Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jake Forster-Caskey - what exactly does he do?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I just don't believe he will ever have what it takes to be even a decent player at this level. Would love for him to prove me wrong of course but i'm pretty certain it won't happen.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
JFC & Gardener is possibly the weakest centre mid in championship
INCE not the same player as last season HOLLA & MCCOURT not in contention anymore, crofts Stephens out long term
basically we're fecked
Defence struggling letting in goals and very little up front
But apparently we're too good to go down

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Say it every week, watched him closely yesterday and..........yep still shit,offers nothing, fine if he can recieve the ball and play his 5 yard sideways pass, anything under pressure and he shits himself.how the hell he plays for the under 21s is a mystery but apparently he has a hidden talent that most fans can't find.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
JFC & Gardener is possibly the weakest centre mid in championship
INCE not the same player as last season HOLLA & MCCOURT not in contention anymore, crofts Stephens out long term
basically we're fecked
Defence struggling letting in goals and very little up front
But apparently we're too good to go down

This I'm afraid sums up the current situation rather well. God I'm pissed off.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
People expect too much of him. He's a young lad with one season of semi regular championship football under his belt but some people expect him to be the next Lampard. It's idiotic. He's been thrown in because of the injuries to Crofts and Stephens and is no better or worse than Gardner. He's had some solid games this season and the criticism he gets on here is unjust IMO. But I supppose now Barnes and Spanish Dave are gone people need a scapegoat and unfortunately JFC seems to be the new target.

this is true

but he has been slightly pants recently.......he is not the only one though

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I have defended JFC in the past but his performance yesterday was one where he looked knackered and unfit.

The lad has been chucked in at the deep end this season and I do feel sorry for him.

Both he and Gardner need an experienced head along side them in midfield and yesterday our midfield cost us the game.

We know that we've been missing a goal scorer but just as key is an experienced head in midfield and this is where losing Crofts /Stephens to injury and then losing out on Clayton has really cost us.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Jake has good and bad games, although recently he is chalking up more in the bad category.

The thing that frustrates me most about him is free kick taking, week in and week out he seems to take free kicks but I've no idea why. I can't remember him ever scoring or even coming close with a free kick so why is he taking them when we have so many other options ?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
He needs some time out of the team. Been very unimpressed for a while now...not sure how poor he needs to be before someone drops him.....can he be dropped??

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I have defended JFC in the past but his performance yesterday was one where he looked knackered and unfit.

The lad has been chucked in at the deep end this season and I do feel sorry for him.

Both he and Gardner need an experienced head along side them in midfield and yesterday our midfield cost us the game.

We know that we've been missing a goal scorer but just as key is an experienced head in midfield and this is where losing Crofts /Stephens to injury and then losing out on Clayton has really cost us.

Pretty much how I feel. I have defended JFC often, but am finding it increasingly hard to do so. He has been crap recently, and clearly needs to be left out - and Holla needs to be in the team. What has he done to upset Hyypia?

I'm pleased for JFC, being in the England U21 team, but you've got to worry about what that means for the future of the England team. You'd hope that better midfielders than him would have emerged from his age group...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He needs some time out of the team. Been very unimpressed for a while now...not sure how poor he needs to be before someone drops him.....can he be dropped??

I like JFC as a player but agree it's time he had a rest, It doesn't work with JFC and Gardener in the same team anyway as it leaves us too lightweight in midfield.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I like JFC as a player but agree it's time he had a rest, It doesn't work with JFC and Gardener in the same team anyway as it leaves us too lightweight in midfield.

I agree. We need to take him out for a game or two so he can get his shit together. He's being overplayed and he knows the home crowd get on his back. The bloke still has buckets of potential but needs to be MANAGED properly.

He messed up some set pieces in really dangerous positions yesterday (the one right on the edge of the box, a good example) and his cut back when he was through on goal suggests a real lack of confidence, even though his pass and run was excellent.

Give him scope to breathe Sami.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
There is a good player in there but at his age he needs to be lead and learning from an experienced midfielder so what do we do partner him with Ince and Gardner, one more inexperienced than him and the other, well just pony. He is now picking up bad habits and making poor decisions without anyone helping him yet another example of poor management.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The problem with JFC is he lacks the physical presence to be a holding midfielder and he does not have the quick feet and eye for goal to be an attacking threat.

What you get left with is someone who jogs around the middle of the pitch doing short tidy passes without having any meaningful influence on the game.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He is an ineffective player being 'managed' by a clown. His performances have deteriorated from average to poor. No surprise, really, is it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Keeps the ball better than any of other defenders
Highest completed pass rate of all our players
Provides cover for defence and covers great about of pitch
Plays as though he gives a shit
Has developed this season better than Ince
Consistent pick for England U21s
Yes you're right he is shit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So you can't see what the England U21 manager and our manager sees in him? Bearing in mind their jobs depend on results you still can't see why they pick him?
Not sure I can help you.

I'm not sure what he does and as I cannot talk to either SM or the England under 21 coach could you enlighten me and others on his merits and attributes. I'm sorry that no one will be convinced of the word potential at this point as we sit 3rd from bottom.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I see someone has attempted to answer my post sorry.
I'm off to pick on someone else then..........totally convinced now :)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Keeps the ball better than any of other defenders
Highest completed pass rate of all our players
Provides cover for defence and covers great about of pitch
Plays as though he gives a shit
Has developed this season better than Ince
Consistent pick for England U21s
Yes you're right he is shit.

Completion passes backwards. How many assists does he have?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here