Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup draw round 3 - home v Palace

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
From palace website

We strongly believe that the very small minority who misbehave and create disorder should be punished to the full extent of the law, thereby deterring others. Instead, it’s our view that the many decent and law-abiding supporters are being punished by being deprived of the opportunity to enjoy supporting their team.

Maybe don't give them PRIORITY TICKETS this time, Parish, eh?

palace.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just missed something about the match on Sky News sports bit (17:50 ish). Something about wanting the match moved to Sunday.
If either club decline the TV money can BHA then dictate when the match will be played? Do we have to do as told by BT or can the police stop the Monday game?
In my mind Saturday 12:00 is best.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Serves em right. Maybe the dickhead in charge of them will do something about the mongs in Balaclavas

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I don't think so. From the little I can gather they've given us little thought until we were promoted. But I could be wrong. Whatever, surely we've bigger fish to fry. This is our chance to make BHA a dynasty

Very harsh LE. I do agree a fair proportion of our fans are obsessed by CP. Including too many on here, including some who should know a lot better. But we're gunning for European places and a BHA dynasty now.

You are actually quite funny and completely deluded who strikes ma as another newbie new age fan, who does not, and does not want to understand the rivalry.

Europe !!!!! Dynasty !!!!!! time for a lay down for you young pup.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You are actually quite funny and completely deluded who strikes ma as another newbie new age fan, who does not, and does not want to understand the rivalry.

Europe !!!!! Dynasty !!!!!! time for a lay down for you young pup.

Seagulls perm has long been outed on here as Palace masquerading as BHA. One for the ignore list.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Boo Hoo it's not our fault, boo hoo it's all the police fault, boo hoo it was only a small number of idiots. tough sh!t, you can see why zahaha always looks like he is about to cry it's endemic in that club, nothing is ever their fault.

Idiot.Its not about who’s fault it is.
It’s a huge game between 2 fierce rivals.
A game that will now be played in a half full stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
I really don't want to get banned from here. I signed up 13 years ago and only post occasionally but tend to look at NSC quite regularly as it's particularly interesting for non football stuff. But I will say what I think about this whole Brighton vs Palace fiasco this season.

Despite your protestations, the AMEX is a nightmare to get to as an away (Palace) fan. I drive all over the country watching Palace. The AMEX is by far the biggest pain in the arse to get to as a driver. The options at your ground for the masses are pretty limited. Really, who wants to sit in a park and ride car park waiting to get out for more than an hour? As a Palace fan, who wants to share a bus with the home masses so risking a confrontation?

What other options are there? Train? Really? Getting kettled by the police and taken on a 90 min march to the ground? having to run the gauntlet at the tiny Falmer station pre and post match? Getting mixed together and spat at by Brighton fans on the platform? (I'm sure it was the same in the other direction before someone says something)

Now we have this ridiculous allocation of 2000 tickets for a cup match. What I can't understand is why? What has actually happened during the last few matches to justify this? As I have said elsewhere, a few oiks took their opportunity to get into the ground the other week without getting searched. They may, or may not have had tickets. We simply don't know. They then let off pyro's inside and nobody does anything about it. Stewards stood by and watched and the police did nothing to to deal with this law breaking that was going on in front of their eyes by people who they could have just walked up and arrested, at least on suspicion of these offences.

Other than that, what has actually happened to justify this reduced allocation? How come other stadiums can accommodate many thousands of away fans at games yet the AMEX can't? How can 8000 fans attend the Liverpool derby? How can Palace accommodate 6000 Brighton fans at Selhurst (5-0) How can we accommodate 7000 Scumwall fans etc etc and yet the AMEX can't accommodate 4000 Palace fans?

I am not saying all our fans are angels. I'm sure you won't be saying the same about Brighton fans either but how can BHAFC not cope with these fan numbers when other clubs can? Crystal Palace are not the most notorious of clubs for fan violence are we? It calls into question, for me at least, as to whether the whole AMEX set up is fit for purpose or not....

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Train? Really? Getting kettled by the police and taken on a 90 min march to the ground?

That's what WE have to put up with at Selhurst!

It calls into question, for me at least, as to whether the whole AMEX set up is fit for purpose or not....

It's a fair cop. The Amex was not designed for you.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
That's what WE have to put up with at Selhurst!

It's a fair cop. The Amex was not designed for you.

You have 3 mainline train stations to choose from within a 15min walk of the ground... I don't understand your point? Turn up early enough without colours and there are no end of pubs you can go to without kettling and 90 min marches.

