast enough. Obviously being yelled at by the voice in her earpiece to shape up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here