Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three things: pies, Forest and...

albion1972

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Can't remember the fog but can remember watching what was quite a big game with a group of Hove Parkers and some swift jogging round the Sackville Road and Hove Station areas after. #WitnessTheFitness
we dragged Abdul to the game ..from memory it was you,me ,colin holland, duncan booth maybe stayner and a few others and a few from year below us padjett and tomsett

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
we dragged Abdul to the game ..from memory it was you,me ,colin holland, duncan booth maybe stayner and a few others and a few from year below us padjett and tomsett

Sounds about right to me. I'd forgotten we took Abdul!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's a wee bit more inspiring than last season'r marquee striker, Chris O'Grady. It does have the potential to go t**s up tho.

I wonder if you'll still be saying that in 12 months time.

CoG didn't play because he wasn't selected.
BZ may not play because he can't.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm over the moon about this, but surely another striker will be needed?
Yes of course. Fans just need to remember what this is - we're not paying £8m for a star striker to fire us towards promotion, we're getting a hugely experienced striker on a free transfer, who loves the club and will help while he's on the field and while training. He may score goals, he may not. We shouldn't be pinning any hopes on him, but he should be able to help us and it's great to see him back home.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I was trying to work out what I feel about BZ coming back.
Considering the very real risk that he might barely kick a ball and that he is anyway a very different player now to the one who left us I still find myself in part excited and in part relieved.
He is by no means the messiah but after last season he does at least offer a beacon of hope and a lift to the spirit when we all desperately need one. I am way too old for replica shirts but there are a few of my grandsons will be getting a Zamora shirt and a dewy eyed explanation of why

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Prob mentioned somewhere else on here but Naulor has said as far as he's aware it's just speculation re BZ. Another Bozza v Naylor head to head has begun..?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Prob mentioned somewhere else on here but Naulor has said as far as he's aware it's just speculation re BZ. Another Bozza v Naylor head to head has begun..?

'Speculation at this juncture' was the exact context.

Which just means the club are not confirming anything at this time.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
2. I predict a record number of rearranged matches this season. Well into double figures.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If I told you BZ was in me lua Lua road today..... Would that add more fuel to the fire ;-)

Last edited:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Not sure how this fits into the thread but does anyone else remember us chanting for almost the entire second half "we're going to win the league" despite being battered by Sheff Wed? A great Goldstone North Stand evening!

And for a good 15 minutes after the game ended (people didn't want to leave)
Must have been a full moon that night

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Why does Bobby like 25 anyway? Is it just his lucky number?

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Sure. La Brunhilda, Mechela, Azotea, Perro Viejo, Antojo, Eslava for excellent modern tapas.
For something more traditional try Bodega Romero, El Rinconcillo or Los Coloniales on plaza Cristo de Burgo (there's another branch that isn't as good). Los Dardos is good for fried fish.

Enjoy.

Cheers!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If I told you BZ was in me lua Lua road today..... Would that add more fuel to the fire ;-)

No it wouldn't add fuel to the fire because i have no idea what you are dribbling on about but it sounds rather gay though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here