Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club will be writing to those who purchased a ticket for Bournemouth [but didn't go]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very quick action from a club that DOES give a shit, and is not just content to collect the sky money and to hell with it what the plebs are doing scrabbling about for tickets.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Seems fair to me. Yep a bit harsh for people to be banned for passing tickets on but ultimately those are the rules (and it's the law i think that it's non transferable?)

The club in my opinion need to make sure it is easy to return away tickets though to keep the scheme fair

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
So one of my mates can't go Sunday so has given his ticket to another mate that was just short of points, they should both expect bans? F*** off

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The point is your mate might not have enough points but he is still taking the place of someone who has
That's hardly fair and now you've posted that I expect there will be stewards on the gate checking ID's now

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The point is your mate might not have enough points but he is still taking the place of someone who has
That's hardly fair and now you've posted that I expect there will be stewards on the gate checking ID's now
Ah we've already thought of an easy way around it (which I won't post on here) [emoji23] always be one step ahead of the system [emoji106]

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Pity club didn’t put this much effort into getting a striker in .... so what happens to genuine fans for whatever reason don’t make it to games sickness etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Also be nice if they acknowledged the points for that game and others have been wrong and open to abuse . No blame

Still, it's our weekly bum smacking now done

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Loyalty Point Changes

Following the abuse by some supporters of Brighton & Hove Albion's loyalty point scheme at the Carabao Cup match with AFC Bournemouth, the following changes to the scheme were agreed at yesterday’s club board meeting:

terms and conditions of the loyalty point scheme will be amended so that loyalty points are awarded on match attendance - for both home and away games - and not simply on ticket purchase;
the club now reserve the right to reconcile attendance data from host clubs with away match tickets sold; and loyalty points may only be awarded once this process is complete;
where attendance data isn’t available from host clubs, the club reserves the right to use other pre and post-turnstile methods to measure and record supporter attendance at matches against tickets sold;
identifiable abuses of the loyalty scheme will result in loyalty point deductions and may also result in possible further sanctions (including a further deduction of points or an away ticket ban);
where away match tickets are purchased and passed on for use by other fans, not eligible for the tickets, supporters risk punitive sanctions including loyalty point reductions and an away ticket ban.

The above changes will be implemented with immediate effect.

The club’s board is committed to maintaining a loyalty point scheme that is fair and transparent for all fans.

The loyalty point scheme is primarily designed to drive support for the team and to reward fans for their help in doing this.

When demand for tickets exceeds supply for most of our away games, and whilst the vast majority of fans buy tickets to support the team, it is clear that some fans are tempted to “harvest” points for matches they don’t wish to attend.

This type of behaviour is against the spirit of the club’s loyalty scheme, doesn’t provide any support to the team, and stops other fans from attending matches along with the chance to build their own loyalty point totals.

If identified, this behaviour will now lead to punitive sanctions as outlined above. The club will not issue any further warnings before taking action.

Meanwhile the club will be writing to those supporters who purchased a ticket for the Bournemouth Carabao Cup match but did not attend.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
So one of my mates can't go Sunday so has given his ticket to another mate that was just short of points, they should both expect bans? F*** off

No - the new rules apply "with immediate effect" not retrospectively; so you can argue that your mate bought his ticket discovered he couldn't go and gave it to a mate, and that all happened before the new rules came in.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Merge please Bozza.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No - the new rules apply "with immediate effect" not retrospectively; so you can argue that your mate bought his ticket discovered he couldn't go and gave it to a mate, and that all happened before the new rules came in.

Yeah or we'll take the club on judge Rinder!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Shirley the main issue is seats not being empty?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is it not a customers right to use or not use a product or service they have purchased?

Of course it is, and you still can.

However, it is also the vendor's right to choose whether or not to sell to you in the future.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton

Think you'll find the tickets have always been non transferable so they can do what they want

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

So was that an apology from the club for making a mistake???

or just watch your ass boys?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
My guess is that this is intended to give a strong signal that the club don't want to see a situation like the Bournemouth cup match again (as many have argued that was likely to have been a bit of a one off anyway). In practice it will be pretty clear from the full away ends at Arsenal, West Ham and most other league away matches, that there isn't much of a problem and the club will be unlikely to invoke draconian measures of mass ID checking etc in order to check whether a handful of people in those full away ends are actually using a mate's ticket. It just means that if there is a repeat of Bournemouth they have covered themselves for taking action against the 'no shows' because they've now been warned. In the same way the club doesn't bother, in the absence of evidence that there's a mass abuse going on, to check that every ST used at a home match is being used by the named STH (even though the terms and conditions allow them to). They know that some won't be, but the 'problem' is too small to be worth the cost and effort involved in dealing with it. For most league away matches it will be the same story IMO

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Of course it is, and you still can.

However, it is also the vendor's right to choose whether or not to sell to you in the future.

Unless, of course, it can be proved that you are discriminating against the purchaser for one reason or another.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pity club didn’t put this much effort into getting a striker in .... so what happens to genuine fans for whatever reason don’t make it to games sickness etc

I suspect the club put a thousand times more effort into getting a striker than in tinkering around the edges with this scheme.

Effort is no guarantee though, especially if the tactical plan of waiting until the last day was poor in the end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here