Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Start of the Gloucester Blues Festival today - loads of free music right through to next weekend. Coleford Music Festival this weekend, about 20 miles away (free, and a couple of excellent bands in the line-up too), and also this weekend, the Northleach Festival of Amplified Music (20 miles in the other direction).

I'm caught in three minds...............

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Father John Misty coming to The Dome in November. That'll be good, if you like that kind of thing, which I do.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Deer Shed festival at the weekend:

Lets Eat Grandma: entertaining. Good loud bass.
Jesca Hoop: did an acoustic set. Don't like acoustic sets.
Honeyblood: good crowd-pleasing rocky indie set.
Teenage Fanclub: lovely three-part vocal melodies, great treasure box of songs, ending with Sparky's Dream and Everything Flows. Crowd happy.
SHELLS: lovely voice, shame it was an acoustic set - one to watch.
Hooton Tennis Club: Knockabout indie fun, (my) kids loved it.
Arab Strap: very good, First Big Weekend - with updated lyrics - was a lovely way to finish.
Juanita Stein: pleasant Americana-sounding stuff, but a little too acoustic for my tastes.
Teleman: enjoyed their set, finishing with a storming Dusseldorf.
King Creosote: some songs slightly outstayed their welcome, but was a nice diversion in the sun
Flamingods: noisy and global. Quite good.

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
Father John Misty coming to The Dome in November. That'll be good, if you like that kind of thing, which I do.

I'm glad he's coming to Brighton, same month as Mac DeMarco, but the timing of ticket sales couldn't be worse for me - only just got back from travels and have so many shows to see.

A couple of cheapies for next week however; Penelope Isles at The Joker for £3 and The Death of Pop for free at Sticky's.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Arcade Fire tickets went on sale this morning. [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION], [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] - did you get any? I'd like to, but I really can't be doing with a midweek jaunt to Wembley Arena, much as Earls Court was superb.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Arcade Fire tickets went on sale this morning. [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION], [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] - did you get any? I'd like to, but I really can't be doing with a midweek jaunt to Wembley Arena, much as Earls Court was superb.

No, Wednesday and Thursday at Wembley was a put off, £65 for a ticket was a deal breaker. I'm not paying that...I'd struggle to justify paying that if they were playing in Brighton.

It's a shame, though. I love the new album.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
No, Wednesday and Thursday at Wembley was a put off, £65 for a ticket was a deal breaker. I'm not paying that...I'd struggle to justify paying that if they were playing in Brighton.

It's a shame, though. I love the new album.

Totally agree, that is EXACTLY where I am too. Ticket price, especially when you factor in all the other charges, makes it prohibitive.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The Dome are coining it from me this autumn:

Jason Isbell
Goldfrapp
Father John Misty

Something had to give and it was Metronomy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hello mate. They've just played a headline Berlin show in amongst their festival dates but I decided to hold out for a Berlin show after the album is released. I noted these U.K. dates but Im still holding out for some mainland European ones and Berlin especially.

As an aside I was in a cafe a few weeks ago and they were playing The Suburbs. I ordered another coffee and just sat there and listened to it all; it's definitely my favourite.

Hope you're well; no doubt see you soon somewhere.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Jason Isbell
Goldfrapp
Father John Misty

Looks like they've got Metronomy, G!YBE and Michael Kiwanuka on consecutive nights, which means I won't be bothering with Metronomy.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

I thought long and hard about it. I'm still thinking long and hard about it. The chances are, I will be thinking long and hard about it when it sells out, and then I'll wish I had got a ticket.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Looks like they've got Metronomy, G!YBE and Michael Kiwanuka on consecutive nights, which means I won't be bothering with Metronomy.

Had to give up G!YBE too...may regret that.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Jason Isbell
Goldfrapp
Father John Misty

Waiting on Metronomy and God Speed You incase West Ham Away is moved to Sunday or Monday night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here