Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How did Knockaert do last season?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Why do you mention that and not his assist for the goal?
I watched the game on telly in the evening. I saw all the second half. I had read on here that he had done some reckless challenges so surprised when I saw them, he was miles from the player and not out of control. Had AK stayed on we probably would have won.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You may have had your tongue in your cheek - but actually (apart from Gross, as yet), it may not have been the intention, but that is what has actually happened!

Well, yes.......but that was really the reason behind my tongue in cheek comments!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I watched the game on telly in the evening. I saw all the second half. I had read on here that he had done some reckless challenges so surprised when I saw them, he was miles from the player and not out of control. Had AK stayed on we probably would have won.
Have to agree bud, March should of gone as he was shit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hmm...I'm sure there was another thread last night about AK...where seagulwedgee or whatever his name is was making disparaging remarks about AK...seems to have disappeared

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah I was looking at that this morning. Really odd that the fella thought anyone might be interested. Glad its gone.

Lol yes....and in the last comment I saw he said he only wanted to be positive which seemed to run totally against the comments he was making over AK's personal life last season....out of order I thought, so stopped communicating with him

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
My two cents are that he was lucky to keep his place for much of last year. Whilst he rarely lost the ball, he struggled with the tactical issues he faced at a higher level as well as the increased physicality of defenders. His head seemed elsewhere at times, probably as a result of losing his dad.

He'll never be the player he was in the Championship at this level - I don't think he's got either the physicality or outright pace to repeat such feats in the Premier League. But he's shown since the end of last season, and into this season, that he can still contribute very well if he can keep up the pace of his play and he can isolate defenders one on one high up the pitch as he did a few times on Saturday. I don't see that competition is a bad thing for him as a result.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hi all, one of the Iranian fans here.
Hello :)
One question I've had is how in your eyes did Knockaert do last season? He appears to be one of the most consistent players on the pitch and his creativity is the spark behind a lot of good movement up front. I just wonder if this is new or not
He joined us 2.5 seasons ago. He was great in his first half season in the Championship, and then even better the following season in the Championship, picking up the player of the season award (for the division, not just our club). Then last year he wasn't so consistent, and I think it wasn't until late in the season he really got used to the Premier League and started to show what he's capable of. So at this level, he hasn't yet shown much consistency, but then wingers often don't.

I don't really see why Brighton spent so much money on Alireza Jahanbakhsh when they have a pretty good RW already.
Competition for places, covering injuries, and the fact that wingers like Knocky can blow hot and cold.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Not out of control? There were two occasions, one by the corner flag and one by the half way line where he went flying in, yes he wasn't that close to the player but he also had no chance in getting the ball either so why dive in feet first. Had the player delayed passing the ball for half a second and AK taken that extra step before lunging to the ball it COULD have been deemed a dangerous tackle and given a straight red even if he had hit the ball first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here