Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] This is why we have a lack of upcoming British referee's...

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
My view is that any player who is found guilty of abusing a ref should be made to train as a referee and and be made to ref a match before they are allowed to play again. That way they will see first hand how difficult it can be to make on the spot decisions. Refs at amateur level are doing it because they love football not for the £15 to 20 they get. It astonishes me that so called sports people whether they be supporters, players or managers cannot understand that.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My view is that any player who is found guilty of abusing a ref should be made to train as a referee and and be made to ref a match before they are allowed to play again. That way they will see first hand how difficult it can be to make on the spot decisions. Refs at amateur level are doing it because they love football not for the £15 to 20 they get. It astonishes me that so called sports people whether they be supporters, players or managers cannot understand that.

nope, make them attend anger management at own expense and before being allowed to play again they must re-paint the clubhouse...with an airfix brush.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I used to ref when I was 16/17 to earn a bit of Money, I'm fairly certain, I used to Ref Beach Huts team and his lad. Used to try and two games back to back when I worked out that they were decent club with respectable parents.

I did have one Dad run on the pitch and grab me round the neck think it was Hollingbury Hawks, I quit at the end of that season.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
About 20 years back I somehow found myself on the committee of the Brighton, Hove and District Football League and got co-opted onto the disciplinary committee. It was a real eye-opener. We dealt with situations where players had assaulted the ref on a number of occasions. Every time we as a committee voted to ban the player concerned for life.

However the depressing fact was that each case I saw was then appealed by the player to the county FA and every single time our life ban was commuted to one or two months and the player concerned was free to get back out there. More than once a player went on to do it again and still got the reprieve from the county FA. I blame the old guys in blazers

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If the teams are in organised leagues they should be thrown out and every official and player have there registrations revoked for life.
Those involved, yes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here