Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I'm not surprised you feel like that, but you should have seen it coming.

No deal was never an option for any UK Government of whatever political persuasion as they would then put themselves out of government for years (if not generations to come). The British Government know that, the EU know that, the only reason it is ever mentioned is to try to keep certain parts of the UK electorate happy and pretend there were options in the negotiation.

So, given what's left and the insistence of No border in NI/Ireland, there really only was one option left, and that's what we're getting.

It was all made clear before the vote, and that's what you voted for.

*edit* And that's without the God knows how many extensions to membership before we get to that point.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Let's go for no deal,and spend the 39 billion on the NHS,Galileo 2,and a sweetener for Carnet to clear off.You know it makes sense!
Found a nice picture for Astra Lavi to use for their avatar:

Astra lavi.png

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
no ones being shafted , that's just a convenient excuse to roll out because you cant accept the referendum result, the vote was to leave and that's what's going to happen with either a deal of some description or a no deal scenario , what's the problem
regards
DR

A deal of some description is the only way we are leaving, and will be unlike any described by Leave campaign. No Deal is a fantasy and any politician advocating it is either deluded or trying to delude the public.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Perhaps the NSC clairvoyants club could tell all the Remain press who were banging on about a no deal 'disaster' for months or the numerous groups lobbying against this scenario plus the UK and EU sides that have invested big money in 'no deal' contingency planning that there is nothing to worry about ..

http://www.cityam.com/280911/brexit-latest-dutch-government-has-triggered-plans-no-deal

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...c-to-cope-with-no_uk_59f873f2e4b09b5c2568f822

That'll be all the work that's started and all the workers employed ready to build a hard border in Northern Ireland and all the lorry parks etc that the various ports and airports need ready for the customs checks to start in 8 months time then

If you really believe this, then I would advise you to put all your savings into tarmac companies :lolol:

bagdad-bob.jpg

Giving it further thought, A4 paper, pencil and rubber suppliers would also be good investments as I can tell you with absolute certainty, that there will be no IT systems in place in time.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Usual load of old toilet water from Watford Gap.If there's a hard Ulster border,then the Republic would have to build it,and if the EU don't sell us anything why would we need a lorry park for all their polluting trucks?Wonder if Astra toilet is him?:lolol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Usual load of old toilet water from Watford Gap.If there's a hard Ulster border,then the Republic would have to build it,and if the EU don't sell us anything why would we need a lorry park for all their polluting trucks?Wonder if Astra toilet is him?:lolol:

Oh that's the way border control on a hard Brexit works is it. The EU has it and we just let everything and everyone in and out with no controls :facepalm:

It wasn't, isn't and never was an option for Brexit. Only an idiot would think otherwise - awaits [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] post to confirm

Shooting%u00252Bfish.jpg

Last edited:

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Perhaps the NSC clairvoyants club could tell all the Remain press who were banging on about a no deal 'disaster' for months or the numerous groups lobbying against this scenario plus the UK and EU sides that have invested big money in 'no deal' contingency planning that there is nothing to worry about ..

http://www.cityam.com/280911/brexit-latest-dutch-government-has-triggered-plans-no-deal

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...c-to-cope-with-no_uk_59f873f2e4b09b5c2568f822

A no deal is not a disaster for remainers, far from it.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh that's the way border control on a hard Brexit works is it. The EU has it and we just let everything and everyone in and out with no controls :facepalm:

It wasn't, isn't and never was an option for Brexit. Only an idiot would think otherwise - awaits [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] post to confirm

View attachment 97206

OK then,so you admit you are an idiot.How do you think border controls work now?:rotlf:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A no deal is not a disaster for remainers, far from it.

Well everybody will be happy apart from the EU then,who will be short of cash for their budget!:lolol:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I'm not surprised you feel like that, but you should have seen it coming.

No deal was never an option for any UK Government of whatever political persuasion as they would then put themselves out of government for years (if not generations to come). The British Government know that, the EU know that, the only reason it is ever mentioned is to try to keep certain parts of the UK electorate happy and pretend there were options in the negotiation.

So, given what's left and the insistence of No border in NI/Ireland, there really only was one option left, and that's what we're getting.

It was all made clear before the vote, and that's what you voted for.

*edit* And that's without the God knows how many extensions to membership before we get to that point.

I think you'll find the facepalm was because I couldn't be bothered to reply. Not because I think I was wrong voting leave. Which meant out by the way. Completely out that is.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That'll be all the work that's started and all the workers employed ready to build a hard border in Northern Ireland and all the lorry parks etc that the various ports and airports need ready for the customs checks to start in 8 months time then

If you really believe this, then I would advise you to put all your savings into tarmac companies :lolol:

View attachment 97205

Giving it further thought, A4 paper, pencil and rubber suppliers would also be good investments as I can tell you with absolute certainty, that there will be no IT systems in place in time.

That'll be the planning and work that has already happened in case of a no deal (see previous links). I'm not the one claiming to know the future/always knew what the outcome would be. Also you seem to have ruled out crashing out through sheer incompetence ..

As you know I spent month after month saying a no deal Brexit was 'unlikely' while numerous posts from many remainers bigged up grounded planes, cancer drug scare stories, crashing out on WTO rules etc. I also seem to remember you making an incorrect prediction with absolute certainty saying you would leave the thread if proved wrong .... :p

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think you'll find the facepalm was because I couldn't be bothered to reply. Not because I think I was wrong voting leave. Which meant out by the way. Completely out that is.

You have no idea what it meant. You may have your own reasons for voting out and you may have hoped for certain things to happen but nobody, not you, not me, not the government, knew what you were actually voting for. To pretend otherwise is a lie.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You may well have thought that, but it appears you were mistaken. Because quite evidently, what you are getting is what you voted for.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That'll be the planning and work that has already happened in case of a no deal (see previous links). I'm not the one claiming to know the future/always knew what the outcome would be. Also you seem to have ruled out crashing out through sheer incompetence ..

As you know I spent month after month saying a no deal Brexit was 'unlikely' while numerous posts from many remainers bigged up grounded planes, cancer drug scare stories, crashing out on WTO rules etc. I also seem to remember you making an incorrect prediction with absolute certainty saying you would leave the thread if proved wrong .... :p

Well Shirley if we are going out with no deal, it will be in 8 months time so we don't have to pay further membership and the divorce bill. (Or are we going to continue pay to be a member with no voting rights for a few years, pay the divorce bill and then crash out with no deal in a few years time). Because that sound good to me as a plan.

And i don't think you will find any posts where I have been proved wrong, but you're welcome to look :wink:

Come on you Fulham !

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ah, you're another one who thinks no deal = staying in the EU. Wishful thinking, a no deal would most likely see May fall and a Brexiteer take over. If it came to a GE the public also seem to have more balls than our polticians with over 70% supporting a no deal over a bad deal and only 26% supporting an any deal option.

https://order-order.com/2017/10/12/74-say-no-deal-is-better-than-a-bad-deal/

I've never found that having more balls than sense is particularly advantageous :p

Plus it appears one of the few things we agree on, is that no Government, no matter how incompetent, will go for a no deal so we may as well concentrate on what's left.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well Shirley if we are going out with no deal, it will be in 8 months time so we don't have to pay further membership and the divorce bill. (Or are we going to continue pay to be a member with no voting rights for a few years, pay the divorce bill and then crash out with no deal in a few years time). Because that may be a little foolish as a plan.

And i don't think you will find any posts where I have been proved wrong, but you're welcome to look :wink:

Come on you Fulham !

Meh ... Villa or Fulham not bothered who wins. At least 4 points guaranteed next season either way :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here