Izquierdo - 2

Gross - 5
Murray - 4

March - 3
Baldock - 6
Kayal - 5

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
So your expectation is someone who can hold the ball and then accelerate away from his marker, can't think of many of them in the PL and on our budget its not going to happen. Playing a lone striker in the PL, with your midfield supporting your defence is asking a lot of the midfield and the strikers. We are acrificing our midfield and henc eour strikers to aid and support our inadequacies in defence. Play one up top and go down, play two and we have a chance. We can't play for a draw in this league and our inability to provide our strikers with a scoring opportunity is not the strikers fault.

The problem is a 2 Man midfield in this division can get crucified so it’s a difficult conundrum

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Didn't get to go the game but listened on radio and have watched brief highlights. The goals themselves came from 2 basic individual errors (not staying with the man you're marking at a corner). First was Dunk and second was Bong - it doesn't matter if we sign a striker or not - if we carry on making those stupid mistakes, we are most definitely going down.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
There are those on here who think Stephens is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm in the other camp in thinking that he is a permanent weak link. I was not at the game today bur listened to the radio commentary and time after time it was "Stephens has given the ball away" - misplaced pass 90% of the time. He has started every game this season. Probably time to rest him.

Which is evidence enough that you weren’t at the game. Propper had an absolute mare, Stephens one of only two players who looked up for the fight (with Murray). The rest of them don’t seem to like travelling north of Watford.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Propper and AK were shocking today
AK is looking like Lua Lua now as he does the same thing every time
Bong was poor today as his misplaced pass to Bruno led to the corner from which they scored the first goal from and also guilty of ball watching as well
Solly did very little when he came on
Very poor all round and be hard to pick a stand out player today
Ryan looked gutted at the end of the game as he walked off the pitch

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just got back. Went past Villa Park on way home, hadn’t realised how close they all are.

Really poor. Defending embarrassing. Thought Murray was the only one who could hold his head up.

6 - average

Ryan 6
Bruno 4
Duffy 4
Dunk 5
Bong 4
Knockaert 5
Propper 4
Stephens 6
Izquierdo 5
Gross 6
Murray 7 - held the ball up really well

March 5 - bizarre substitution
Baldock 6
Kayal 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Which is evidence enough that you weren’t at the game. Propper had an absolute mare, Stephens one of only two players who looked up for the fight (with Murray). The rest of them don’t seem to like travelling north of Watford.

How I saw it.

My only criticism of Stephens today was that he seemed to make some really good interceptions, then immediately lose the ball.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I'm very negative about today (I normally try to find the positives, but apart from the pre-match lunch and clear motorway travelling I've got nothing).

Scores in my view:

Ryan 6
Bruno 5
Dunk 4
Duffy 2
Bong 2
Knockaert 2
Stephens 4
Propper 4
Izquierdo 4
Groß 4
Murray 6

March 5
Baldock 6
Kayal 6

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Ryan 6
Bruno 4
Dunk 5
Duffy 4
Bong 4
Knocky 3
Stephens 4
Propper 4
Izzy 4
Gross 4
Murray 6
Subs
March 5
Baldock 6
Kayal 6

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just got back. Went past Villa Park on way home, hadn’t realised how close they all are.

Really poor. Defending embarrassing. Thought Murray was the only one who could hold his head up.

6 - average

Ryan 6
Bruno 4
Duffy 4
Dunk 5
Bong 4
Knockaert 5
Propper 4
Stephens 6
Izquierdo 5
Gross 6
Murray 7 - held the ball up really well

March 5 - bizarre substitution
Baldock 6
Kayal 6

Knockaert 5 !!!!......are you serious....the man was embarrassingly poor....misplaced pass after misplaced pass....fluffed our only real clear chance, which might have given us a glimmer of hope....been found out at this level....defenders don't fall for that twisting and turning routine. Cannot deliver a decent ball into the box and is now in the ' luxury we cannot afford category ' Cannot be played away...complete and utter waste of time. Just play him in home games.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ryan - 6

Bruno - 3
Duffy - 3
Dunk - 3
Bong - 3

Knockaert - 2
Stephens - 3
Propper - 3
Izquierdo - 2

Gross - 5
Murray - 4

March - 3
Baldock - 6
Kayal - 5

Pretty much as I saw it, except 4 for Gross and 2 for Propper ( simply awful and totally undeserving of starting in front of Kayal )

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The problem is a 2 Man midfield in this division can get crucified so it’s a difficult conundrum

I still think we should try 4-4-2 or.... heaven forbid... 3-5-2... preferably before it's too late. Can't see us staying up with the current 4-4-1-1...unless we buy a couple of cracking players in January [a CM and Striker].

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Ryan 6
Bruno 4
Dunk 5
Duffy 4
Bong 4
Knockaert 3
Stephens 6
Propper 3
Izquierdo 5
Gross 5
Murray 6

Subs.
March 5
Baldock 6
Kayal 7

Stephens and Murray weren't too bad. The less said about Knockhaert and Propper the better. What's happened to Duffys distribution - awful

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Knockaert 5 !!!!......are you serious....the man was embarrassingly poor....misplaced pass after misplaced pass....fluffed our only real clear chance, which might have given us a glimmer of hope....been found out at this level....defenders don't fall for that twisting and turning routine. Cannot deliver a decent ball into the box and is now in the ' luxury we cannot afford category ' Cannot be played away...complete and utter waste of time. Just play him in home games.
[MENTION=17103]Mo Gosfield[/MENTION] He was poor hence a 5, but there were others worse.

The difference with him for me, is that when he is poor (and he was), he still puts in a shift. Example in the first half, dreadful corner by Gross, they broke and he absolutely worked his nuts off to defend.

5 feels right to me, but you are welcome to your opinion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan 5
Bruno 3
Dunk 4
Duffy 5
Bong 4
Knockaert 4
Stephens 4
Pröpper 4
Izquierdo 4
Groß 4
Murray 5

March 5
Baldock 6
Kayal 5

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
There are those on here who think Stephens is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm in the other camp in thinking that he is a permanent weak link. I was not at the game today bur listened to the radio commentary and time after time it was "Stephens has given the ball away" - misplaced pass 90% of the time. He has started every game this season. Probably time to rest him.

Stephens was our best player today. He gave the ball away a few times in the second half but by then the players were having to play more expansive football to try to get back into the game. More risk is bound to result in more misplaced passes. It’s also of note that he probably has more touches of the ball than any other in the team each game. Watch him closely, he places himself in space and makes himself available for the ball far more than Davy Propper does. There were some poor performances today, but Dales’s wasn’t one of them.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Ryan 6

Bruno 3
Dunk 5
Duffy 4
Bong 4

Knockaert 2
Stephens 6
Propper 6
Izquierdo 6

Groß 5