Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheating *unting *anker of a referee tonight!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ref didnt cost us game however some very odd decisions. ie Foul given by Dunk when long way away and linesman next to him didnt give, No way was he was going to book Baldock until player rolled around. Murphy fouled when passed defender but didnt give secound yellow.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Compared to the ref on Saturday he was very whistle happy. I thought he was a typical PL ref, trying to teach us oiks in the Championship how to play the 'beautiful' game.

Yes, in true PL style it was all about him. The way he repeatedly delayed the penalty by walking between Hemed and the ball to move someone back 2 inches showed a total lack of empathy for the game, from someone who's probably never played it.

The ref ruined the game as a spectacle, taking an essentially non-contact view on the laws. If this is what we would get every week in the PL then I'm not sure I want to go there. Which looks increasingly likely(!)

PG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ref didnt cost us game however some very odd decisions. ie Foul given by Dunk when long way away and linesman next to him didnt give, No way was he was going to book Baldock until player rolled around. Murphy fouled when passed defender but didnt give secound yellow.

He didn't book Baldock.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

He didn't actually booked Baldock - he booked their player for gobbing off at the lino. The big screen had it wrong for 10 mins then reverted it correctly. Same with Lawrence booking which happened after our goal for gobbing off - it took the big screen 10 mins to show that.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Not if he slipped over, myself and others ( on this thread ) thought March slipped over, maybe that's what the ref saw.
I've seen three different opinions, foul, dived and slipped.
I would have to see it again to be 100% sure.

And, what's more, the referee would have to be the same 100% sure to award anything (pen to us, free kick to them).

This notion that in situations like this it's only a foul or a dive is ludicrous.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surprised so many people commenting on Dunk's booking. For me it was a nailed on booking - not for the 'foul' (of course it wasn't a foul) but for his reaction to the decision.

Another thing not mentioned - though may have missed it on this thread was Lawrence 's outrageous dive to 'win' (yes 'win' - you're not supposed to 'win' free kicks or penalties - that's called cheating) the free kick which led to their goal.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I think he was booking Dunk anyway - got the yellow in his hand pretty swiftly - may have been for reaction as well but all happened quickly and was busy giving the ref an ear-full as we all were!

I commented on that free-kick as it happened - was up the other end from me but he seemed to know there were 3 players on him and nobody to pass to so dived. Annoying but they could argue Bruno did same (difference for me is Bruno was pulled back clearly, there was also a handball just before that which many wouldn't have seen, so ours was a pen and there's wasn't a free-kick in my honest opinion - no blue and white specs.)

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Got to also say I thought Bruno was lucky to escape without a booking after the first half clash of heads. He was going for a ball he had no chance of getting, and clobbered their fella quite nastily.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I think he was booking Dunk anyway - got the yellow in his hand pretty swiftly - may have been for reaction as well but all happened quickly and was busy giving the ref an ear-full as we all were!

I commented on that free-kick as it happened - was up the other end from me but he seemed to know there were 3 players on him and nobody to pass to so dived. Annoying but they could argue Bruno did same (difference for me is Bruno was pulled back clearly, there was also a handball just before that which many wouldn't have seen, so ours was a pen and there's wasn't a free-kick in my honest opinion - no blue and white specs.)

That said - irrespective of Lawrence's irritating Lippizaner run-up - it was an absolute peach of a ball into the box for their goal. Damn them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry - he did yes - I was (like Sheebo) referring to the earlier incident.

I think the original comment was based on that incident and yes he didn't book Baldock in that first half one. He may have been thinking about it / about to and then there fella gave the lino a serious amount of verbal that was audible from the stand in front.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Got to also say I thought Bruno was lucky to escape without a booking after the first half clash of heads. He was going for a ball he had no chance of getting, and clobbered their fella quite nastily.

I'd agree with that ...especially with a card happy ref...looked very much as though Bruno led with his arm...poor ref for both teams imho

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That said - irrespective of Lawrence's irritating Lippizaner run-up - it was an absolute peach of a ball into the box for their goal. Damn them.

With those free kicks, if you put a curling, pacey ball into the box and ON TARGET there is always a very high chance of a goal. We see it happening constantly in pro football now and it certainly was a great ball. Makes you wonder if we should leave a deeper free man right beside Stockdale (Duffy) to watch the kick and attack it - yes he'd be playing them all onside but I think it's worth the risk as these goals are so common now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd agree with that ...especially with a card happy ref...looked very much as though Bruno led with his arm...poor ref for both teams imho

No arm involved, just his head. But, as said, he was never winning it. Was expecting a yellow, I'm sure, which is why after initially sitting half upright, then seeing their lad was hurt, he quickly went down himself.

More shite refereeing:
How did Dunk get a yellow?
When he booked Chambers it took the stadium 10 minutes (including the screen) to work out it wasn't Bladoxk.
Stopping March in his tracks when he was on his own for a foul 5 seconds earlier.
Blowing for a foul in 10 seconds. And loving it.
His wife must have promised to touch him if he blew over 250 times.

Blow what over 250 times ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You don't have to be deaf or a lip reading expert to know Dunk's treatment of the 'east stand' lino, in the first half, was appalling.
Every decision is met with a torrent of effing and jeffing.

It's no wonder he's on a bazillion cards while Duffy only has 4 yellows all season.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Yes, in true PL style it was all about him. The way he repeatedly delayed the penalty by walking between Hemed and the ball to move someone back 2 inches showed a total lack of empathy for the game, from someone who's probably never played it.

The ref ruined the game as a spectacle, taking an essentially non-contact view on the laws. If this is what we would get every week in the PL then I'm not sure I want to go there. Which looks increasingly likely(!)

PG

The stupid thing was that there were still 2 Ipswich players with half their foot in the penalty area when he was being that fussy and when it was taken but he seemed more interested in a couple of other payers who had their toes just touching the white line

Didn't even look like a foul from where i was as Dunk got the ball first. If a free kick was to be awarded for this incident, then it should have been against Duffy sliding in too from the other side, and 'sandwiching' their player but as others have pointed out about other incidents, if he is not sure how can he give a decision and surely Duffy's position would have blocked the ref's view of it so how can he be sure that Dunk committed a foul, and that it was worthy of a yellow card, especially considering that the lino was right there and didn't even signal for a free kick (from Dunk's side of the challenge)

No need to ask or tie yourself in knots , it was a simple comment. Hope that clears it up for you. *rolls eyes*

I think the answer you are struggling to give here is that you were not present at the game last night, hence your evasive responses to the repeated asking of this question.... Your answer is at almost politician standard ducking of a question when clearly caught out and doesn't want to admit the truth

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
You don't have to be deaf or a lip reading expert to know Dunk's treatment of the 'east stand' lino, in the first half, was appalling.
Every decision is met with a torrent of effing and jeffing.

It's no wonder he's on a bazillion cards while Duffy only has 4 yellows all season.

Same with Knockeart.

Ref wasn't great, but Ipswich were cynical.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here