Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sorry Buzzer, but I dont agree with you on this. To compare what happens on NSC, on a thread of opposing views, and whatever is said, with the serious online bullying that does certainly occur just weakens the serious problem of online bullying. I dont think they compare.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's not bullying, and if it was, Buzzer is certainly guilty of the same thing. People who live in glass houses...

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
And there we go again..."It's not bullying."

Rinse and repeat.
Not sure what to make of this really. I went back through the first 100 pages of this thread a couple of weeks ago. JCFG layed out his position and to be fair he hasn't budged. Just about everyone else waded in throwing rocks from the start. It isn't entirely scientific, as from memory there were some more reasonable threads, which then got merged in.

It isn't very civilised, but maybe if we just started throwing insults around in Latin, it would be more respectful and totally hilarious.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Getting a bit heated on here.Let's cool it down a bit.How about a spot the difference competition:

whiteclub.jpg
com.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Not sure what to make of this really. I went back through the first 100 pages of this thread a couple of weeks ago. JCFG layed out his position and to be fair he hasn't budged. Just about everyone else waded in throwing rocks from the start. It isn't entirely scientific, as from memory there were some more reasonable threads, which then got merged in.

It isn't very civilised, but maybe if we just started throwing insults around in Latin, it would be more respectful and totally hilarious.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Well he's the only one I'm abusing. And that's because he's a borderline racist who does nothing but snipe at others and contributes the square root of fck all to pretty much any discussion on the board beyond abusing other people in semi-literate caps-lock one-liners.

Interesting use of the word "borderline"

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well, Well Leavers have been shouting from the rooftops that we are getting our country back and Parliament will be able to make decisions for themselves.

However, as well as the Henry VIII clause, we now find out via Andrea Leadsom that the Conservatives want to abuse their power and ensure that despite not having a majority in the Commons they can have a majority whenever a committee has an odd number of members.

Rigging Parliament, and is this really want voters signed up for, an abuse of power that many tinpot dictators would be happy with as a first step to gaining total control.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-rigging-parliament-committee-of-selection-standing-committees_uk_59b1a514e4b0dfaafcf68a04

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[tweet]905847119927500801[/tweet]

think Starmer is showing up parliament generally for allowing statutory instruments to take over. the conclusion is valid (shouldnt need them if not using them) but its only what our governments have been doing for decades.

D

Deleted member 22389

Well, Well Leavers have been shouting from the rooftops that we are getting our country back and Parliament will be able to make decisions for themselves.

However, as well as the Henry VIII clause, we now find out via Andrea Leadsom that the Conservatives want to abuse their power and ensure that despite not having a majority in the Commons they can have a majority whenever a committee has an odd number of members.

Rigging Parliament, and is this really want voters signed up for, an abuse of power that many tinpot dictators would be happy with as a first step to gaining total control.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-rigging-parliament-committee-of-selection-standing-committees_uk_59b1a514e4b0dfaafcf68a04

Quick question, have I ever ganged up on you on NSC?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry Buzzer, but I dont agree with you on this. To compare what happens on NSC, on a thread of opposing views, and whatever is said, with the serious online bullying that does certainly occur just weakens the serious problem of online bullying. I dont think they compare.

And so speaketh the serious left.......

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

You'd think after the Gina Miller case they would have learnt their lesson but they haven't learnt a thing. This is going all backfire badly and create yet more delays and amendments, meanwhile the Brexit clock ticks on

I guess this is what you do when you've only had a parliamentary majority for 2 years since the John Major era

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Nice to see a few of those people a few weeks back saying that they don't gang up on anyone on here posting such nice things. If this isn't online bullying then what is?

FFS...PPF is relentlessly abusive, racist, homophobic and aggressive. He adds nothing positive to NSC. Back when he was given his present moniker he was close to being discarded for good if I remember rightly, and to my mind he should have been.

People are not 'ganging up' on him - we are all disparate individuals, each responding independently.

The same sort of multiple response has happened frequently on this thread, and as someone said above, you have never condemned this when it has come from the Brexiteers. Yet when it's PPF you jump in and accuse people of online bullying?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here