Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan. Discuss.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
How many times have i banged on about his height? If we want to go back to the Championship then by all means keep picking Ryan. One day the penny might drop.
The bloke isn't a keeper FACT
For ****S sake.

You might be right, you might be wrong. We will know after a few more than TWO fcking games whether the best goalkeeper in sports-mad Australia and former keeper at one of Spain's top 6 clubs is up to the job of keeping goal here.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My major concern is why we are said to be buying a 3rd choice keeper for £4m when we have loaned Walton out. Where does he figure in our future plans? I thought that we would look at an oldie for 3rd keeper for this season then bring Walton into the thinking

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
For ****S sake.

You might be right, you might be wrong. We will know after a few more than TWO fcking games whether the best goalkeeper in sports-mad Australia and former keeper at one of Spain's top 6 clubs is up to the job of keeping goal here.

Forgetting Athletico? If we are buying a number 3 gk doesn't it make you question the recruitment policy just a tad?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Forgetting Athletico? If we are buying a number 3 gk doesn't it make you question the recruitment policy just a tad?
No.

I'll just trust the recruitment team that got us consistently finishing in the top six of the Championship, five in six seasons, and Champions of league one before that, and 2nd last season.

The alternative of course is to whinge like a clueless clown because we've lost two games against the champions elect and away to another probable top ten team (and champions of 2 seasons ago).

Oh, and there is no such club as "Athletico".

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
David De Gea had a woeful few games at the start, imagine if you were the manager there shipping out De Gea to someone because he made a few mistakes :lolol:
True, although if I recall right, Ferguson dropped De Gea after a few high profile mistakes and replaced him with Lindegard and it was only when the latter got injured that De Gea got his place back. Same thing happened the following season.

Goalkeeper is often the hardest position to get right.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Please stop. As far as I can see, nothing has changed. From day one of this window the club have made it clear that they wanted 3 goalkeepers and they are still to get the third. Surely, even in this insane world of NSC, even you can see that when buying said keeper it is better to get the best the budget will allow which then gives us options in the event of injuries/squad rotation/loss of form. Of course we could get someone shit and cheap but if Ryan gets sent off next match and then Meenpaa gets injured the next game we will be up s*** creek.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
True, although if I recall right, Ferguson dropped De Gea after a few high profile mistakes and replaced him with Lindegard and it was only when the latter got injured that De Gea got his place back. Same thing happened the following season.

Goalkeeper is often the hardest position to get right.
Regardless, Spurs stuck with Hugo Loris after a sticky start - that'll be because they had faith that their expensive signing would come good in the end. And he did.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
For ****S sake.

He played a total of 10 games for Valencia.

Too early to judge Ryan, but he hasn't made a great start.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Please stop. As far as I can see, nothing has changed. From day one of this window the club have made it clear that they wanted 3 goalkeepers and they are still to get the third. Surely, even in this insane world of NSC, even you can see that when buying said keeper it is better to get the best the budget will allow which then gives us options in the event of injuries/squad rotation/loss of form. Of course we could get someone shit and cheap but if Ryan gets sent off next match and then Meenpaa gets injured the next game we will be up s*** creek.

I'm hoping Ryan is no where near the pitch to get sent off. Dunk and Duffy clearly have no confidence in him either. Second goal at Leicester Dunk just needs a call to let ball go for goal kick. No call, corner header at a height most Sunday league keepers save. Just cut losses and admit we've made a mistake.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I'm hoping Ryan is no where near the pitch to get sent off. Dunk and Duffy clearly have no confidence in him either. Second goal at Leicester Dunk just needs a call to let ball go for goal kick. No call, corner header at a height most Sunday league keepers save. Just cut losses and admit we've made a mistake.

Well at least you're giving him a chance after a whopping TWO games. Nice to see a supporter supporting.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Regardless, Spurs stuck with Hugo Loris after a sticky start - that'll be because they had faith that their expensive signing would come good in the end. And he did.

Confess I don't recall Lloris struggling too much early on at Spurs. He kept clean sheets in his first two matches and after making his debut in the October was being nominated as player of the month in December.

I'm not advocating Ryan being dropped by the way. but he hasn't made the best of starts. Will he improve? I certainly hope so but his early season form means he is going to be under intense scrutiny if we keep losing games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just to say after a difficult start, thought he looked solid today. Came for crosses with good protection from Dunk and Duffy, handling impeccable.

It was noticeable he kept the team pushed up higher today, giving him space to come for things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Just to say after a difficult start, thought he looked solid today. Came for crosses with good protection from Dunk and Duffy, handling impeccable.

It was noticeable he kept the team pushed up higher today, giving him space to come for things.

Not having a go or being negative, but he had f**k all to do 2nd half. Jury still out. :shrug:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Do agree with all the above.

He dropped some absolute clangers in the warm up though. Ben Roberts had to walk him off with his arm round him giving him a pep talk. Not exactly what you want to see 15 minutes before kick off - but as you say, really solid and comfortable when it mattered.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He can't win can he? He keeps a clean sheet and gets slated for his performance in the pre-match warm-up....:shrug:

Oi! Your selective quoting makes my comment seem less balanced than it was!

Still trying to work out what's the exception and what's the rule with him. If I hadn't seen the Leicester and Madrid fumbles (not fussed by the Dunk og), I'd say he's the perfect signing for us. Few more comfortable games and I will write the above two off as aberrations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here