Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings Thread - Everton (A)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was very worrying watching this. Schelotto looked like he had never played football before.

Yes, he was really dreadful. Bolasie is so one footed, yet he showed him inside all the time.

Knockaert didn’t help him much though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think it shows how much the full-back/wing-back's performance can be strongly influenced by the help (or complete lack of) he gets from in front of him.

Yes, though to be fair Knocky has been good in this respect recently, he just had a bad, bad day.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
As did Schelloto. I don't find his performance 'worrying' - he has been superb in recent weeks.

Like others, he had a bad day.

Schellotto went for a tackle on Bolasie that seemed to be 'for show' and to feed his reputation as a maverick / flair player where it was carried out right in front of us, but it was not an intelligent play.

He also switched off at key moments yesterday (to Duffy's annoyance when it led to the penalty).

That is the way he is made. Some games his style of play is going to work well and sometimes it may cost us. Let's just hope he continues to have more productive games than reckless or lazy ones. He still gets a place ahead of Bruno on balance of performances by both players in recent months.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ryan- 4- Got lucky with the Penalty save. Should've saved Bongs own goal.

Bong- 1- looks like he's just playing for money. Get rid.

Dunk-4- A Donkey chasing a carrot.

Duffy- 2- Looked like he was trying to help his old club out.

Schitletto-3- Needs to stop caring about his hair and focus on the football.

AK-0- Club need to terminate his contract immediately and get him banned from Football.

Kayal- 4- He's no Dale Stephens.

Propper- 4- I would've given him a 5 but the 'pally' stuff he had going on with Klaassen was disgraceful.

Ezqueirdo- 3- The jury's out on him. Still yet to see what he's all about.

Gross- 4- Should've done better with the shot from the centre kick, at least hit the target!

Murray-3- League 1 standard.

About right, except Kayal is no Jason Peake either , and Murray is League two standard

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Schellotto went for a tackle on Bolasie that seemed to be 'for show' and to feed his reputation as a maverick / flair player where it was carried out right in front of us, but it was not an intelligent play.

He also switched off at key moments yesterday (to Duffy's annoyance when it led to the penalty).

That is the way he is made. Some games his style of play is going to work well and sometimes it may cost us. Let's just hope he continues to have more productive games than reckless or lazy ones. He still gets a place ahead of Bruno on balance of performances by both players in recent months.

That tackle on Bolasie was a foul but not a yellow card IMO.

Other than the red card the ref handled the game badly and seemed very one sided

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Ryan 7 - great penalty save. One crossed missed from one of their billion corners which Bolaise nearly put in.
Scheletto 3 - was poor but in the last 30 mins he was almost pathetic. Seemed to give up a bit. Duffy told him to xxxx off after the penalty was awarded and said to him "he was your man" where Scheletto made no attempt to get a ball he easily could have.
Dunk 6
Duffy 7 great in the air as always. Really cared.
Bong 3 - Its been said that on another day he clears his OG but I disagree. He's very poor on his right foot and really struggled positionally. Shame as if he hadn't done that we slightly coming into the game.
Knockhart - 2
Izquierdo 6
Propper 6
Kayal 5
Gross 6
Murray 5 love him but think Ulloa offers us more when we're away

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Ryan - 7

Schelotto - 5
Dunk - 6
Duffy - 6
Bong - 5

Knockaert - 2 (Grow up)
Kayal - 4
Propper - 6
Izquierdo - 5

Gross - 5
Murray - 4

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
From the stream. The first half was boring but solid, and in the second half we fell apart. We suffered from the absence of Stephens and - as so often away this season - sat too deep against organised but not exceptional opposition.
Ryan 8
Schelotto 5
Duffy 7
Dunk 8
Bong 5
Knockaert 3. Started the move for their first goal and the sending off has been coming for a long time now. Will he play for us again?
Kayal 4
Propper 6
Izquierdo 5 but not his fault - no service
Gross 7
Murray 6 but no service

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here