Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clubs we must look to finish above

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Such bitterness Simeon...I haven't seen this side of you before

No David, not at all. Normally I'd hope Huddersfield stay up (as long as it's not as our expense) but what they did last season was a disgrace and cost Blackburn their status. I would simply find it frightfully amusing KARMA.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
West Ham and Palace will have new managers before Christmas.

Can't see West Ham being near the bottom three with the players they have if they get a manager in that knows what they are doing - Same with Palace.

Huddersfields run of games after the October Break is a killer.

Swansea/united/Liverpool/wba/bmuff/city/Arsenal/Everton/Brighton/Chelsea

Even the "easier" games are mostly away.

That will see them drop like a stone

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No David, not at all. Normally I'd hope Huddersfield stay up (as long as it's not as our expense) but what they did last season was a disgrace and cost Blackburn their status. I would simply find it frightfully amusing KARMA.

Really so 1 match in 40 odd cost Blackburn, apart from them being shitehouse the rest of the season....blimey.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Really so 1 match in 40 odd cost Blackburn, apart from them being shitehouse the rest of the season....blimey.

That's right. The idea of the league is that it is supposed to be as fair as possible, as you hope the luck evens out over the course of a season and generally the better teams rise to the top and the worse teams to the bottom. But it does rely on integrity from the participants, of which Huddersfield showed they had none.

Blackburn had to play 46 games against full strength teams. Birmingham only had to play 45 against full strength teams and in one game they might reasonably have expected to get only a point or none at all, they were handed a crucial 3 points because Huddersfield chose to play their stiffs and kids as soon as automatic promotion was beyond them. It was utterly shameful and what is worse is the the FA didn't throw the book at them for it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That's right. The idea of the league is that it is supposed to be as fair as possible, as you hope the luck evens out over the course of a season and generally the better teams rise to the top and the worse teams to the bottom. But it does rely on integrity from the participants, of which Huddersfield showed they had none.

Blackburn had to play 46 games against full strength teams. Birmingham only had to play 45 against full strength teams and in one game they might reasonably have expected to get only a point or none at all, they were handed a crucial 3 points because Huddersfield chose to play their stiffs and kids as soon as automatic promotion was beyond them. It was utterly shameful and what is worse is the the FA didn't throw the book at them for it.

blimey. ok.

did our last three games after promotion where we played whilst having been on the piss not affect anything...I cant remember...of course we always send out our strongest team against everyone...all teams do...you know, like every top team in the various cup games? Teams in the Europa league that realise that to stay in the circus they cant be arsed with it and send out reserve teams,....

But hey, pick out Huddersfield for your outrage...I am sure it will make you feel better.

Anyone we are not going to fall out over this...you have your opinion, I have mine.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Agreed. incredible that nothing got sorted, striker wise, since June.

Loads saw it coming the moment we didn't pay that fee to Abraham who was our top target.

Generally shouted down by lickers but not a surprise is the thing that leaves bitter taste

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bet365 now have us at 10/11 for the drop. That price will not get any better, its practically buying money.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
The bookies think it will be 3 from 9 - here are the best price relegation odds:

Albion: 5/4 (Favourites) :down:
Burnley 13/8
The Nigels 15/8
Huddersfield 2/1
Swansea 9/4
Bumfluff 13/5
Newcastle 4/1
West Ham 4/1
Watford 9/2

9/1 bar

4/1 on Newcastle is fantastic value - there's certainly a >20% chance they'll go straight back down, whether or not you think we'll join them.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Huddersfield will not finish any higher than 14th IMO. Their start flatters them (they've done well but their fixtures have been kind). I reckon they will do what Blackpool did in their only season at this level - 7 points from their first 3 games, and they were outside the relegation zone nearly all season but they gradually slid down the table and were relegated on the final day. Huddersfield might stay up, but mid-table is laughable.

I'd call 14th mid table.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Loads saw it coming the moment we didn't pay that fee to Abraham who was our top target.

Generally shouted down by lickers but not a surprise is the thing that leaves bitter taste

Not sure I saw it coming from back in June, but amazed that nothing got over the line in the striking dept. Only, the eternal optimists among us would hope for survival now.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Huddersfield play Klopp style - mega high intensity, high pressing in final third. I didn't think they'd keep it up right til end of season in the Champ, I was wrong.

I would be absolutely FLABBERGASTED if they kept it up for a whole season in the Prem. Expect them to drop off MASSIVELY from Christmas/January time onwards. I think it's an incredibly risky strategy they employ.

Yoda

English & European
The West Brom game will be a monster game and will show us exactly where we are and what our expectations should be. Home games we have to win and nick points away like Watford to hope to stay in this circus.

Even after the first two games, I was targeting that game in my hear as our first win. My thinking was get a point at Watford with a positive performance (apart from not scoring, check), that could give us the confidence over the next run of three games to target three points from each. West Brom & Newcastle at home both winnable, Bournemouth away too seeing as they are slow starters and misfiring again already.

Then after 6 games we are already a quarter of the way to the 40 points usually needed to survive in this league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here