Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Redknapp's post-match comments - in denial?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Most of QPR's attempts were hopeful shots outside the box, and the ones they got on target were soft and straight at Koosh. Considering the ref was their 12th man handing free kicks left right and centre I am not surprised that they had the opportunity for more shots.

I never felt the need to chew my nails in this game and it was only a couple of times that I felt we could have conceded because we were hard to break down and we were fairly solid at the back.

Agree with all of this. I thought Oscar got the game plan spot on. We hurried them up for much of the game and our work rate was excellent. Big shout to the back four and TK who were immense tonight. I thought our defence looked rock solid all game. They had lots of chances but most were hit n hope from distance.

As for Redknapp? He can go and do one. We've heard all his tired old dinosaur excuses so many times - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He's pushing Billy Davies hard in the 'biggest managerial **** in this division' award.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
There was a 10 - 15 minute spell early in the second half when Morrison and Hoilett were running us ragged, but suddenly the game changed…not quite sure why, but we came into it more, and began to open them up. The move for the first goal was great, and Bruno's cross perfect. Just looking at the BBC stats, I cannot for the life of me think where their 21 shots came from - Kusch was hardly tested. Having said that, on the balance of play, they probably deserved at least a point. But that's football!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The difference is we put our chances away. That's it.

Two chances, as I later casually mentioned to Harry :D

uty5unys.jpg

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I don't think they were better than us. I think they have individual quality but as a team they stink.

What game were you watching.

They were miles better than us.
They are a better version of us control possession but run out of ideas in the final third.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Two chances, as I later casually mentioned to Harry :D

uty5unys.jpg

Edna: "Missing Austin, are you Harry?"
Churchill Dog: "Ooooh Yes."

He looks dead chuffed to have been collared there and I don't blame him one little bit after his recent experience with the rozzers

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What game were you watching.

They were miles better than us.
They are a better version of us control possession but run out of ideas in the final third.

Miles better than us at what? Keeping possession, having shots from miles out and not scoring? Wow. Jealous. And for only £1 million a month too.

NCBHA

Jan 31, 2011
Goals win games. They were the best side tonight, but we scored 2 goals v their 0. That is football.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We kippered them.

They played well, best side this season, but we got our tactics spot on.

Harry got it all wrong, playing a high line with Buckley on the pitch. Just asking for trouble.

Lingard seemed to have a football brain in excess of his actual skill.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Was it really necessary to do the wanker sign? I thought you had more class than that, Edna.

Wanker sign? You're seeing a wanker sign? Where, exactly?

I hope you never have to do one of those psychologists' ink blot tests. Who knows what horrors you'll start forming in your mind out of the random shapes.

"Wanker sign", FFS :rolleyes:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Wasn't close enough to hear what the banter was thrown at 'Arry was, but I was told the fans near him were singing...'Your'e getting sacked in the morning' and Sandra...(whatever his wife name is) put the kettle on,Sandra put the kettle on....'Arry replied with his finger across throat sign...how true I don't know....can anyone near confirm this ?
'Arry in my book is not a good manager....every club he goes too he just spends money in bundles on any player who is doing well at the time,hate to think what their wage bill is.....anyway....justice prevailed.

BHAJ

Jun 17, 2011
Southwick
This is true, although the throat slitting gesture was moments after Harry called said fan a f**king tosser.
Wasn't close enough to hear what the banter was thrown at 'Arry was, but I was told the fans near him were singing...'Your'e getting sacked in the morning' and Sandra...(whatever his wife name is) put the kettle on,Sandra put the kettle on....'Arry replied with his finger across throat sign...how true I don't know....can anyone near confirm this ?
'Arry in my book is not a good manager....every club he goes too he just spends money in bundles on any player who is doing well at the time,hate to think what their wage bill is.....anyway....justice prevailed.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They were alright until they got to the final third as they had nothing upfront. When is Austin fit as I can't see them winning many matches without him. Keane, on loan from United, was awful. Has he even scored a goal for them this season?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If that's as good as they've played all season you would have to question how they've got so high up the league really.

Nothing special , we allowed them to come at us and defended really well overall - the thing I will never get is why we leave it late to properly go for it!! reminds me of the Charlton and Leicester home matches last season.

This. They were good, but they weren't that good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here