Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] All Those Away Trips!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We had a discussion on the train (in between beers!), on the way to Brighton for the Liverpool game, about how many away grounds we've been to to see the Albion play. Now, because of our club's circumstances both good and bad we've gone up, down and back up again through all the divisions over the last forty years.

I did a rough calculation that meant that the Albion had played at more than 125 grounds on their away travels since 1977. Within that figure are clubs who are now in the National League or lower, Wrexham or Stockport County for example. Clubs that have had to start all over again Hereford and Wimbledon. Clubs that have had multiple homes - e.g. Bristol Rovers. And then of course you have clubs that have moved from old grounds to new, the likes of Man.City from Maine Road to the Etihad, Arsenal from Highbury to the Emirates and Reading from Elm Park to the Madejski and so on.

There is a strong possibility that some devoted Albion fans have broken through the 'ton' barrier on this one and have visited more than 100 grounds to see our boys play. Are you one of them? What's your total?

P.S. Bad fan me! I've only managed 47. :(

I'm not that much better, around 60 l think, and some of those are grounds that no longer see games in the Football League, or no longer exist.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
74 not counting those where moved to new grounds and been to old - Man City, Chester and West Ham to name 3

el punal

I'm not that much better, around 60 l think, and some of those are grounds that no longer see games in the Football League, or no longer exist.

I'm not such a bad fan after all! I checked all the leagues and my total is 74. Like you said some of the grounds don't exist anymore - Plough Lane, Burnden Park, Elm Park, Eastville as examples. I'm getting old!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here