Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news - Blatter suspended!!!

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Surely, as an organisation, its time to disband and all the nations to start a breakaway organisation?

So what if all the corrupt nations who still support Blatter don't want to join. They are TINY footballing nations who ultimately won't be missed.

There was an interesting view I read on the BBC Sport "Live Reaction" bit.

(Copy and pasted from the BBC, bit in bold is my emphasis):

Chris Eaton the executive director of the Doha-based International Centre for Sport Security:

"Let’s not forget what Fifa is, Fifa is an event management company and not the whole of the sport of football.

"The sport of football is a plethora of organisations. This whole thing needs something drawing it altogether like glue and that can only be led by someone with a powerful personality.

"This is nothing more than underlying the extreme disaster that Fifa is in.”

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Saw this from Platini:

"I have always acted and expressed myself with honesty, courage and candour, as I feel that this is my moral duty. I am certain that we will overcome this difficulty with full transparency and the unity that gives football its strength."

So he's already highly fluent in FIFA-speak, actually managing to come out with that pile of shite with a straight face. Absolute textbook meaningless GUFF from Platini that could just have easily come from Blatter, Valcke, or any of the other corrupt thieving cronies who infest that squalid stinking, self-serving carcass of an organisation from top to bottom.

I saw a grat quote on Twitter the other day - the only suspension everyone really wants to see is Blatter suspended by his bollocks from a stadium roof in Qatar.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The preposterous claim that Platini was handed 2 million euros for consulting work he supposedly did 9 YEARS PREVIOUSLY is what really makes me chuckle. Did he forget to send the invoice or did Blatter never send him the PO? Perhaps he didn't want to rock the boat by actually asking for the money? Surely it couldn't be that he was handed a big juicy bribe by Blatter in 2011 and, once the evidence was uncovered, they had to concoct a (totally un)believable explanation?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Any word on whether the FA are still backing Platini for President?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The preposterous claim that Platini was handed 2 million euros for consulting work he supposedly did 9 YEARS PREVIOUSLY is what really makes me chuckle. Did he forget to send the invoice or did Blatter never send him the PO? Perhaps he didn't want to rock the boat by actually asking for the money? Surely it couldn't be that he was handed a big juicy bribe by Blatter in 2011 and, once the evidence was uncovered, they had to concoct a (totally un)believable explanation?

As an accountant I'd love to see the audit trail for this job, when and if Platini had paid income tax on the sale etc. Given that our own HMRC can go back only six years when enquiring into a Tax Return - and will probably archive / destroy their records before that - the whole '9 year delay' for invoicing takes on a new meaning.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Saw this from Platini:

"I have always acted and expressed myself with honesty, courage and candour, as I feel that this is my moral duty. I am certain that we will overcome this difficulty with full transparency and the unity that gives football its strength."

So he's already highly fluent in FIFA-speak, actually managing to come out with that pile of shite with a straight face. Absolute textbook meaningless GUFF from Platini that could just have easily come from Blatter, Valcke, or any of the other corrupt thieving cronies who infest that squalid stinking, self-serving carcass of an organisation from top to bottom.
That's just the thing, he didn't come up with the quote. Nor did his lawyers. They just took a card from the box and read it out.

And still, I imagine the Qatar world cup will stand.

Don't even get me started on that one.
What do you think about the world cup being held in Qatar?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Ridiculous. I'm shocked the FA can come out so vehemently against the award of the WC to Qatar, but manage to separate Platini from it. Now it's looking farcical.

'Who are you backing to become President and deliver the dramatic reform FIFA needs to pull itself out of a deep pit of corruption?'

Dyke- 'Er- that guy who secured the World Cup for Qatar?'

'Where is he now?'

Dyke- 'Er- he's been suspended for 90 days on charges of corruption'

Still backing him Greg?

Dyke- 'Oh yes, it's just an investigation, he's probably clean as a whistle. Not involved at all.'

http://gu.com/p/4d62a?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And still, I imagine the Qatar world cup will stand.

Don't even get me started on that one.

Both World Cup bids are under investigation by the Swiss authorities but when wrong doing is discovered & proved, I believe FIFA will still want the two tournaments to go ahead. However, my hope is that FIFA just crumbles and disbands along with these two corrupt tournaments. The replacement organisation will then need to set up a new bidding process that would need to be astonishingly transparent. I'm liking the options coming out of the IOC about FIFA.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It does seem a remarkable coincidence that this payment was made just a few months after Platini had voted for Qatar.

I think that the English FA saw him as the least worst option to back to be honest - can't beat 'em join 'em etc - and to try and get him back on side.

His pattern of voting in the 2018 bid, where he first voted for Holland then changed to Russia in the second round, was clearly to ensure that England got knocked out in the first round of voting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It does seem a remarkable coincidence that this payment was made just a few months after Platini had voted for Qatar.

Of far greater significance is the fact that shortly after this payment was made to him by FIFA, Platini withdrew his candidacy for the FIFA presidential election, and instead backed Blatter to stay in office.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
'Innocent till proved guilty' blah blah blah

It's SHAMEFUL that The FA are still PUSSY-FOOTING around their support of Platini. Surely they realise that the whole organisation is ROTTEN to the core and the ONLY way forward is to rip everything up and start agin.

What a bunch of gutless SHITPUFFINS

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Hardly surprising. No concern about the reputation or longevity of FIFA at all - he'll bring down the whole organisation if he falls. Still, in comparison to our Murphy appeal, he has a great chance of winning. It would be brilliant if they extend the ban to after the election of a new President.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here