Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NY Yankees in talks to take over Notts County

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Juventus only wear black and white because they got their kit from the same supplier as notts county... Fact..

No I think you'll find they borrowed a kit from Notts County. Or County sent them out a kit. Something like that.

They had pink kit before but it kept running so they asked a player of theirs who was a Brit if he knew of anyone in the UK that could get them some harder wearing stuff and he went to Notts Countys kit supplier I believe. That's the story I have been told.

Originally, and until 1904, they played in pink shirts with a black tie, which only occurred due to the wrong shirts being sent to them, the father of one of the players made the earliest shirts, but continual washing faded the colour so much that in 1903 the club sought to replace them. Juventus asked one of their team members, Englishman John Savage, if he had any contacts in England who could supply new shirts in a colour that would better withstand the elements. He had a friend who lived in Nottingham, who being a Notts County supporter, shipped out the black and white striped shirts.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Difficult to see how they can dramatically alter the fortunes of Notts County under the current FFP restrictions in the short or even long term. But it'd be good to see them restored to Championship level. Grand old club, nice ground, in a great city and a top away trip.

With allowed losses, I guess Division Two is a realistic goal. Beyond that it's down to how well the club grows.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Originally, and until 1904, they played in pink shirts with a black tie, which only occurred due to the wrong shirts being sent to them, the father of one of the players made the earliest shirts, but continual washing faded the colour so much that in 1903 the club sought to replace them. Juventus asked one of their team members, Englishman John Savage, if he had any contacts in England who could supply new shirts in a colour that would better withstand the elements. He had a friend who lived in Nottingham, who being a Notts County supporter, shipped out the black and white striped shirts.

And don't torino then play in red to mirror County's city rivals?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Isnt their potential support greater than Nottingham Forest, so slowly climbing the leagues wouldnt endanger FFP which is virtually abandoned any way.
How? Surely the potential support for both clubs is drawn from Nottingham and it's surrounding areas?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here