And as for your second comment, it seems to me that the AMEX and surroundings were not designed for football supporters full stop, whether that is home fans or away fans.....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
as for your second comment, it seems to me that the AMEX and surroundings were not designed for football supporters full stop, whether that is home fans or away fans.....
Works brilliantly for me (train or car). I can be back home 20 miles away in 75 minutes having clapped the players off and had a beer at the ground.

It doesn't work when your balaclava wearing tossers set out deliberately to make it not work. Should it have been designed to meet the needs of such pond life? I'm glad it wasn't.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really don't want to get banned from here. I signed up 13 years ago and only post occasionally but tend to look at NSC quite regularly as it's particularly interesting for non football stuff. But I will say what I think about this whole Brighton vs Palace fiasco this season.

Despite your protestations, the AMEX is a nightmare to get to as an away (Palace) fan. I drive all over the country watching Palace. The AMEX is by far the biggest pain in the arse to get to as a driver. The options at your ground for the masses are pretty limited. Really, who wants to sit in a park and ride car park waiting to get out for more than an hour? As a Palace fan, who wants to share a bus with the home masses so risking a confrontation?

What other options are there? Train? Really? Getting kettled by the police and taken on a 90 min march to the ground? having to run the gauntlet at the tiny Falmer station pre and post match? Getting mixed together and spat at by Brighton fans on the platform? (I'm sure it was the same in the other direction before someone says something)

Now we have this ridiculous allocation of 2000 tickets for a cup match. What I can't understand is why? What has actually happened during the last few matches to justify this? As I have said elsewhere, a few oiks took their opportunity to get into the ground the other week without getting searched. They may, or may not have had tickets. We simply don't know. They then let off pyro's inside and nobody does anything about it. Stewards stood by and watched and the police did nothing to to deal with this law breaking that was going on in front of their eyes by people who they could have just walked up and arrested, at least on suspicion of these offences.

Other than that, what has actually happened to justify this reduced allocation? How come other stadiums can accommodate many thousands of away fans at games yet the AMEX can't? How can 8000 fans attend the Liverpool derby? How can Palace accommodate 6000 Brighton fans at Selhurst (5-0) How can we accommodate 7000 Scumwall fans etc etc and yet the AMEX can't accommodate 4000 Palace fans?

I am not saying all our fans are angels. I'm sure you won't be saying the same about Brighton fans either but how can BHAFC not cope with these fan numbers when other clubs can? Crystal Palace are not the most notorious of clubs for fan violence are we? It calls into question, for me at least, as to whether the whole AMEX set up is fit for purpose or not....
4 million fans through the turnstyles so far.

4,500 Arsenal fans in the FA Cup, 2015.

Yeah, it's fit for purpose.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You have 3 mainline train stations to choose from within a 15min walk of the ground... I don't understand your point? Turn up early enough without colours and there are no end of pubs you can go to without kettling and 90 min marches.

Two out of the last three times at Selhurst we've been kettled after the match. Horses, dogs, a metal wall - the lot.

That's everyone. Wearing colours doesn't make a difference!

After the 5-0 I didn't get home until nearly 7pm. I lived in Balham at the time!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And, btw, the away capacity at the play-off matches was... 2000.

No whinging then - and no excuse for trouble.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
4 million fans through the turnstyles so far.

4,500 Arsenal fans in the FA Cup, 2015.

Yeah, it's fit for purpose.

And I bet most of those 4500 Arsenal fans left singing the praises of the AMEX and its transport infrastructure eh?

And you can accept 4500 Arsenal fans but not any more than 2000 Palace fans? I'm sorry but it's pathetic and based on no reason whatsoever. I was there at the league game and I will qualify for a ticket for this game but, quite honestly, I hope we return all 2000 tickets and don't take any fans there. This will make a point and show what a scandalous decision this ticket allocation is.

honestly, wouldn't you all rather see a packed stadium with maximum away fans and all creating a great atmosphere? Or is it better to have a half filled soulless arena so that you can all leave a bit early to avoid the transport nightmare you have each game?

Look, I'm doing what I didn't want to do... We should all be on the same page here. We should all want a great atmosphere for what could be a great cup tie. Instead, it's been ruined by the incompetence of the officials in being unable to handle a full Palace allocation. That decision is also running the real risk of encouraging Palace fans into the home ends which may cause the real sort of problems that none of us want to see.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Two out of the last three times at Selhurst we've been kettled after the match. Horses, dogs, a metal wall - the lot.

That's everyone. Wearing colours doesn't make a difference!

After the 5-0 I didn't get home until nearly 7pm. I lived in Balham at the time!

Kettling after the game is sadly unavoidable. But I was talking about the kettling and 90 min march that Palace fans experienced before the game....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here