Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haye vs Bellew

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Really really good fight.

Don't like Haye.
Sad to see Haye fall apart, but so much respect for fighting through what would have been agonising pain, and really nice words after the fight.

Don't see a rematch happening.

Bellew to drop back down, and fight 2-3 times before retiring.
He couldn't punch from the 7-8th round, won't make it through 12 rounds with any elite heavyweights.

Pleased with the result, always loved Bellew.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I just think that Haye was loading up far too much for the big knock out first two Rounds rather than boxing properly which is what Bellew had goaded him into. From then till the injury thought Haye looked by far the better and most comfortable in there and then it went to pieces with the injury. Bellew actually looked terrible considering he was fighting a man with one leg.

That's true actually. He was just going for the big punch every time, now I think about it.
At times it was painful to watch when he had the injury, because I didn't want Haye to get hurt even more. It's not like he could of got out the way. From the 10th and 11th it looked like Haye was getting something back from the fight but then unfortunately fell out of the ring from where he was ducking and swerving the punches.

Bellew tired himself out and I don't know how because he didn't start fighting till the 5/6th round. He did look terrible and Haye deserves a rematch.

What was the judges scorecard's?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Don't know why Haye was talking rematch tonight, he's finished.

Injury ravaged old man now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I can't understand all these comments about it being a really good fight. The division is a joke. The first few rounds they feeling each other out. Then between rounds 3-6 was a handful of punches thrown by each. Then after round 6 bellew was too tired to finish off a crippled fighter. Why was Bellew even tired and struggling to hit a crippled fighter, i don't know. He'd only thrown about 25 punches up until then.

It was two out of shape poor fighters looking for a last payday. The fact Bellew even said after the win it was all about the money for the family and he didn't care about the win. It was more comical than entertaining.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm not the biggest boxing fan (and didn't watch the fight – only followed it on Twitter/SSN, etc), but caught a lot of the 'build-up' last week which was, to me, pathetic, especially given the post-fight embrace/love-in.

But what I don't understand is why people are saying how bad Bellew was. The odds were MASSIVELY stacked against him, he was fighting with a broken hand from round 2/3 and up against someone bigger, stronger and heavier than him. Yes, I get that Haye's leg had gone, but it was still an upset.

Like I say, I'm not the biggest fight fan, but if I put this 'upset' into footballing context, isn't it a bit like lower league teams beating a PL side and 'hanging on' at the end? All the pre-fight talk (from experts) was that it was a mis-match, cruiserweight vs heavyweight and Haye was going to win without a doubt. Bellew isn't a heavyweight, so why is anyone surprised that he struggled?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm glad I didn't cough 16 quid to watch a bloke on one leg fight a bloke with a broken hand. It's like Aldershot V Mansfield being on PPV.

I'd be better off standing outside my local Yates's wine lodge on a Saturday night waiting for it all to kick off to see a better fight..

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I can't understand all these comments about it being a really good fight. The division is a joke. The first few rounds they feeling each other out. Then between rounds 3-6 was a handful of punches thrown by each. Then after round 6 bellew was too tired to finish off a crippled fighter. Why was Bellew even tired and struggling to hit a crippled fighter, i don't know. He'd only thrown about 25 punches up until then.

It was two out of shape poor fighters looking for a last payday. The fact Bellew even said after the win it was all about the money for the family and he didn't care about the win. It was more comical than entertaining.

Spot on, it was pretty hopeless

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I'm not the biggest boxing fan (and didn't watch the fight – only followed it on Twitter/SSN, etc), but caught a lot of the 'build-up' last week which was, to me, pathetic, especially given the post-fight embrace/love-in.

But what I don't understand is why people are saying how bad Bellew was. The odds were MASSIVELY stacked against him, he was fighting with a broken hand from round 2/3 and up against someone bigger, stronger and heavier than him. Yes, I get that Haye's leg had gone, but it was still an upset.

Like I say, I'm not the biggest fight fan, but if I put this 'upset' into footballing context, isn't it a bit like lower league teams beating a PL side and 'hanging on' at the end? All the pre-fight talk (from experts) was that it was a mis-match, cruiserweight vs heavyweight and Haye was going to win without a doubt. Bellew isn't a heavyweight, so why is anyone surprised that he struggled?

How can you comment when you didn't see the fight !!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How can you comment when you didn't see the fight !!!

Because – as a laymen and casual observer of boxing (my interest being piqued by the build-up, but not enough to spend the money, or make the effort to watch it) – I'm asking for some sort of explanation of why Bellew has been made out (by some) to be an undeserving winner. Maybe it's because I DIDN'T see the fight that I don't understand that POV, given that he won, despite having a broken hand and being lighter and the rank outsider with the bookmakers.

I wasn't aware I made any comment about the fight itself, only the outcome and the fallout after it!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
"I hate the guy, I wanna do him so serious damage. He hasn't got a chance. I can't stand him"

Fight happens. Boxers pocket millions.

"Oh he's brilliant and he deserves the win and he also smells great and I reckon he's also a great dad and donates to charity".

And repeat.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Was not a classic encounter, but entertaining.
The Irish girl, Katie Taylor, on the undercard was incredible though.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Was a great fight.
Don't know what more you can expect/ask for.

More than 10 punches thrown

Some actual boxing skill and combination of punches.

A close match and not one fighter to be crippled and the other punched out.

What boxing do you watch.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
More than 10 punches thrown

Some actual boxing skill and combination of punches.

A close match and not one fighter to be crippled and the other punched out.

What boxing do you watch.

Most fights across MR and BN.

Everyone I've spoken to loved it, great build up, good fight with 2 very different boxers.

What match were you expecting?

Can't please everyone.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Biggest scouser v one legged opponent since McCartney v mills
Intriguing fight as it happened with a ruptured Achilles making it close.

Hard to believe belles was calling it a success

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here