Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Terry Wogan

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He was part of my childhood and beyond. The King of light entertainment and his subtle digs in the Eurovision Song Contest were always very funny. RIP

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Nice commitment to being 'edgy' there, I'm sure all the notifications you'll have got have made you feel all tingly and proud. Well done.

As it is this is turning out to be a crap few months in terms of genuine showbusiness legends shuffling off the mortal coil, losing Bowie, Lemmy, Rickman and now Wogan. Rubbish.

Edit; Is there any way Wogan could get to number one? Surely it'd be a well deserved one (in terms of gesture rather than the actual song...).

Maybe his best Eurovision moments to the background tune of the Brighouse & Radstrick Band.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Another celebrity many of us have grown up with, sadly gone. RIP

Totally agree,alot of us recall the 70,s well before the internet,breakfast TV,mobile phones etc and in many households no doubt it was R2 parents choice,but you turned on the radio just like the kettle it became second nature.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
RIP Terry.

You made fantastic earnings through Charity funds.

All the best and peace be with you x.
Just for clarity, are you saying he helped charity raise fantastic funds or are you trying to have an under the radar dig at him?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Totally agree,alot of us recall the 70,s well before the internet,breakfast TV,mobile phones etc and in many households no doubt it was R2 parents choice,but you turned on the radio just like the kettle it became second nature.

We had to have Radio - the heart of the South - Mercury on in our house :( But we watched Wogan on BBC1 all the time. I don't get sentimental about celebs passing but Bowie and Wogan have hit me for six. Two genius of their craft and both kinda of feel part of your life story too. And both lovely fellas obviously. I'll really miss Sir Tel, a proper 'Oirish agent. you kind of took him for granted that he'd live for ever. My wife is so upset, he was well loved locally and used to regularly open the local fete etc when she was little and a teenager. She showed me photo of him in the early 80s as he was always happy to pose for a picture with him and help out for free (Val Donnacan wanted paying for such events, Sir Tel did them for free!). We shall lay a shamrock at our local church for him where he lived. Mrs Wogan a stanch Catholic. God bless yer Sir!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Thank the heavens for people like Terry Wogan. Such a massive part of our lives and unique in every sense.

RIP Sir, you went far too young.

getz

Jan 15, 2010
Without him would we have heard of Eva Cassidy,Caro Emerald and many others he promoted on he's morning show. RIP.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
[tweet]693722990907936768[/tweet]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Very harsh as most on here were disgusting towards the wonderful Maggie thatcher.

Whatever terry Wogan was - or wasn't - he was relatively harmless.

But not everybody would agree with your assessment of Mrs Thatcher as wonderful - me included.

But I wouldn't and didn't post anything about her when she died.

Jul 7, 2003
Yes, very sad. Commuting from MK to Hemel could be pretty hellish for many years - but Wogan could always lighten the mood. I remember more than once having to pull over because of what Terry was saying

Not long before he gave up the breakfast show, I sent in an email about how the BBC were censoring a Scouting For Girls track (had a line about being a pain in the ass) when they were also playing another song with similar wording without blanking out the word. I thought what I wrote at the time was fairly amusing - when broadcast about 20 minutes later Sir Terry had made some changes to my text and turned it into a thing of beauty about declining standards in the BBC.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here