Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa & Sunderland

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
When Calderwood was here it was assumed that he played a massive part in our promotion pushes. It seems that in truth that he is nothing without Hughton and we are better off without him. Trollope, Nevin and Roberts are all on the same wavelength as Hughton and we have done well to obtain them.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Has his 'special' transfer window closed yet? I'm sure with a couple of hundred million he can keep their heads above water

'Arry said they will be in the top 6 next year after the Burton game:

I will give them a good team and I still say, by the end of the window I’ll have a group of players that I’ll work with and we’ll still be pushing to be up there in that top six next year.”

He didn't mention which division that would be in though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Oscar Garcia to Villa?

Aston Villa have made an approach for former Brighton & Hove Albion manager Oscar Garcia, according to a report by Spanish newspaper Sport.

Oscar Garcia

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Based on tickets sold including 10,000's of cheap-as-chips season tickets? As opposed to the real lower number there.

Actually 26k was about the right number, my point was there are some crazy fans in football and the club do not deserve it.

£370 was the cheapest ticket this season which I would think based on average earnings in the area is not a huge discount on other areas in relation, I recall my first season at the Amex was not much more than that in the North Stand

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
He would take either job Sunderland or Villa apart from the fact that he will have to work with what he has until January, which is not his way.

Don't think any PL or Championship club would look at him now, especially not Sunderland!!! Think he will just end up managing in places like Middle East. His career has really plummeted. Sad really as there is a top manager in there somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here