Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£4-5 million to be spent of the stadium...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I used to love it when you rocked up to The Goldstone and saw the scaffolding up, knowing it would be on The Big Match next day.
Excellent shout :) The scaffolding being up always caused a little bit of excitement.

"Crystal Palace, Crystal Palace. Can you hear us on the box...?!"

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Also need to lose the bog hand dryers where you have to wave your hands in a certain position for them to click on.

Refit with Dyson Airblades all round please.

Also, I want chair handrests with cup holders.

Then I can splash some water from the sink all over the front of my trousers, then complain to a steward that 'those new Dyson urinals are rubbish.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
black.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We just took this pic from the SE corner whilst visiting the Amex, taken just below the new Sky TV box.

IMG_0367.JPG

A security guy said the infrastructure spend this summer has now risen to £8m. Which includes work on cameramen pits around the pitch, individual floodlight fittings are £2k a go, the main WSU camera gantry has been lowered (you can see that in the pic) and there's another new camera installation at the very back centre of WSU.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We just took this pic from the SE corner whilst visiting the Amex, taken just below the new Sky TV box.

View attachment 87639

A security guy said the infrastructure spend this summer has now risen to £8m. Which includes work on cameramen pits around the pitch, individual floodlight fittings are £2k a go, the main WSU camera gantry has been lowered (you can see that in the pic) and there's another new camera installation at the very back centre of WSU.

Ouch!
(But I wonder how he would know)

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover

View attachment 87639

Presumably most of that £8M was spent on rotating the stadium by 90 degrees.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We just took this pic from the SE corner whilst visiting the Amex, taken just below the new Sky TV boX.

I think you will find the club had agreed to pay the £8m, but as the lights were being driven to the Amex and were on the M25 Norwich came in with a more lucrative offer and they're now heading to Carrow Road.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I think you will find the club had agreed to pay the £8m, but as the lights were being driven to the Amex and were on the M25 Norwich came in with a more lucrative offer and they're now heading to Carrow Road.

:lolol:
Excellent. We'll get to have a look and boo at them tomorrow.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

View attachment 87639

Crazy to think just 20 years ago The Goldstone was sold for less than the cost of these improvements !

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
We also had to buy the plinth that the match ball sits on before the ref picks it up as he leads the teams out. Nothing says 'Premier League' more than that.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's got nothing to do with the aesthetics of the stadium or how new it is. One of the reasons clubs get paid so much money in this league is because the world's broadcasters and media turn up on match day, and not just the Argus and Channel 5.

We had to hard wire the whole stadium to the tune of £900,000 instead of the broadcasters having to lay cables every home game.

Then there's somewhere for the 3D cameras, hawk-eye for the referee, new lighting everywhere and other such fancy stuff you need in the Money League.

It's not about whether you have enough leg room, what material the seats are made out of, if you have bed sheet sized handkerchiefs in the changing rooms for Ibrahimovic or whether or not you sell blinis with sour cream and caviar.
He's correct to a certain extent though. I spoke to a Wednesday STH a few weeks ago and he said that the conservative estimate to make Hillsborough PL compliant was £25m+. So would probably end up being £40m+.

The place is almost as much of a dump as Selhurst (and God knows how that shitpile is allowed to host PL football).

Fortunately for Wednesday [emoji23] they don't have to worry about that for a while, if ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here