Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa vs Brighton U21

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Eh? What early signs are there to suggest he hasn't settled?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442259509.606351.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe, just seems a little odd the choice of words.
I think (hope) you're just reading too much into it. The question was whether he would start against Hull, and it's no surprise the answer was no, because the team are doing too well to drop anyone.

We're also not entirely sure where he will play - in Baldock's position, on the wing, or as part of a front 3 in a 433/451? CH might not know where he's going to play yet either.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Actually re reading it, the last line is odd. 'Were finding out lots of things about each other'. Is a strange choice of words as you say, hopefully we're reading too much into it.

That last line is quite a worry. Maybe he simply hasn't impressed Hughton at all in training so far? Really hope it's nothing like that

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I see that the U21's play at the Lancing training ground now as opposed to Culver Road. Can we still go and watch or are they all played behind closed doors as its at the training ground??

Tickets now available online for the next U-21 match - at the training ground next Monday, at home to Stoke City (kick-off 1pm). Go for it, [MENTION=21090]saltdeanseagull1[/MENTION] - UNDER-21 STOKE TICKETS AVAILABLE

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That last line is quite a worry. Maybe he simply hasn't impressed Hughton at all in training so far? Really hope it's nothing like that
He got on the bench, so can't be doing too badly.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Think you've read too much into it. Have you revised your opinion after last night?
PS after March's performance last night, I'd expect Manu has just moved one up the pecking order. CH has been very loyal to the players that have played well, and will make those outside the 11/18 wait to prove themselves when the opportunity arises. See Dunk, for instance.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Think you've read too much into it. Have you revised your opinion after last night?
PS after March's performance last night, I'd expect Manu has just moved one up the pecking order. CH has been very loyal to the players that have played well, and will make those outside the 11/18 wait to prove themselves when the opportunity arises. See Dunk, for instance.
Why should i change my opinion? Did he come on? As i said if you read my post properly - I really hope it's nothing like that and i'm reading to much into it.

Hughton said something about given him time to settle.

Uwe a 1.5 million(roughly) signed on the 12th Aug and two days later straight into the team.

Elvis signs for 1.5 million during a two week break and didn't even make the bench for the first game.

Like i say i hope i have got it all wrong.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Why should i change my opinion? Did he come on? As i said if you read my post properly - I really hope it's nothing like that and i'm reading to much into it.

Hughton said something about given him time to settle.

Uwe a 1.5 million(roughly) signed on the 12th Aug and two days later straight into the team.

Elvis signs for 1.5 million during a two week break and didn't even make the bench for the first game.

Like i say i hope i have got it all wrong.

Difference with Uwe is that Dunk had downed tools against Southend. That's looking like a great decision from CH, especially in terms of building team and squad cohesion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here