Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flags for Sunday?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I get the relative merits of every argument for and against but I just find it so cringeworthy unless we’re celebrating something. Which we’re not this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
TO be fair we're playing arguably the biggest club in World Football, it IS a big occassion however you dress it up.

It is a slightly big occasion agreed, but you don't let the opposition know that.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Isn't the first home game in our second premier league season a "big occasion " then. Leicester did it last season for their first home, as well as massive fire shooting things
Was that when they were defending Premier League champions?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I would prefer a loo roll on every seat. There's no better sight in world football than thousands of bog roll streamers cascading down onto the pitch.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
TO be fair we're playing arguably the biggest club in World Football, it IS a big occassion however you dress it up.

You've got to be disappointed with that - only a couple of tiddlers

fish-390895.jpg

:p

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
The kids love them , and with a ever increasing number of young fans attending matches , everything that can be done to make them say to mum and dad can we go again should be done , it's fantastic to see the youngsters all kitted out in their blue and white stripes on a matchday .

There's currently no law which states you must attempt to wave your flag if supplied so relax and enjoy the game .

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The kids love them , and with a ever increasing number of young fans attending matches , everything that can be done to make them say to mum and dad can we go again should be done , it's fantastic to see the youngsters all kitted out in their blue and white stripes on a matchday .

There's currently no law which states you must attempt to wave your flag if supplied so relax and enjoy the game .

Most of them are willy waving on NSC :wink:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

A friend of a friend said a bloke down the pub told him the club got a good deal on these flags for pride.
The club over ordered as the deal was so good.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Amex full of bright colours on Sunday afternoon. :D

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To be fair, I’ve already said that I view it as just a league game. I see it as a bit “we’re just glad to be here”. :shrug:

It is just a league game, but it is also ManUtd's first televised game of the season and will be watched by millions across the globe. Like it or loath it, if we are to sustain ourselves financially in the PL, then we need to step out of our provincial mindset and accept that we have to target a global appeal for better sponsorship, kit, merchandise deals. We need to be selling our advertising to global brands, not just the local Brighton Estate Agents or Job Agencies. We need corporate videos showing ourselves as a club brands want to be associated with and invest in.

It will make us look a bit tinpot to be honest, but I also think we need to swallow down that bit of pride because we either stay the little provincial club in Sussex with a limited stay in the top flight, or we have to build if we are to establish ourselves at the top table for a sustained period. Devil and the deep blue sea.

Jan 30, 2008
....and then we will be rolling ( over ).
Hate flags, hate clappers, small club mentality. The way to greet Man Utd is for every man, jack of us, to make the Amex as hostile as possible, not as friendly as possible.
Have you emailed Paul barber at customer complaints ???
regards
DR

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have my cardboard piece with " Jose can I have your suit" and also one with " why Percy tau not play in brighton- dave in Johannesburg "

Should be great for a global audience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here