Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Dunk had gone more with Lukaku it would have been OG5. I'm not sure if the cross was completely unplayable for a defender, but how many times have we seen defenders nutting those into the net?

Anyway, this thread has really turned out well, innit :facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Dunk had gone more with Lukaku it would have been OG5. I'm not sure if the cross was completely unplayable for a defender, but how many times have we seen defenders nutting those into the net?

Anyway, this thread has really turned out well, innit :facepalm:

Why? The 'Dunk's at fault for FAC departure' lynching is gathering momentum?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Might as well end this thread with Dunk being the best centre back in England then and Southgate f..ucking up and no need for Dunk or our coaching staff trying to improve on our defending of crosses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why? The 'Dunk's at fault for FAC departure' lynching is gathering momentum?

Only in Haywards Heath.

The rest of us understand that excellent players are allowed to score as well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Might as well end this thread with Dunk being the best centre back in England then and Southgate f..ucking up and no need for Dunk or our coaching staff trying to improve on our defending of crosses.

Don’t think anyone has said anything like that though.......could equally end the thread with ‘Dunk is shit at defending crosses, get rid’ if that’s the case.

The team have had an obvious weakness defending crosses/set pieces at this level. It, and the individuals are evidently improving, but quality teams will still score sometimes, like yesterday. It’s that simple.

Wonder what our resident defensive uber-coach will pick on next once it is finally sorted ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Only in Haywards Heath.

The rest of us understand that excellent players are allowed to score as well.

Which was a clear failure to grasp the law of averages, rather than "The First Law of Being a CB". Necessarily, a good centre forward will win his fair share of headers, in other words the CB doesn't, plus it's an impossibility for CB's to always be in the right place to clear every cross/corner. Even John Terry didn't win them all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alternatively NSC's reaction to the latest offering from the algorithm that is BG:-

[tweet]975161681427992577[/tweet]

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Don’t think anyone has said anything like that though.......could equally end the thread with ‘Dunk is shit at defending crosses, get rid’ if that’s the case.

The team have had an obvious weakness defending crosses/set pieces at this level. It, and the individuals are evidently improving, but quality teams will still score sometimes, like yesterday. It’s that simple.

Wonder what our resident defensive uber-coach will pick on next once it is finally sorted ?

Well let’s sort this out before we move on to Knockaert and March regressing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Shearer now discussing Chelsea’s centre back Christiansen and his odd error and how he can get better though. Can you do that ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which was a clear failure to grasp the law of averages, rather than "The First Law of Being a CB". Necessarily, a good centre forward will win his fair share of headers, in other words the CB doesn't, plus it's an impossibility for CB's to always be in the right place to clear every cross/corner. Even John Terry didn't win them all.

Amazing isn't it.
Over £100m worth of footballers with 100 international caps combine with inch perfect precision to score, and all of a sudden we have a problem that only Tony Adams or Gary Mabbutt can rectify.

Had Locadia scored I wonder if a closet Spurs fan on TraffordStandChat would now be demanding Gordon McQueen turns up to sort out Smalling.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Alternatively NSC's reaction to the latest offering from the algorithm that is BG:-

[tweet]975161681427992577[/tweet]

In fairness, he has a good eye for dentifying awful defending:

IMG_2496.PNG

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
FWIW You could hold up the World Cup for 20 years and it would still be too early for Tarkowski. IMHO. Mawson especially and possibly Keane will be adequate cover along with Smalling and possibly Dier if needed for Maguire and Stones.

Tarkowski is the best passer after Stones - Dyche was happy to bring him on as a substitute midfielder in quite a few Premier League games last season when Mee and Keane were first-choice CHs.

Dunk/Duffy........40 conceded in 30
Mee/Tarkowski..26 conceded in 30 (Kevin Long played 9 games....7 instead of JT, 2 instead of BM)..

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Amazing isn't it.
Over £100m worth of footballers with 100 international caps combine with inch perfect precision to score, and all of a sudden we have a problem that only Tony Adams or Gary Mabbutt can rectify.

Had Locadia scored I wonder if a closet Spurs fan on TraffordStandChat would now be demanding Gordon McQueen turns up to sort out Smalling.

If we stick around long enough you will post something constructive and not designed in your infantile unsuccessful way to take the p.ss. but I dont hold out much hope. I would assume that you are past being a spotty teenager.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Amazing isn't it.

This is my final contribution, unless provoked, on this subject but those two have both successfully played against and stopped similarly high capped players scoring against them and I believe their advice would be invaluable to our team. If you listen to Martin Keown when analysing a game he states what he as a CB expects and what he also expects the defenders around him to do and this is the advice that could be imparted to our squad from a respected ex player who knows exactly what he is talking about in that position having been there, seen it and done it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm, quite probably the last person Dunk needs to see right now. :lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think it's fairly obvious that none of us have ever seen an Albion team or individuals as good as this (personally from 65-66) and, as such, it's likely to cause a little confusion.

Unless I've missed something and between the early 50s and mid 60s we had the most amazing group of athletes in the world half way along the Old Shoreham Road

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here