Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Izzy Brown Go Home

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You’d think Brown must have earned a starting place for next week, especially with it being at Huddersfield. Play the same starting eleven and give them a chance to make amends, or ring the changes?

Same XI for me. In a strange way, the success of Gross has given us a bit of a problem I feel. Against the better teams when we're pinned back, he hasn't got the pace to be anywhere close to Murray so we need another attacking solution - but how do you leave Gross out given his record? Interesting one.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thought Brown was our worst player in the first half. So many times he let his man go when we were tracking back. Bong had a go at him a number of times. I’d have taken him off at half time.

2nd half he looked really good, and it seemed odd to take him off then.

Pretty much what I was going to say. For those saying he should play in Gross' role, he kinda WAS for large chunks of the first half he was so far in field! You could see Bong's frustrations with it as he kept having to tell him where to be.

Second half he improved, however, I'll give him that. MotM? Don't think so. That said, I also don't feel it's entirely fair to judge him based on the fact he was playing in an unfamiliar role...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What has Dale Stephens done with the old Dale Stephens..

The collective groan now when he takes a shot on is palatable.

A la Bong, what more do you people want.

The fella scores a couple of goals a season (with one outlying year when he got 7) and now he's suddenly expected to be Frank lampard.

Guess what folks if he was a midfield goal scoring threat, he wouldn't be playing for the Albion.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Apparently it's harder to shoot straight in the Premier League. Weird.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Really? He went close in the 2 home games prior to Liverpool with very well-struck shots from distance. Didn't notice any groaning then.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
When I saw Brown's name on the starting sheet I thought we'd already accepted a loss, I'd not seen him put in any effort before. I was surprised how well he played Saturday, some of his balls in were excellent. Shame none were converted.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wish a mod would remove the unnecessary and insulting 'Go Home' from the thread title.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When I saw Brown's name on the starting sheet I thought we'd already accepted a loss, I'd not seen him put in any effort before. I was surprised how well he played Saturday, some of his balls in were excellent. Shame none were converted.
If you don't trust CH by now maybe supporting the Albion isn't really your 'thing'. :lolol: :jester:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Really? He went close in the 2 home games prior to Liverpool with very well-struck shots from distance. Didn't notice any groaning then.

He also missed the mark a few times, admittedly when he took it on with his left.

The underlying issue is not with Stephens himself but the hesitancy of anyone else to shoot from distance which has been noticeable this season.

Stephens, fair play to him, has taken it on with varying degrees of success.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wish a mod would remove the unnecessary and insulting 'Go Home' from the thread title.

It should be left there to embarrass the thread starter and those that agreed with him, after he’d only had a few minutes in a few games and was therefore deemed useless as he hadn’t done anything of note in those few cameos.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He also missed the mark a few times, admittedly when he took it on with his left.

The underlying issue is not with Stephens himself but the hesitancy of anyone else to shoot from distance which has been noticeable this season.

Stephens, fair play to him, has taken it on with varying degrees of success.
The team, midfield, isn't set up for a box to box midfielder, and in fairness never really has under CH.

The only player in a position to 'just swing a leg at it', from open play, would be Gross and we all know he's far to cultured for that.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
A la Bong, what more do you people want.

The fella scores a couple of goals a season (with one outlying year when he got 7) and now he's suddenly expected to be Frank lampard.

Guess what folks if he was a midfield goal scoring threat, he wouldn't be playing for the Albion.

People are certainly realistic when considering Dale's ability, hence the groans. Frank Lampard he is not.

We haven't had enough speculative efforts this season however. Propper is guilty of this, Gross has been in shooting positions too. Dale has taken them on, he bought a ticket as it were but is yet to win anything in the raffle.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It should be left there to embarrass the thread starter and those that agreed with him, after he’d only had a few minutes in a few games and was therefore deemed useless as he hadn’t done anything of note in those few cameos.

But alternatively Icy, are you saying that a 25 minute cameo on Saturday at the start of the second half, should be enough to say he’s a ‘world beater’?

I was underwhelmed when we got him on loan, and after 45 mins Saturday still wondered why he was blocking the progress of Tilley or why March/Izquierdo wasn’t playing.

However, he was brilliant at the start of the second half, so hopefully if he’s given more opportunities he’ll continue to shine.

I remain on the fence.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here