Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Great night watching Brighton's own Royal Blood ripping it up at Birmingham Arena last night - and I was also impressed by Black Honey, also from Brighton apparently, who opened for them. In between we had At the Drive In, the like of which I have never seen live before - amazing performance and great fun even though I can't see myself listening to them in the car too much.

But gig of the week has to go to Wolf Alice who were incredible at the O2 Academy in Birmingham last Thursday. They are at the Dome on Monday and probably represent a better bet for a decent night's entertainment than watching Stoke!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Mammut! were superb at the Hope and Ruin last night, having missed out on them at The Great Escape before was delighted to finally see them. Another cracking band from Iceland, is there anything that country can't do?

Also just bought a ticket for the Pictish Trail on Dec 8 at the Rialto, should be a delightful evening.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Mammut! were superb at the Hope and Ruin last night, having missed out on them at The Great Escape before was delighted to finally see them. Another cracking band from Iceland, is there anything that country can't do?

Also just bought a ticket for the Pictish Trail on Dec 8 at the Rialto, should be a delightful evening.

where's the Rialto?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Yes, it was great - verging on a 'Greatest Hits' set!

I'm seeing The Fall at Koko on Thursday. Anyone else making the trip?

Yes I’m going to the Koko - have a nagging feeling after seeing The Fall more than 50 times in th the last 35 years this could be the last time.

Robert Forster, Faust and The Fall - a great ten days.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yes I’m going to the Koko - have a nagging feeling after seeing The Fall more than 50 times in th the last 35 years this could be the last time.

Robert Forster, Faust and The Fall - a great ten days.

I'm led to believe it's The Rebel (ex-Country Teasers) supporting tonight so I'm super happy.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Nick Cave, Patti Smith, St Vincent and Courtney Barnett all on the same day at Victoria Park in June. We're going.

I'm desperately thinking of a reason not to spend £100 before I've even got in the door at an AEG all-dayer where they'll be no readmittance and hideously overpriced food and drink but I'm not sure it's really possible with that lineup. I'll be mithering all day no doubt.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm desperately thinking of a reason not to spend £100 before I've even got in the door at an AEG all-dayer where they'll be no readmittance and hideously overpriced food and drink but I'm not sure it's really possible with that lineup. I'll be mithering all day no doubt.

Going with the Mrs and our boy, so will refrain from drinking, and take a picnic then. Thanks for the heads-up. Presumably they won't allow you to take alcohol in. Tickets actually worked out at just under £70. Patti Smith tickets are going for about £50, so it doesn't seem too bad to me.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Going with the Mrs and our boy, so will refrain from drinking, and take a picnic then. Thanks for the heads-up. Presumably they won't allow you to take alcohol in. Tickets actually worked out at just under £70. Patti Smith tickets are going for about £50, so it doesn't seem too bad to me.

The £100 was a ticket + train thing, maybe more £90 then. I'm not arguing that it's bad value really, just perhaps my days of blowing that sort of money on a show might be past me.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Looking likely this will be cancelled - they called Bristol off last minute last night, MES not at all well apparently.

Check before you travel.@spring hill convert
It's confirmed off.

I'm going to console myself with the opportunity to see Red Deer People playing a big stage supporting Algiers tonight.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here